Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Booth '15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Practice tests all ~700....disaster on test day [#permalink]
Kudos
There is a strong possibility that you just had a bad test day. Obviously you'll retake it. At this point, it would probably be suggested to just review all of your material. There are some CAT exams you can take in the meanwhile. Also, if you've been scoring in the 700 on your practice exams, try the GMAT Club Tests. They don't cost too much and have generally had great reviews.

You can find additional CAT exams here: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?fl=menu
You can buy the GMAT Club Tests here: https://gmatclub.com/tests/?fl=menu
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jxatrillion wrote:
There is a strong possibility that you just had a bad test day. Obviously you'll retake it. At this point, it would probably be suggested to just review all of your material. There are some CAT exams you can take in the meanwhile. Also, if you've been scoring in the 700 on your practice exams, try the GMAT Club Tests. They don't cost too much and have generally had great reviews.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely had a bad day - but the level of the Quant drop makes me feel like maybe I didn't have fundamentals down, and the number of errors allowed by the MGMAT software, while still providing difficult questions, gave me a false sense of security (although my GMAT Prep scores were still 100 points higher than exam). Do the GMAT club tests provide explanations? Either way, thanks for the reply.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
DJ2012 wrote:
Do the GMAT club tests provide explanations? Either way, thanks for the reply.

They absolutely do. From what I've read, they're very good although it does assume that you have a strong foundation in the GMAT quant already.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Your Q32 should prove to you--like my 29 proved to me--that you haven't mastered the basics. The sets I mentioned before cover all content areas and have questions at all difficulty levels, allowing you to master the basics before you move on to the hard stuff. From what I understand, the GMAT club tests have only 600- and 700-level questions. Those questions won't be relevant to you if can't get the easier questions right.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tobud wrote:
Your Q32 should prove to you--like my 29 proved to me--that you haven't mastered the basics. The sets I mentioned before cover all content areas and have questions at all difficulty levels, allowing you to master the basics before you move on to the hard stuff. From what I understand, the GMAT club tests have only 600- and 700-level questions. Those questions won't be relevant to you if can't get the easier questions right.

You're absolutely right. I'm going to follow your advice with Jeff Sackmann's material. Thanks again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Makes me worried that you're saying the MGMAT tests are useless...the last 2 weeks of my testing has basically been taking MGMAT CATs and studying all the problems right or wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
I would also highly recommend the GMAT Club tests. They easily had the highest impact on my quant score. Very useful for random and repetitive test questions, which I found as the key tactic to a high score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cares wrote:
Makes me worried that you're saying the MGMAT tests are useless...the last 2 weeks of my testing has basically been taking MGMAT CATs and studying all the problems right or wrong.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think most people actually do better on the real GMAT Quant than the MGMAT Quant which is supposed to be harder. For me, I think the major difference is that it's easier to get harder questions on the MGMAT (they keep feeding you high difficulty questions) whereas Gmat Prep and the actual GMAT it appears harder to get the more difficult questions, especially if you miss easier ones early like I obviously did.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to check back in - followed the advice of the folks here and ended up with a 720 on my second attempt (Q45 V44). Would definitely recommend "Total GMAT Math" and the GMAT club tests. I guess my first score was a fluke after all - thanks for the support!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8799 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
DJ2012 wrote:
Just wanted to check back in - followed the advice of the folks here and ended up with a 720 on my second attempt (Q45 V44). Would definitely recommend "Total GMAT Math" and the GMAT club tests. I guess my first score was a fluke after all - thanks for the support!

Hey there...congrats on getting a good score. I am kind of where you were a few months back. After doing well in practice tests I scored a 620 ~ 80 average points below my practice scores. Hopefully, I'll be able to mimic your success..
GMAT Club Bot