Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
mattapraveen wrote:
Hi Camille,

I am planning to apply to the INSEAD 2013 Jan MBA programme. My question is with regards to the GMAT score. Unfortunately I have a mixed GMAT scores as follows: 660-Q49/V-31 & 690-Q46/V-38. I have heard from many sources that INSEAD takes the best of all the individual section GMAT scores. So it it right in assuming that INSEAD would consider my GMAT score as Q49/V38? Or, it that INSEAD takes into account only the latest score?

Please advice.

Praveen

Hi Praveen,
If a candidate has taken the GMAT twice and on the first test obtained a satisfactory percentile on one part of the test (eg above 70th percentile on quant) but a low percentile on the other part of the test (eg below 70th percentile on verbal) and vice versa on the second test (eg low quant score and high verbal score), we may consider that they have reached a sufficient level overall provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. It is however preferable to see the higher scores on the same test.
So yes, we'll consider your score as Q49/V38.

Camille
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
INSEADadmissions wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:
Hi Camille,

I am planning to apply to the INSEAD 2013 Jan MBA programme. My question is with regards to the GMAT score. Unfortunately I have a mixed GMAT scores as follows: 660-Q49/V-31 & 690-Q46/V-38. I have heard from many sources that INSEAD takes the best of all the individual section GMAT scores. So it it right in assuming that INSEAD would consider my GMAT score as Q49/V38? Or, it that INSEAD takes into account only the latest score?

Please advice.

Praveen

Hi Praveen,
If a candidate has taken the GMAT twice and on the first test obtained a satisfactory percentile on one part of the test (eg above 70th percentile on quant) but a low percentile on the other part of the test (eg below 70th percentile on verbal) and vice versa on the second test (eg low quant score and high verbal score), we may consider that they have reached a sufficient level overall provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. It is however preferable to see the higher scores on the same test.
So yes, we'll consider your score as Q49/V38.

Camille

Thanks Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-30-2012
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

I have a question on the employment stats link that you posted. Could you elaborate on the companies in the "travel/leisure services" category and the job titles/description of the students?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT Date: 03-29-2014
GPA: 1
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Dear Camille,

I have a very unique question.

I spent 3 years of engineering in India and took a transfer to University of Surrey for the last year and graduated with first class honours ( Top 5% of my class)

My problem is that I can't produce the transcripts for my first 3 years as my previous university will not provide it - as far as they are concerned, I didnt finish my degree and left them after 3 years.

Should that and will that affect my chances? All the schools seem to require all the transcripts.
I have an overall good academic record.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Camille,

I would like your input in regards to the TOEFL requirements.

I've done the TOEFL, however due to a low score at the speaking section my total was only 103.
(Reading 30; Listening 26; Speaking 20; Writing 27).

So when I retake the exam, does INSEAD recommends that I retake all sections or can I just do the speaking and add up the 4 sections higher scores when applying?

Thanks in advance!
Send PM
AshShukla wrote:
Dear Camille,

I have a very unique question.

I spent 3 years of engineering in India and took a transfer to University of Surrey for the last year and graduated with first class honours ( Top 5% of my class)

My problem is that I can't produce the transcripts for my first 3 years as my previous university will not provide it - as far as they are concerned, I didnt finish my degree and left them after 3 years.

Should that and will that affect my chances? All the schools seem to require all the transcripts.
I have an overall good academic record.

Thanks

Hi AshShukla,

I wanted to double check before giving you an answer :-)
So, good news! Just send us what you have: i.e. your final Diploma from University of Surrey where I suppose we'll be able to see your level (bachelor, master....)
That will be perfect and enough. This will not affect your chances at all.

Best of luck with the application process!
Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
DanielC wrote:
Hi Camille,

I would like your input in regards to the TOEFL requirements.

I've done the TOEFL, however due to a low score at the speaking section my total was only 103.
(Reading 30; Listening 26; Speaking 20; Writing 27).

So when I retake the exam, does INSEAD recommends that I retake all sections or can I just do the speaking and add up the 4 sections higher scores when applying?

Thanks in advance!

Hi DanielC,

You have to retake all 4 sections of the TOEFL. We will only look at your overall score and it must be 105 minimum. You're almost there! Best of luck!

Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
sravanth wrote:
Hello,

With a score of 670 (Q 50, V 30), do I stand a chance for my dream school INSEAD?

My Undergrad GPA = 3.6
Masters in Computer Science, USA; GPA = 3.9
International Work Experience = 4 years

Hi sravanth,
It is impossible for me to give you an answer with those 3 components! All applicants are assessed thouroughly in a wide range of criteria. Your GMAT score and GPA is only one small fraction of your profile. I invite you to read other posts on this forum, as some similar concerns have been raised and addressed. Maybe you could also check out the admission page on INSEAD's website: https://mba.insead.edu/admissions/criteria.cfm
You really have to understand that we are looking for individuals. Everything is linked together, age, GMAT, working experience, international experience etc... no one criteria is more important than the other and you will not be disqualified because of one criteria only (except for proof of English exam, you will be disqualified if you don't have the minimum required - see our Language Policy for more details on this https://mba-aol.insead.edu/documents/languages/language_policy.pdf).

Have a great day,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
great ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Send PM
sravanth wrote:
Hello,

While giving my GMAT exam couple of days ago, I couldn't spot 'INSEAD' among the list of the schools. I looked under "Singapore" with alphabet 'I'. Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thank you!

Hi Sravanth,

This is really odd, and maybe someone else on the forum can help you with this... But for anyone out-there who may experience the same difficulties to find INSEAD in the B-Scchool list of the GMAT here is our full-time MBA code:
DL3-S8-89 MBA, full-time

Hope this helps :-)
Cheers
Camille
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
sravanth wrote:
Hello,

While giving my GMAT exam couple of days ago, I couldn't spot 'INSEAD' among the list of the schools. I looked under "Singapore" with alphabet 'I'. Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thank you!

Hi. I think INSEAD is under France, not Singapore. I had the same problem, then I changed countries and I could see it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello ,

I want to pursue a 1-year Full time MBA. The goal is to climb up the corporate ladder. I am doing well in my job but I think a MBA from a reputed school will help achieve my dreams of becoming an executive in a Fortune 10 company. Iam interested in IMD, INSEAD and the 1 year program at Kellogg. Please evaluate my profile. Thanks for your help.

GMAT: 650 Q48, V32
Female, 35 Years old
Citizenship: India, Living in US since 2003
Educational Background: Bachelors in Electronics and Communication, India
Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering, US
(Recipient of full scholarship for the 2 year Master of Science program.)

Work Experience: 12 Years in Semiconductor and Automotive Industry.
Job Profiles: Software Engineer, Supplier and Sub-contract Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager.

Work Experience Details:
2000-2003
-- Worked as a software and design engineer in leading Semiconductor Company.
2003-2005
-- Worked as a graduate research assistant while pursuing my Masters.
2005 -2011
-- After my graduation I started working with a leading Tier-1 Automotive supplier. In the six years with the company I progressed from a lead Engineer to Supplier and Sub-Contract Manager to Project Manager.
2011- Current
-- Working as a Program Manager for a leading American Car Manufacturer.

-- International experience:
- Two expat assignments to Germany and India.
- Travelled extensively on work to Europe and Asia.
- Worked very closely with internal teams and suppliers based out of China, Mexico, India, Poland, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Korea and Japan.

-- Extra Curricular:
- Mentor at the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Volunteer at Akshara, a Literacy mission.
- Volunteer at the Indy 500 Marathon.
- Tutoring underprivileged kids.
- Volunteer at Gleaners Food bank and Soup kitchen.

Thanks for reading. Your inputs, feedback and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
-YogaGirl
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Dear INSEADadmissions,

When should prospective candidates, who submitted applications in the first round of the January intake, expect to start receiving interview invite notifications?

Thanks.
Send PM
Quote:
Hi. I think INSEAD is under France, not Singapore. I had the same problem, then I changed countries and I could see it.

Thank you for your post! +1

Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V156
GPA: 3.51
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Inseadmission

Thanks for your time.

I'm wondering if you arrange interviews via phone or Skype. I'm now working in South Sudan, and probably it might be difficult to arrange alumni interviews in this country, and I probably cannot attend interviews in other countries.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by tahirfinn on 11 May 2012, 12:43.
Last edited by tahirfinn on 14 May 2012, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
peco wrote:
Dear INSEADadmissions,

When should prospective candidates, who submitted applications in the first round of the January intake, expect to start receiving interview invite notifications?

Thanks.

Hi Peco,

Interview decision deadline is May 18th for Round 1 applicants. So you should have your reply by this week Friday evening (France time) latest.
Best of luck, only a few days left!!!

Regards,
camille
Send PM
lufengtahir wrote:
Hi Inseadmission

Thanks for your time.

I'm wondering if you arrange interviews via phone or Skype. I'm now working in South Sudan, and probably it might be difficult to arrange alumni interviews in this country, and I probably cannot attend interviews in other countries.

Thanks again.

Hi lufengtahir,

In your case, if you are selected for an interview, you have to be prepared to travel at least to a neighboring country. The admission department will try to accommodate your wishes as much as possible and we could propose you to go to Egypt or Kenya... but skype interviews are not acceptable, i'm afraid.
We are flexible with interview locations as long as candidates give us enough time notice and are managed on a case by case basis.

Best,
Camille
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts