Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink]
Hi Ronnie,
By "overall recruiting" you mean the procedure for getting admitted at Mannheim MiM ? If so, to make a long story short, is like this: 6/15 points are assigned to GMAT score, 6/15 points are assigned to GPA, and the other 3/15 are assigned to other experiences such as internship,semester abroad,voluntary work ext.
About jobs for non german speakers I really cannot tell. I've been told that german firms are likely to ask at least a basic level of german, but i'm confident you can find also job positions where german is not required. Generally speaking being a non-EU citizen make things a little bit more complicated because you might need a business visa but i'm sure that's not a big problem.

I hope it was helpful, do you mind sharing your profile?
Cheers Giuseppe
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peppe46ct wrote:
Hi Ronnie,
By "overall recruiting" you mean the procedure for getting admitted at Mannheim MiM ? If so, to make a long story short, is like this: 6/15 points are assigned to GMAT score, 6/15 points are assigned to GPA, and the other 3/15 are assigned to other experiences such as internship,semester abroad,voluntary work ext.
About jobs for non german speakers I really cannot tell. I've been told that german firms are likely to ask at least a basic level of german, but i'm confident you can find also job positions where german is not required. Generally speaking being a non-EU citizen make things a little bit more complicated because you might need a business visa but i'm sure that's not a big problem.

I hope it was helpful, do you mind sharing your profile?
Cheers Giuseppe

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm an Indian national with Econ undergrad. i have 2 yrs of experience in Economic reporting. I have completed CFA level 2.
By recruiting I meant number of firms interested in Fluent English speakers. I may not be able to gain high German skills in the limited time I have.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I suspected you meant that by "overall recruitment"..hihi... anyway... I think fluent english will be enough. I have some non-german friends working in German multinationals such as BMW, Allianz. And there are also tons of international firms with branches in Germany where english is the working language. But bear in mind that most german firms want to see at least basic-intermediate level of german on your CV. It's a matter of pride for them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peppe46ct wrote:
I suspected you meant that by "overall recruitment"..hihi... anyway... I think fluent english will be enough. I have some non-german friends working in German multinationals such as BMW, Allianz. And there are also tons of international firms with branches in Germany where english is the working language. But bear in mind that most german firms want to see at least basic-intermediate level of german on your CV. It's a matter of pride for them.

By the way, did you apply for English Track or German-English track? My profile: , Econ major, Indian. I already have admit from HSG for Masters in Banking & Finance. I have perfect Quant GRE of 800 which got me the admission. My GMAT is low and suspect that i might not get the nod from Mannheim. Only hope is that they might want to admit an Indian (Asian) to the pool to maintain diversity.
I'm not too keen about HSG because of the tough job permit norms in switzerland.

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 02 May 2012, 04:19.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 03 May 2012, 05:23, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm applying for the english track. Well, let me say, I guess entering in Mannheim MiM, even tought the programme has an excellent reputation (nr. 1 in germany, and 11th worldwide),might be less competitive compared to entering in, say, HSC,ESSEC,ESCP or HEC.
GMAT score stands for "just" 6/15 of the application so if you have good GPA or excellent CV experiences, that might boost your rank.
I don't have an excellent GMAT score but still I think is respectful (640), fair enough GPA (3.53/4), and rather good CV experiences. I took part to a double bachelor degree programme (management engineering and mechanical engineering) within "Politecnico di Milano" (best italian engineering university side to side with "Politecnico di Torino)) and Tongji University in Shanghai. That allowed me to live for one year in Shanghai and learn chinese on a basic-intermediate level. On the other side I lack professional experiences but I hope this won't be a big issue.
I just keep my fingers crossed and wait for the decision that should come somewhen between the end of June and the beginning of July.
What are your feelings about the admission? are you gonna make it?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peppe46ct wrote:
I'm applying for the english track. Well, let me say, I guess entering in Mannheim MiM, even tought the programme has an excellent reputation (nr. 1 in germany, and 11th worldwide),might be less competitive compared to entering in, say, HSC,ESSEC,ESCP or HEC.
GMAT score stands for "just" 6/15 of the application so if you have good GPA or excellent CV experiences, that might boost your rank.
I don't have an excellent GMAT score but still I think is respectful (640), fair enough GPA (3.53/4), and rather good CV experiences. I took part to a double bachelor degree programme (management engineering and mechanical engineering) within "Politecnico di Milano" (best italian engineering university side to side with "Politecnico di Torino)) and Tongji University in Shanghai. That allowed me to live for one year in Shanghai and learn chinese on a basic-intermediate level. On the other side I lack professional experiences but I hope this won't be a big issue.
I just keep my fingers crossed and wait for the decision that should come somewhen between the end of June and the beginning of July.
What are your feelings about the admission? are you gonna make it?

I think i have very less chances. Are you also interested in Double degree at Mannheim? Any idea on how competitive is the double degree with Queens Canada?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Camon don't be so pessimistic. Anyway I am interested in double degree programs offered by Mannheim MiM. I think they're all very competitive but I don't want to have disillusions. I want to put one step in front of the other: if and only if get into MMM, i'll have better insights about them.
Camon, be faithful, cross your fingers, and i'm sure you'll manage ;-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peppe46ct wrote:
Camon don't be so pessimistic. Anyway I am interested in double degree programs offered by Mannheim MiM. I think they're all very competitive but I don't want to have disillusions. I want to put one step in front of the other: if and only if get into MMM, i'll have better insights about them.
Camon, be faithful, cross your fingers, and i'm sure you'll manage ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be delighted if your prediction comes true!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Did anyone of you received acceptance from Mannheim ??
Is BBA or graduation in Economics necessary for Mannheim Master's in management?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dikshaahuja19 wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone of you received acceptance from Mannheim ??
Is BBA or graduation in Economics necessary for Mannheim Master's in management?

Hi. Although bachelors in management related field is desired, I would still recommend you to apply even if you don't belong to that category. Please share your profile so that I can help you better.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
u don't need BBA but still u need at least 36 ECTS in business administration from your bachelor degree. For instance, i studied production engineering but i'm applying nevertheless because i've attend several subjects in BA field.. So far nobody got acceptance because the decisions will be sent out somewhen between june and july. How's your profile anyway?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have done B.Tech in Instrumentation. Studied Economics for 1 semester.My GMAT score is 640, GPA 3.0 and I have 2 years of Work Ex in MNC.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dikshaahuja19 wrote:
I have done B.Tech in Instrumentation. Studied Economics for 1 semester.My GMAT score is 640, GPA 3.0 and I have 2 years of Work Ex in MNC.

Hi,
I highly recommend you to apply since there is no application fee. Requirements are not usually as strict as those mentioned on website. If they find your profile to be suitable, you will definitely be considered.
Are you are an Indian?? I'm based in New Delhi and my application has already reached Mannheim. :)
Results will be declared between last week of June and first week of July irrespective of when one applies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
^ Hey, I am from New Delhi too. Which college are you from?

I am applying for the MMM as well. I gave the GMAT earlier but Mannheim wasn't one of the colleges that I chose to send the score report to. Can I just send a copy of the Score Report I got or do I need to order an additional score report from mba.com, if you know?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FireWolf wrote:

I am applying for the MMM as well. I gave the GMAT earlier but Mannheim wasn't one of the colleges that I chose to send the score report to. Can I just send a copy of the Score Report I got or do I need to order an additional score report from mba.com, if you know?

Hi,
You need to send an additional report through mba.com to MMM. I'm from Sri Venkateswara College, DU? Please share your profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
FireWolf wrote:

Hi,
You need to send an additional report through mba.com to MMM. I'm from Sri Venkateswara College, DU? Please share your profile

Thanks, I'll do that then. I did my B.Com from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. Low acads (52%), but GMAT - 700 (Q46, V40, 5.5). I am a Swiss Resident and am working over here right now in a company which is part of my family business. I've done an internship in another Swiss Company earlier. Learning German at the moment. I am applying to USG, Esade and Mannheim. Chances of USG look bleak due to my low GPA, I don't know if my Swiss residency or work experience would count as an asset though. What is your profile?

P.S. A Statement of Purpose or Letter of Recommendations (the portal only says that these are needed for the Masters in Economics course) are not required for the MMM?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FireWolf wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
FireWolf wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, I'll do that then. I did my B.Com from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. Low acads (52%), but GMAT - 700 (Q46, V40, 5.5). I am a Swiss Resident and am working over here right now in a company which is part of my family business. I've done an internship in another Swiss Company earlier. Learning German at the moment. I am applying to USG, Esade and Mannheim. Chances of USG look bleak due to my low GPA, I don't know if my Swiss residency or work experience would count as an asset though. What is your profile?

P.S. A Statement of Purpose or Letter of Recommendations (the portal only says that these are needed for the Masters in Economics course) are not required for the MMM?

With 700 GMAT, you have a decent chance at HSG as well. I have an MBF admit. No LOR or SOP are required for MMM. I think since you are an Indian citizen currently residing in Switzerland, you'll be treated as an Indian (which increases your chances as HSG wants diversity)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts