Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HBS 2+2 2014 - Calling All Applicants (Class of 2016) [#permalink]
I submitted at the last minute... Thank you for your reply! this is just so nerve-wrecking haha.
are you also waiting for the invite? and Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I also submitted like right at the deadline and have not heard back yet. In a blog post a few months back the director said they were expecting a lot of 2+2 apps in r3. keep hope alive, as I am trying to do as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
swagon1000 wrote:
I also submitted like right at the deadline and have not heard back yet. In a blog post a few months back the director said they were expecting a lot of 2+2 apps in r3. keep hope alive, as I am trying to do as well.

LOL...in that case, I am sure they may be reading apps that came in earlier.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I have been monitoring this board for the past few days and the wait to hear back is driving me crazy. Thank goodness there are others out there going insane like myself. I applied R3 and submitted everything at the very last minute, so I am hoping that my application has not been read yet either. Do you guys think that they process everything chronologically so that people who submitted late are still getting reviewed? Also, does anyone know what are the statistics so far on R3 invites for this year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think the dean said on her blog that its not alphabetical order or the time of submitting the app, however who knows..
I'm just hoping that they haven't reviewed mine because I handed in a few hours before the deadline.

Do you guys know if any of 2+2 candidate got an invitation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
max257 wrote:
I think the dean said on her blog that its not alphabetical order or the time of submitting the app, however who knows..
I'm just hoping that they haven't reviewed mine because I handed in a few hours before the deadline.

Do you guys know if any of 2+2 candidate got an invitation?

So far invites for this round seems to be very small according to other forums, but that could just mean that candidates who were invited are not on these forum...
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
#HBS 2+2 +X program --many 2+2 students don't show up in 2, half of 1st calss took 3+, and other tweaks to 2+2, Crmison https://t.co/9Hsocb5B
OUR LATEST POETS & QUANTS HANDICAPPING FEATURE.

https://poetsandquants.com/2012/05/11/wh ... etting-in/

What Are Your Chances Of Getting In

He’s a 21-year-old Vietnamese entrepreneur who has done summer stints at Boston Consulting Group and Google and is now finishing up his undergraduate degree in business at UC-Berkeley. He launched a small shot glass manufacturing business last year and wonders if he is a good candidate for Harvard Business School’s 2+2 program for undergrad applicants.
What these would-be MBA candidates share in common is the goal to get into one of the world’s best business schools. Do they have the raw stats and experience to get in? Or will they get dinged by their dream schools?

Sanford “Sandy” Kreisberg, founder of MBA admissions consulting firm HBSGuru.com, is back again to analyze these and a few other profiles of actual MBA applicants who have shared their vital statistics with Poets&Quants.

As usual, Kreisberg handicaps each potential applicant’s odds of getting into a top-ranked business school. If you include your own stats and characteristics in the comments, we’ll pick a few more and have Kreisberg assess your chances in a follow-up feature.

FOR MY ANALYIS OF ALL THESE CASES, SEE
https://poetsandquants.com/2012/05/11/wh ... etting-in/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q156 V168
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I'm innnnn! Round 3 :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 04-14-2012
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Haven't seen any posts from you before, X.

What are your stats, if I might ask? Any recs for the rest of us?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q156 V168
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Bookmarks
No problem JD, been busy with school, moving and round 3 has such a short turnaround time. But here it is!

School: Top 5 engineering
Major: top 3
GPA: 3.75, 3.88, 3.91, 3.94, 3.95 (progression by semester)
Gre: 157 v 168 q 4.5 w
GMAT: took it once, felt like I bombed it so cancelled score...lol
Other: male 21 Asian

Work experience: manufacturing internship with a blue chip company, government internship, ta and ra in school.

Entrepreneurship: started own company for about a year now

Awards: big scholarship at school, outstanding senior within major, big research award at school

Rec letters: advisor to my start up and senior design professor. Both know me very well.

After college: management consulting.

Interview on 5/10. Asked a lot about manufacturing internship, senior design, my start up. Went by really fast. I had some interview prep help from a couple folks at Mbb who were 2+2.

My advice: I think my start up experience really helped me out. To them, i was probably the nerdy Entrepreneur, which I heard is the biggest group they are trying to bring in. Harvard DEFINITELY looks at gpa over GMAT/gre. Love to see gpa increase over the course of college career. once you get the interview, make sure you have a good story on why MBA and how 2+2 will make a difference. Harvard is looking for smart, humble and passionate people to change the world and you have to be able to convey that.

Sorry for typos and short sentences. no Internet since i just moved so I'm on my iPhone. Lol. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q52 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
awesome. thanks for posting.

i'm doing regular application but really helpful to read advice from applicants of ANY round.
Our latest What are My Odds? Movie mogul, 2+2, Eagle Scout, 2.89 GPA and Israeli spy. --2+2 stats and rap on Stan 2+2 https://t.co/ysudrRqV
Re: HBS 2+2 Class of 2016 (Entering 2014) [#permalink]
hbsguru wrote:
FOR ALL 2+2 INTERVIEW INVITE KIDS. FYI.
THESE ARE FROM YEARS PAST, AND I DONT EXPECT THEM TO CHANGE. Hi Sandy

My interview (for 2+2) was ----. Shes really nice and welcoming!

Questions:

a) How is your summer going?
b) What do you do at work?
c) Are these your own projects or did you become a part of something that was ongoing?
d) What is your dream job?
e) Questions about my boss and his companies (business model)
f) Why 2+2?
g) What risks does 2+2 allow you to take? Give an example of a risk
h) Strengths
i) Weaknesses
j) A misconception about you that people get when they first meet you?
k) A product that you admire?
l) Tell me something about yourself that will surprise me?
m) Anything else?
=============

hbsguru wrote:
HBS 2+2 MOCK INTERVIEWS
https://hbsguru.com/2+2Interviews.html
I DO A LOT OF THEM:

Since the 2+2 program began, HBS has probably interviewed close to 450-500 2+2 candidates in total and I have done mock interviews with close to 20 of them --and that is just the 2+2 program.

Last year, for its regular admission cycle, HBS interviewed 1800 people--I gave mock interviews to over 100 of those 1800 people.

I really know how to do this, read testimonials RIGHT AT BOTTOM HERE
https://hbsguru.com/2+2Interviews.html

Over the past 10 years, I have probably done over 600 HBS mock interviews. My knowledge of how to prepare you for an HBS mock interview is based on those experiences.

I KNOW QUESTIONS TYPICALLY ASKED TO 2+2 CANDIDATES, BOTH US AND INTERNATIONAL--THOSE WHO ARE LIBERAL ARTS MAJORS, SOCIAL SCIENCE MAJORS, AND SCIENCE MAJORS.

1.I know typical HBS questions often asked to 2+2 candidates with summer work experience as investment bankers, venture capital and hedge fund associates, medical and lab researchers, non-profit interns, Washington interns, Obama interns, McCain interns, Palin nannies and sled dog wranglers, interns at Fortune 500 companies, interns at start-ups and kids who started their own companies.
2.I know how to help you formulate your core story in ways which can be applied to many questions.
3.I can predict trouble areas in your application and help you come up with talking points to deal with them.
4.I can sense what your particular needs are in terms of presentation, for example, if you don't get to the point soon enough (a possibly fatal habit) or if you appear too aggressive or too arrogant or confident in the wrong way for often thin-skinned (and just plain thin) HBS interviewers (some of whom are predisposed not to like bankers).
5.I can help you create a back story for your goals which creates a solid platform for Why MBA, Why HBS?
6.can help you prepare a strong answer to the question "Why should we take you?" This questions is often asked in several forms:
◦"What can YOU contribute to case method discussion based on background and experience?"
◦"How will your classmates remember you?"
◦"How have you grown as a leader?"
7.I can calm you down, although that will not be the first thing that happens.
8.I can help you formulate answers to 'ice-breaker' questions such as:
◦"I already know you from your application, just tell me what you think the three defining moments in your life are?"
◦"Pretend I have not read your application and I just met you. Tell me who you are, what you've done, and where you want to be 15 years?"
9.I can help prepare you to face such recently popular questions as:
◦"What is one thing that is not immediately apparent about you to others?"
◦"How would your friends describe you?"
◦"How has the financial crisis impacted you, your friends, your industry and your goals?"
THE PROCESS:THE MOCK INTERVIEW IS DONE BY PHONE.
If you want a mock HBS interview, send me an email to hbsguru.com, telling me when your interview is, what time zone you are in, what days and times are good for you, and attaching a resume. I will reply back w. dates and times, etc. Then you send me a pdf of your HBS application and we set up a time for the interview. Mock interviews take about 60-70 minutes. The price is $350.00 dollars USD. You pay me when we speak and do the interview.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24