Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:19 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Huge drop on GMATprep, 3 days left untill the GMAT. Help! [#permalink]
At this point, your best bet would be to use the official material only, if you have already exhausted the OGs, then you can go through the compilation of questions from gmatprep by whiplash on this forum.
All d very best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 376 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
independentm wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a huge issue and I'm starting to panic. I already took the GMAT once in january and due to the poor performance on quant I scored 500 (q:31, V:29).
Since then I went through the OG 12 quant and verbal again, studied the MGMAT SC book, and MGMAT geometry and inequalities books. I also did the MGMAT CATs and my score was around 660 with a decent quant around 45. Afterwards I did the GMATprep 1, scored something lower and went through the questions I got wrong. Afterwards I retook the GMATprep 1 and got a better score.

MGMAT1: 600 (q43, v30)
MGMAT2: 620 (q40, v35)
MGMAT3: 660 (q44, v36)
MGMAT4: 660 (q45, v35)
MGMAT5: 640 (q42, v35)

GMATprep 1: 630 (q38, v38)
GMATprep 1: 710 (q46, v40) retake

AND TODAY:

GMATprep 2: 580 (q36, v34)

I'm really desperate and starting to panic, I'm taking the GMAT in 3 days (saturday) and even though I practiced quant I keep scoring lower and lower. Where is the problem?
I really need to score above 650 on saturday, until a week ago I thought that it would be possible, but today after the GMATprep I lost all of my confidence and I'm truly desperate.

I would appreciate any advice, but the main thing I'm wondering, after these scores is if there is even a slight possibility that I could score over 650 on saturday? The quant is clearly the problem here, but is there anything else I could do? I mean, I scored well on MGMATs, did the OG, went through the questions I got wrong, and after all of this my score just keeps dropping. What am I supposed to do in these 3 days in order to at least return where I was with my score?

Thank you in advance for your help.

your scores are steadily on increase. it shows your preparation is right.
you have learnt the mistakes and doing the corrections.
your 580 score of 'today' shows you are stressred and you are allowing yourself to be panicked.
i experienced the same. i decided to take my gmat in May and really worked hard but the scores went down.
with everyone's suggestion, i postponed it and you wont beleive did well with practice test.
dont let it happen to you. last two days are just to revise.
just relax,
be confident.
you are going to score great. all the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kashishh wrote:

your scores are steadily on increase. it shows your preparation is right.
you have learnt the mistakes and doing the corrections.
your 580 score of 'today' shows you are stressred and you are allowing yourself to be panicked.
i experienced the same. i decided to take my gmat in May and really worked hard but the scores went down.
with everyone's suggestion, i postponed it and you wont beleive did well with practice test.
dont let it happen to you. last two days are just to revise.
just relax,
be confident.
you are going to score great. all the best!

Thank you for the support man!

I was indeed a bit stressed during the ''today's'' practice exam, I started well in math and on the end did a bunch of careless mistakes, now that I've revised all those questions again I did most of the questions correctly without even looking at the answers. I feel a bit more confident now, but still there is a lot to do.

However I will follow your advice, which I also read on many topics, I will practice until friday at noon (the day before the GMAT), and in the afternoon and in the evening I'll try to relax and stay calm as much as possible.

This is my last chance to score above 650 in order to apply for my studies this year so hopefully with a bit of luck it will turn well. Will post a debrief right after the exam on saturday!

P.S. Congrats on your GMAT, I believe that the feeling when it's finally over must be awesome :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
you are always going to see bumps up and down on your score. especially this early, just focus on our strengths and good luck on the real thing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
Sounds like you need to relax. At this point you know what you know. Go through some of your weaknesses and read the science section of the NY Times. Don't try and cover everything the last few days and don't pull any all-nighters you'll just burn out. Focus on not making careless errors.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
destroyerofgmat wrote:
Sounds like you need to relax. At this point you know what you know. Go through some of your weaknesses and read the science section of the NY Times. Don't try and cover everything the last few days and don't pull any all-nighters you'll just burn out. Focus on not making careless errors.

I'll try to go mostly through my weaknesses.
One curious thing however is that on the Verbal,even though I studied only from MGMAT SC, I get mostly the SC questions wrong. I don't know if that's something good or not.

I'll go over some chapters of the MGMAT SC and redo the OG SC problems and hope for the best on the test day.
GMAT Club Bot