Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT Date: 08-15-2012
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: 740...mixed feelings [#permalink]
Kudos
AbhiJ wrote:
How do you suggest using GMAT Prep Verbal Question collection so that GMAT Prep Questions are not affected.

Let me put it this way........

What will you gain by saving your GMATprep right till the very end?
Either you will get a score somewhere around your expectations that will boost your confidence
OR you will get a score that will dampen your morale right before the exam.......which will do more harm than good.

I personally believe that just to get an estimation of your score before the real exam....people miss out on the opportunity to study these wonderful official questions. I would rather suggest that you give your gmatprep around 20 days before your exam....when you are done with your theory and concepts.

After which, you should focus on these official questions. These questions are the best prep material you can get. They cover almost 99% of the concepts tested on the GMAT. You do them thoroughly and I can guarantee that you will come out with flying colors.

This is just my point of view. Others may not agree. In the end, do whatever you feel is best for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Just received my AWA.......

got 4.5......I'm happy considering that I almost screwed it up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Congratulations buddy!

That is a great score. I took the gmat on the same day as you did. I got 720. Initially my thoughts were similar to yours where I felt like I left some points on the table. After couple of days to think about the big picture, I finally settled with the feeling of content. I reviewed at all the remaining steps in an MBA application process and saw that Gmat is about 10-20%. I need to work on so many other things that I felt like I need all the time in the world between now and deadlines.
In addition, this test can turn into obsession -- at all score levels, the test taker will always have a feeling "I could have done better. I could get couple more questions correct." Even if we muster everything we have to score higher, there is no guarantee that something else that is beyond our control will fall in place.

Personally, I think your score is very good. I understand your feelings, looking at your practice test scores. But I feel our time and resources will be best used in focusing on school research and applications. It's time to refocus and not to slow down.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
I totally agree with you man. We are never satisfied. There are so many things that could have gone wrong & inspite of that I managed to get a respectable score, which makes me eligible at the top schools. Now even imagining of going through the process of giving a re-exam is a nightmare.

And also I felt bad that my cynicism can be such a demotivating factor to so many aspirants.

Thanks for your advice & a big congrats to you.
Let us stay in touch and enlighten each other in the path of gaining an B-school admission & beyond.

Cheers,
Bhupesh
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts