Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
sanjuro9 wrote:
invited. :)
first preference to interview in person at NYC. buda, aren't you around NYC? would be great to meet you and others.

congratulations to everyone who got an invite and best of luck to those still waiting. coolwolf15, we are glad that you finally decided to post. :)

there you are - i was worried for a while there!!! and no, why would i be in NYC, i am from india!

yes, congratulations to everyone who got an invite.

Keeping with Oxford's 800-yr history, I will say: "Hold your cheers, my lads. The war, though well-fought and hard-won, is not over."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Also received an invite. Thank god all the waiting is finally over! Congrats to all of you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.89
WE:Research (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi guys, new member here..
congrats to all invitees! Thank God I also got one today. I'm planning to mine in person in nyc,
would love to connect with you all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lets do a headcount here - coolwolf15, sanjuro9, nominomi, lastroundapplicant, hellopanda and me!

awesome..congratulations to all!

so how is everyone going to prepare? i'll probably go back and re-read my essays, CV and other entries, anticipating questions on why this, why that..although i will admit, i am still a little heady from the news last night!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
first preference to interview in person at NYC. buda, aren't you around NYC? would be great to meet you and others.

congratulations to everyone who got an invite and best of luck to those still waiting. coolwolf15, we are glad that you finally decided to post. :)

Hi Sanjuro9, i'm quite shy to post you know ... :). It's torturing me to decide to go to Oxford for interview or not since I was there just about 1 month ago ...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
lets do a headcount here - coolwolf15, sanjuro9, nominomi, lastroundapplicant, hellopanda and me!

awesome..congratulations to all!

so how is everyone going to prepare? i'll probably go back and re-read my essays, CV and other entries, anticipating questions on why this, why that..although i will admit, i am still a little heady from the news last night!

My most challenging is to reduce my talking speed, I tend to speak really really fast when got excited :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, got an invite...

Am I right in thinking the only interview days should you wish to visit Oxford are Monday 21st and Friday 25th May?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1218 [0]
Schools:cambridge, oxford
Send PM
pritzwalk wrote:
Hi, got an invite...

Am I right in thinking the only interview days should you wish to visit Oxford are Monday 21st and Friday 25th May?

Thanks

Hi

I am new here. I got an invite too, yes I think those were the dates I got. I will be at Oxford on the 21st of May. Is anyone going to be there - would be nice to catch up.

Any tips on the interview would be awesome too.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey, got a question for everyone. This is about choosing a date for the interview from the options given. The first interview date is on the 21st and the last is on the 28th.

I can totally guess why choosing a later date for the interview can help. More time to prep. But is there any benefit to choosing an earlier date?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Send PM
coolwolf15 wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Hi Sanjuro9, i'm quite shy to post you know ... :). It's torturing me to decide to go to Oxford for interview or not since I was there just about 1 month ago ...

If you are around London, definitely make a trip over to Oxfordshire. Not only you will be able to demonstrate your interest in the school/program, but also you will be able to adapt your speaking based on body language and so on of interviewer. Of course, if you are continents away, it just might be too inconvenient to make a trip on such a short notice and the adcom understands this.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
Hey, got a question for everyone. This is about choosing a date for the interview from the options given. The first interview date is on the 21st and the last is on the 28th.

I can totally guess why choosing a later date for the interview can help. More time to prep. But is there any benefit to choosing an earlier date?

My first choice is earliest available one. One I will be done with it. Two, if there is some cataclysmic event that prevents me from getting to my first interview date, then hopefully I will have time to request for another.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great to see many new faces (well, figuratively speaking) on the thread. The only one I haven't heard from is CountOlaf!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
Hi,

I am still confused on career opportunities for Indians studying at Said. I have heard that most Indians tend to come back to India for jobs. as its quite tough to get a job in UK due to Visa issues, language restrictions etc.

Can any of the current Indian students comment on this.

Thx.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
harh12 wrote:
Hi,

I am still confused on career opportunities for Indians studying at Said. I have heard that most Indians tend to come back to India for jobs. as its quite tough to get a job in UK due to Visa issues, language restrictions etc.

Thx.

Even I have heard this. Well, I was quite worried about this too while I was preparing for the GMAT earlier this year but I put off this question for later. And I think I will still wait to actually get a final accept before exploring the question ;-)!!!

But there are a couple of additional questions you want to ask. Which year was this most pronounced. Was it around 2009-10, during the recession when jobs were scarce throughout all bschools. If it was after, then was it limited to Oxford alone. Because I have heard the same thing about LBS too. The situation may actually be worse in LBS because of the significantly higher debt. And, if Indians came back because of the visa situation, hasn't that affected all UK b-schools. Then there is the concern: what has stopped people from exploring other than UK and India for post-MBA jobs. Surely, not all jobs offered on campus were UK-based. In fact, there are clear statistics on the website. Also, scholarships. Have you checked if the people who came back had scholarships that made it mandatory to come back. Finally, performance. If you don't perform at bschool or don't do a great enough job search, you might not get a great job, Indian or not.

Trust me, even I want to hear from someone who has a holistic view. But, for me, Oxford Said continues to be a good call.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
harh12 wrote:
Hi,

Thx.

Even I have heard this. Well, I was quite worried about this too while I was preparing for the GMAT earlier this year but I put off this question for later. And I think I will still wait to actually get a final accept before exploring the question ;-)!!!

But there are a couple of additional questions you want to ask. Which year was this most pronounced. Was it around 2009-10, during the recession when jobs were scarce throughout all bschools. If it was after, then was it limited to Oxford alone. Because I have heard the same thing about LBS too. The situation may actually be worse in LBS because of the significantly higher debt. And, if Indians came back because of the visa situation, hasn't that affected all UK b-schools. Then there is the concern: what has stopped people from exploring other than UK and India for post-MBA jobs. Surely, not all jobs offered on campus were UK-based. In fact, there are clear statistics on the website. Also, scholarships. Have you checked if the people who came back had scholarships that made it mandatory to come back. Finally, performance. If you don't perform at bschool or don't do a great enough job search, you might not get a great job, Indian or not.

Trust me, even I want to hear from someone who has a holistic view. But, for me, Oxford Said continues to be a good call.

Good points. I wouldnt do the LBS Vs Oxford comparison as it dilutes the whole argument on whats the job outlook for Indian students post Oxford. The schos which require students to come back are very few... and so i will discount that data... performance during course matters...but lets face it its a 1 year course and if one doesnt screw up significantly then I am sure all factors remaining same it all boils down to post mba work exp, job situation, visa, and language issues. i will be int. to know what kind of jobs and sal. people get in India if they return back.

Lets hope that someone sees this in this forum and posts a candid reply.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody receive acknowledgement for the interview preferences?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1218 [0]
Schools:cambridge, oxford
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
Anybody receive acknowledgement for the interview preferences?

Hi Buda,

I did, but I am interviewing at Oxford, so perhaps its easier to confirm. I am interviewing on the 21st, will share my experience soon after.

Shamanth
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts