Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.89
WE:Research (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
My interview is confirmed for Tue, May 22nd in NYC..anyone going to interview on the same day?
Btw, there is a good interview report on clear admit wiki for Said, I find it very helpful.
I can't post the link here because I'm still a new member (need to post >5 times before posting link..weird rule..) just google it
Anyways, appreciate if you all can share your interview experiences here. I'll let u all know when I'm done on the 22nd :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
I will be in NYC for a Monday AM interview. I don't plan on having a nametag that says "Hi! My name is Sanjuro9" :).. if you any of you guys are interviewing in NYC on Monday, please send me a PM and we can meetup.

good luck for your interviews. Question for the Indian applicants: how did you send your original undergraduate transcripts? Or were you requested to bring originals to the interview?

A note to the earlier discussion on job/visa situation in UK. I am actually looking to do the reverse. That is, I am concerned whether I would be able to find the job I want in India or another south east Asian country after mba.

good luck to you all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
I will be in NYC for a Monday AM interview. I don't plan on having a nametag that says "Hi! My name is Sanjuro9" :).. if you any of you guys are interviewing in NYC on Monday, please send me a PM and we can meetup.

good luck for your interviews. Question for the Indian applicants: how did you send your original undergraduate transcripts? Or were you requested to bring originals to the interview?

A note to the earlier discussion on job/visa situation in UK. I am actually looking to do the reverse. That is, I am concerned whether I would be able to find the job I want in India or another south east Asian country after mba.

good luck to you all.

Lol! Haha! A name tag with our GMAT club ids would be too funny!

And yeah, I will be couriering all my transcripts to Oxford today. Darn dangerous. But oh well. Didn't they ask for scans as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
budablasta wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

good luck to you all.

Lol! Haha! A name tag with our GMAT club ids would be too funny!

And yeah, I will be couriering all my transcripts to Oxford today. Darn dangerous. But oh well. Didn't they ask for scans as well.

Posted from my mobile device

buda, i know how Indian marksheets and certificates look like. i went to school in india. if by transcript you mean the originals of that, i would suggest you check with admissions office before sending originals. they may be satisfied with notarized (i forgot the equivalent term in india, where a official from school or a practicing lawyer certifies your copies). you may have difficulty getting your originals back and if any chance they are lost, it would be a huge pain getting them replaced.

if you do end up finding out, let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:

good luck to you all.

You can send an attested copy ( or notarized copy ) of the transcripts. I did the same.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
KIRANR9P wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

good luck to you all.

You can send an attested copy ( or notarized copy ) of the transcripts. I did the same.

Hi there,
I checked with the Admin, they actually admit the certified copies. You guys no need to send them the original copies actually. It's really weird to send the original transcript to them also.

In India, I'm not quite sure how you can get the certified copies, may be you guys can check with the Admins for better tips.

In Singapore, I can request my uni to send it over me. But recently, don't know why my name not in the uni system, got some trouble with retrieve the database. Properly b/c I change passport then :). Still struggle to get them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@sanjuro, @kiran, @coolwolf

Actually sending my precious originals went against every bit of common sense. I had been looking to ask adcom about it. So, yeah, thanks all for your timely advice! I'll be xeroxing my transcripts and notarizing them through a gazette officer and sending over!

Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,
New member here...

Landed up in this thread today and was pretty delighted to see R3 applicants with interview calls. Finally feels like the right place to connect with similar apprehensions and queries.

Was wondering how many seats are tentatively left for R3 ??. The last round seem pretty tight in almost all places..

Good luck to everyone!

Will definitely stay tuned ..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
believer12 wrote:
Hi all,
New member here...

Landed up in this thread today and was pretty delighted to see R3 applicants with interview calls. Finally feels like the right place to connect with similar apprehensions and queries.

Was wondering how many seats are tentatively left for R3 ??. The last round seem pretty tight in almost all places..

Good luck to everyone!

Will definitely stay tuned ..

Hi believer, welcome and congratulations on your first post at GMATclub!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks Buda. Feels great!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hey all, how's prep going
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi.. I am new in here. First Post. Applied to Said and Judge in the last rounds. Dinged in Judge. Invited for interview in Said. Interview on 25th at Oxford itself. Fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All

I am a new member here..I too got an interview invite and have my Skype interview on May 24...

Lets hope that we all are classmates very soon. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I interviews start today. All the best folks..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GPA: 3.89
WE:Research (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Good luck anilIndia!! All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Kudos
Hi All,

got done with interview last night... surprisingly the interview slot was only for 30mins.. not sure if that is standard for Said Interviews or whether the interviewer was in a hurry.... the questions were pretty much standard (why MBA, why Now, Why Said, what you bring to the class etc etc).... the interviewer was quite pleasant to interact with and was very understanding considering the video on skype didnt work through most part of the interview....

i guess now the wait begins...

anyone else to share their interview experience ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts