Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink]
Bookmarks
So few days ago you thought you have "very less chances", now you feel confident about Mannheim.. hihi.. what made you change your mind?
Altough St.Gallen has less reputation compared to some universities which are behind in the FT ranking (e.g. LSE,ESCP,HEC,ESSEC),it's first in the ranking of MiM so there should be a reason for that, right?
Mannheim is an excellent university (11th) and I think it might get into the top10 soon, but it's not comparable to top-notch universities such as those listed before and St. Gallen.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
peppe46ct wrote:
So few days ago you thought you have "very less chances", now you feel confident about Mannheim.. hihi.. what made you change your mind?
Altough St.Gallen has less reputation compared to some universities which are behind in the FT ranking (e.g. LSE,ESCP,HEC,ESSEC),it's first in the ranking of MiM so there should be a reason for that, right?
Mannheim is an excellent university (11th) and I think it might get into the top10 soon, but it's not comparable to top-notch universities such as those listed before and St. Gallen.

I just realized that minimum requirement for Mannheim is GMAT score of 550 and it is for the first time they are launching an English track. But, yeah, it was a quick change in attitutde :lol: :lol:
Being in switzerland I will get 6 months visa to look for internship whereas in Germany I will get it for 1 year. That's why I was tending towards Mannheim. Have you applied to HSG?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nope, it was too late when I decided to apply for a MiM.
Actually I was late for most of MiM programs. Mannheim was one of the few which has such late deadlines. Also the "no fees factor" drove me to Mannheim.
I still don't know what to do: I'm considering a gap year so that I can go back to Shanghai for one year to stregthen my CV ( there I would take my double degree in Mech Engineering, work and improve my Chinese skills ) and then reapply for a MiM next year so that i'll be to apply for all the programs. Meanwhile I'll get a higher GMAT score (hopefully) with a decent preparation since the 640 I actually have is the result of an intense 10 days preparation (literally 10 days).
I'll make a decision in July.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
FireWolf wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
Hi,
You need to send an additional report through mba.com to MMM. I'm from Sri Venkateswara College, DU? Please share your profile

Thanks, I'll do that then. I did my B.Com from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College. Low acads (52%), but GMAT - 700 (Q46, V40, 5.5). I am a Swiss Resident and am working over here right now in a company which is part of my family business. I've done an internship in another Swiss Company earlier. Learning German at the moment. I am applying to USG, Esade and Mannheim. Chances of USG look bleak due to my low GPA, I don't know if my Swiss residency or work experience would count as an asset though. What is your profile?

P.S. A Statement of Purpose or Letter of Recommendations (the portal only says that these are needed for the Masters in Economics course) are not required for the MMM?

With 700 GMAT, you have a decent chance at HSG as well. I have an MBF admit. No LOR or SOP are required for MMM. I think since you are an Indian citizen currently residing in Switzerland, you'll be treated as an Indian (which increases your chances as HSG wants diversity)

ohh okay. Well, I hope so! St. Gallen would be ideal for me, especially because I already have a work permit (which aren't easy to hold on to, over here...), even though the MMM would be far, far cheaper. Good luck with deciding between USG and MMM. Maybe I'll see you in St. Gallen this September! :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi Guys i'm a last minute applicant, I just wanted to ask you two important questions:

1. looking at my application form, page 1 on the the top right says to indicate "date of entry, comments". Could you please clarify for me what I should write within this box?

2. Catalogue of modules. The official website of my faculty does not contain an English version of my study plan. However, the English version of the official transcript of records does contain a list of all the subjects I completed and also provides with a description of the fields my degree covered with the respective amount of credits. Do you think it's enough to create a pdf document with this info?

My profile: 22year-old Italian, GMAT 720, GPA 3.65
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
Glad to see so many responses on my post. My documents have reached and now I am waiting for the result! I have an average GPA 3.08 and a decent GMAT 670 plus three years of work experience under my belt. However, I am slightly worried about my chances because out of the 3/15 for extra curricular/work experience/semester abroad, 2.2 are for semester abroad. I do not have a semester abroad and I hope that does not knock me out. I am from Pakistan, so I hope that favors me towards bringing diversity =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mohsinak,
My documents also arrived to Mannheim Uni. Also your status now is "Are documents complete?"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep. My documents reached in last week of May.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looking in the online application process (Onlinebewerbung->Log in->Status) everybody still in the "Assessment of documents" phase?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not sure about others, but mine is at "Assessment of documents". Since they do not have rolling admission, I think the status changes for everyone at the same time - maybe, once each phase for all applicants is done.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
my status changed to notification of decisions...havent received any emails tho....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mine changed to "notification of decision" as well. And a bunch of guys from my university told me theirs changed as well. We also didn't get any e-mail. I guess they'll proceed with the postal notifications first and then they'll notify via e-mails. I think it won't take more than a week, depending on the number of applications they receveid. Good luck to everybody!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think they might not have started the notifications yet as it is on yellow. I opted for electronic decision and I am hoping it will be sent out once the status turns green.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone get a decision? I know of two students who applied to German/English track who got in..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody, I receveid yday evening the letter of admission to the MMM. The decision was displayed in the section Application Managemnt-> Download the decision along with the other documents to submit for the enrollment. I hope everyone else got in and we'll meet in Mannheim soon. Good luck to all of you for the application. Let me know!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations! I got in too. Best of luck to others.

Join the fb page of MMM 2012/13

https://www.facebook.com/groups/302474473135975/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to MMM this year. However, I wanted to know about the experience of any one who is currently taking the MMM program. How is the academic experience so far? Life in general? I tried to contact the Advising Department at Mannheim but have not received a response. Would be glad if someone can help out.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts