Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Toronto Rotman 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I have been accepted at Rotman after a skype interview on Apr 20th. No scholarship so I am still working on the finances. Accepting the offer will depend on whether I can find the funding apart from the loan provided by RBC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Send PM
nikhilsrl wrote:
I have been accepted at Rotman after a skype interview on Apr 20th. No scholarship so I am still working on the finances. Accepting the offer will depend on whether I can find the funding apart from the loan provided by RBC.

Hi,

When did you apply ?

How much time did they take to get back to you after completing the formalities ?

Any clue on the no of seats increased at rotman this year ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
wayahead123 wrote:
nikhilsrl wrote:

Hi,

When did you apply ?

How much time did they take to get back to you after completing the formalities ?

Any clue on the no of seats increased at rotman this year ?

I applied on Mar 28th after which it took some time for my references and TOEFL score to reach them. Post the interview it took them about a week to get back but I am not sure about the increase in seats stuff.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
What is the most useful for you, on a trouble analysis of only the results of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

Something really surprises me here !! No rejections ? i believe i just noticed one

Do you guys think that since rotman has increased the class size this year, it is going to affect the quality of placements - both internship and final.

I heard the capacity has been increased by 30% ( i could be wrong too )

Please give insights
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I was already skeptical of Rotman's current internship/full time placement rates, I don't see how they'll stop the numbers from declining further.

I would love to hear how any 2012 students find the recruitment process once it begins. I image UofT will increase the amount of internship students they hire internally (such as the Impact Consulting Group) in order to inflate their numbers.

I really wish Ivey & Queens offered 2 year programs, right now Rotman has free reign and very little competition so they aren't forced to invest heavily in their career services program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am also a part of another forum - typical indian forum, i found the question floating around - why no one is getting rejected this year ?

I think someone who has seen the working of the school closely can give good insights, because the size of the batch will grow and in terms of capacity schullich and rotman will almost be the same.

Do you think the economy will be able to digest such an outflow ? because almost all international students come to canada MOSTLY because of friendly work permit rules, else in terms of quality of education i believe I would prefer not to spend 100k US $ for Rotman (personal opinion, people may agree/disagree), because with the same amount of money i might get into top 10 b-schools of US.

My intention to compare the fees is to help me understand whether it will be worth a job even once you spend 100k US$.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
wayahead123 wrote:
I am also a part of another forum - typical indian forum, i found the question floating around - why no one is getting rejected this year ?

I think someone who has seen the working of the school closely can give good insights, because the size of the batch will grow and in terms of capacity schullich and rotman will almost be the same.

Do you think the economy will be able to digest such an outflow ? because almost all international students come to canada MOSTLY because of friendly work permit rules, else in terms of quality of education i believe I would prefer not to spend 100k US $ for Rotman (personal opinion, people may agree/disagree), because with the same amount of money i might get into top 10 b-schools of US.

My intention to compare the fees is to help me understand whether it will be worth a job even once you spend 100k US$.

Hope one of the existing students or alumnii can pitch in with their opinions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i am also very eager to have a concrete and authenticated opinion (not just an analysis), its big money for me as an indian, and if i come back to india with rotman, i am not gaining anything out of it because rotman is still a regional school (canada) and people do not give due weightage to it.

In that case, schullich has a campus in india with a full time director sitting at mumbai for their industry interaction, i am sure schullich could turn out to be a safer option (if i can not hear any concrete opinion)

I have heard that some 50 odd students are indians, any idea how many have paid money ? because i noticed in some past threads that those who have applied to two or more schools (one at reputed US and second at Canada - rotman) choose US one considering high tuition fees .. any idea ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
These concerns are pretty serious and it will be great to have clarification on these areas. In addition, does anyone fully understand the loan options for international students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

I got admission offer from Rotman yesterday. Had applied very late (May 3rd) ..interviewed on May 16th and got the offer on may 17th.
But as I did not get any scholarship, wont be joining Rotman.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssmba wrote:
Hi All,

I got admission offer from Rotman yesterday. Had applied very late (May 3rd) ..interviewed on May 16th and got the offer on may 17th.

I have also decided not to join Rotman, due to financial reasons. So you planning to go to Schulich.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
nikhilsrl wrote:
ssmba wrote:
Hi All,

I have also decided not to join Rotman, due to financial reasons. So you planning to go to Schulich.

Yes I am joining Schulich in all probability. Have been waitlisted in Nanyang S'pore for long.
I have visited both the campuses of Schulich and Rotman. Both seem equally good or bad :)
Even the latest salary report suggests schulich is better (little ahead) or at par with rotman. So dont see much value in spending 84500$ for Rotman as compared to Schulich 56000$.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ssmba wrote:
nikhilsrl wrote:
ssmba wrote:
Hi All,

Yes I am joining Schulich in all probability. Have been waitlisted in Nanyang S'pore for long.
I have visited both the campuses of Schulich and Rotman. Both seem equally good or bad :)
Even the latest salary report suggests schulich is better (little ahead) or at par with rotman. So dont see much value in spending 84500$ for Rotman as compared to Schulich 56000$.

All the best man
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hello,

I applied to rotman (completed application a few days ago because of pending document), was interviewed on 13th and rejected for the admission

my profile is
m,india
630 gmat
9 years of work ex

I have read previously that most of those interviewed get through, so i was optimistic, and even my interview was also very comfortable, i do not see interview a reason for my rejection. I asked the concerned before applying that is it worth to apply since i am on lower side of GMAT, the concerned suggeted that "yes" , you should apply.

I am not complaining, but i have a few questions if someone could help me with

1) could my rejection be because of my lower gmat or because i applied too late ?

2) Could it be because of my age - am 32 right now

3) Should i reapply with better GMAT score ( i heard that if rotman likes the candidate, the school also offers admission for the future batch - 2013 , not sure how true is this ) or once rejected I do not stand any chance because I am already at a semi higher level in terms of management cadre, and I do not expect a sea change in my work profile in a span of 6-8 months from now.

4) I believe every school talks about OVERALL profile, but my personal experience says "Its probably all about GMAT, may be because every school wants a higher rank and wants to touch an average of 700"

5) any one aware about the approach of rotman for reapplicants ? or is it waste of time considering my case has been rejected this year

thanks
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
ssmba wrote:
nikhilsrl wrote:
ssmba wrote:
Hi All,

Hello,

I have been researching about the programs of canada for some time now, i would share my research for the same. I have interacted with quiet a sizable no of students from schullich, rotman, mc.gill, HEC and UBC, Ivey ( none left :) )

Almost everyone said schullich and rotman are at par, i also asked a few about the effect of increase in class size, quiet a few expressed uncertainity as to what will happen with the increased no of students at rotman. I take this in a stride that none was confident that this increase will not cause any problem.

I believe in terms of ROI, probaly schullich is better ( i missed their deadline for 2012 :) ) , and almost all employers who visit rotman visit schullich as well, so it ultimately comes down to an individual ( chances of one to be employed by x firm are same even if he studies at rotman or schullich).

From Indian's perspective, schullich has a campus in india. I met the admissions director of schullich indian arm, i can see the hunger in schullich india to build a local network as well, so this might help to explore indian market with schullich degree.

i dont want to keep this post long, but if any one wants to know about the feedback on other school, please PM me.

thanks
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Net Impact
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
versatile wrote:
Hello,

I have been researching about the programs of canada for some time now, i would share my research for the same. I have interacted with quiet a sizable no of students from schullich, rotman, mc.gill, HEC and UBC, Ivey ( none left :) )

Almost everyone said schullich and rotman are at par, i also asked a few about the effect of increase in class size, quiet a few expressed uncertainity as to what will happen with the increased no of students at rotman. I take this in a stride that none was confident that this increase will not cause any problem.

I believe in terms of ROI, probaly schullich is better ( i missed their deadline for 2012 :) ) , and almost all employers who visit rotman visit schullich as well, so it ultimately comes down to an individual ( chances of one to be employed by x firm are same even if he studies at rotman or schullich).

From Indian's perspective, schullich has a campus in india. I met the admissions director of schullich indian arm, i can see the hunger in schullich india to build a local network as well, so this might help to explore indian market with schullich degree.

i dont want to keep this post long, but if any one wants to know about the feedback on other school, please PM me.

thanks

Whats ur take on Rotman vs Ivey?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts