Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
riskylvrg wrote:
Here is on marginal chances of admission in R3 from WL thread:

It is worth considering the fact that last year they have extended offers to ~918 students. Given that there are always less students who pay the deposit than there are students who get the offer, 700 deposits might actually mean 900+ offers, which decreases our chances dramatically. I think the majority of WL applicants will be re-waitlisted on the 16th and will get the decision on June 1 and June 31, when R1 and R2 final deposits ($1000) are due and maybe just a few (5-10 students) when the tuition is due in full late summer.

And given there are ~700 students in the directory after the R2 deposit deadline - chances of us WL getting in are probably marginal at best - seems that Booth's yield went up this year.

Here is from an earlier post: Actually, Boothie2014's statistics are not completely accurate. I see the 781 incoming students in the directory, but that number includes about 320 R1 Admits who were in the database following the R1 deposit deadline. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe there were around 500 R1 admits (+/- 10-15) prior to the deposit deadline. So, the R1 yield was right around 65% and about 180 R1 Admits did not place a deposit. This means there were approx. 460 R2 Admits (incl. those accepted from the R1 waitlist). Assuming a 60% yield in R2, 596 seats are spoken for between R1 and R2. This paints a very different picture of the remaining number of spots for R3 applicants and current waitlisters.

R1 paid the first deposit (320 students out of 500 admits), R2 paid the deposit (380 students out of 460 admits). Higher yield in R2 makes sence since a portion of R2s were either 1) looking for a better deal than their R1 or 2) trying to secure A school after dings in their top choices in R1. I would prob be waiting for June 1st when some of the current admits decide to do something else. However, with over 700 students on the roster it's hard to imagine that it would add a lot of room for us WL-ers. Better to get adequately prepped to R1 class 2013.

Let us know if you find any new info!

Hi,
Thanks for the information.
Are you sure about the numbers? 780 is the number of offers or the number of paid deposits? (it make more sense to me that it is the number of offers, not deposits).
According to BW the final yield is around 63% (not the 1st deposit yield) and they have just 580 seats a year (=920 offers in total).
I find it hard to believe that they won't extend any offers for r2 WL or r3.
In my communications with the admission team, I sensed that they take r3 very serious, much more than other top schools, and I am sure that they will extend some offers. I know the chances are not high but they exist. I believe that people that were invited to interviews on r3 have a real chance (I believe that more or less 30% of the people being interviewed will get an offer).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
One of the admitted students looked up the directory and quoted ~700 admits from R1 and R2 who paid the deposits. Granted, quite a few of R1 admits who paid the deposit (320 students) might decide not to attend, but still, ~700 deposits sounds like a lot to me.

I am definitely not claiming anything, I'd like to find out what are our chances to get admitted myself, but that's what the numbers are.

Still 30% acceptance rate in R3 sounds really high...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
One of the admitted students looked up the directory and quoted ~700 admits from R1 and R2 who paid the deposits. Granted, quite a few of R1 admits who paid the deposit (320 students) might decide not to attend, but still, ~700 deposits sounds like a lot to me.

I am definitely not claiming anything, I'd like to find out what are our chances to get admitted myself, but that's what the numbers are.

Still 30% acceptance rate in R3 sounds really high...

Hi
I meant 30% from those who gets interview... not from the applicants pool of round 3 (then it will probably be much more closer to 10-15%).
Thank you for the information and good luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
The ~700 incoming students quoted from the directory includes all admits, regardless of program. So the ~700 number can't be used for the full-time R3 estimates since it includes Evening, Part-Time, and Executive MBA Admits.

That explains why that number is so much higher than Chicago's target full-time class of ~550.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
GeneralHans wrote:
The ~700 incoming students quoted from the directory includes all admits, regardless of program. So the ~700 number can't be used for the full-time R3 estimates since it includes Evening, Part-Time, and Executive MBA Admits.

That explains why that number is so much higher than Chicago's target full-time class of ~550.

nah, the ~700 number is only for full time. The number including evening, part-time, executive MBA admits is over 1100 (go look in the directory yourself at the bottom corner).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
woggy987 wrote:
GeneralHans wrote:

nah, the ~700 number is only for full time. The number including evening, part-time, executive MBA admits is over 1100 (go look in the directory yourself at the bottom corner).

Thanks for the correction, I was working off a false assumption. :) Last time I looked at the directory was January.

Congrats on all the admits ... which school are you going to pick?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GeneralHans wrote:
woggy987 wrote:

Thanks for the correction, I was working off a false assumption. :) Last time I looked at the directory was January.

Congrats on all the admits ... which school are you going to pick?

I'll see you in the fall GeneralHans!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
For R2 waitlisters who had someone submit an additional letter of recommendation. Did you receive a notification from Adcom that the letter was added to your file? Or can you see it on the system when you login? Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
My recommender received a confirmation e-mail from Booth. I did not receive a confirmation e-mail, and it does not appear on the website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Wanted to wish all R3 and WL good luck today and I really hope you will get a phone call today from Chicago !
You have been a great help to me during the process and also inspired me.

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Good morning and good luck today!!!
Fingers crossed~
Intern
Intern
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Terribly quiet :|
Is it decison day today? :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
daineEE wrote:
Terribly quiet :|
Is it decison day today? :roll:

According to last year, it only started at 1530-1545 Chicago time, so we still have one more hour to go...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
A few R2 waitlisters have received the call
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any international R3 students admitted? I know are chances are slim but ...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I got the call at 14:29 Chicago time from Bryce. R3 international applicant living in Chicago. So excited, especially after the ding from Kellogg yesterday.
Good luck to all you guys out there, I hope things work out!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations kdn.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  111   112   113   114   115  ...  117   
Moderators: