Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT in 9 days. Need to improve score in Quant. [#permalink]
Thanks for the tips guys.

I feel quite reassured now. Unfortunately i haven't maintained any error logs but i do have a list of important math concepts that i keep reviewing every now and then.

Just to put things in perspective, i have created a focused study plan for the next 9 days to focus on my weak areas (quant) and strengthen Verbal. It is just to keep me motivated till GMAT Day :)

I will try and extract the maximum out of a limited set of questions in the next 9 days.

Days 1 to 5 (Concept reinforcement) - Timed drills of 25 questions each covering PS, DS, CR and SC and analysis of each question from the GMAT Prep documents that i had mentioned.

Days 6,7,8: GMAT Prep Test 1 (twice) and GMAT Prep 2 (once) and analysis of tests (Do AWA in all 3 tests); review error log (great idea by the way) of questions done in days 1 to 5 along with some essential Math and SC Rules.

Day 9: Relax, watch a movie and pray :)

Day 10: Tame the GMAT :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 294 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: 3.75 IT
WE 2: 1.0 IT
Send PM
Kudos
Sounds like a good plan!! Can't disagree with it..
Good Luck man!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck... Thanks Akhilesh for sharing tips for items to do during the last days
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you gentlemen. :)

Just thought that i should record my final sprint to the test in this thread. It will help to keep me motivated.

Day 1

1. Did 60 Quant exercises from the GMAT Prep doc and analyzed every problem for takeaways. Have marked the ones that i missed with a star to review again later.
2. Focused on DS which has been my weak spot.
3. In addition my wandering mind got hold of this list of 9 DS problems on remainders on this website. Found them very useful and lapped them up with all the expert strategies.
4. 25 SC questions from GMAT Prep and again analyzed each question threadbare.

I might have overkilled it a tad for day 1. Could not fit in the target CR plan. Will try to make up for it tomorrow.

God bless!

8 days to go!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Day 2 Progress

1. 50 Quant questions from GMAT Prep. Again focused on DS. Am gaining in confidence in this section now. 70% accuracy in DS. Getting better.
2. 25 SC Questions from GMAT Prep. I am very glad to have access to these questions. Some of them are nothing like the ones i had encountered in the OGs. Got 4 wrong. Very encouraging.
3. Reviewed some SC rules

Ran out of steam doing this much today, again CR has been put off to tomorrow.

With 7 days to go, a slight change in plan. I will take a test tomorrow. This is largely to assess the progress made in Quant in the last two days as well as to keep in touch with CR and RCs. Will analyse the test and review important math formulae along with Star Quant questions from my error log of the past two days. Lets not be overzealous anymore ;)

Goosebumps abound, but i stay optimistic.

Till tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Day 3: Feeling more confident today

1. Took the GMAT Prep 1 (1st retake): 760 (Q49,V44) Q(5 repeats, 9 mistakes; Verbal had 7 repeats, 4 mistakes); The score is inflated of course, but i was more interested in how i tackled the brand new questions. DS was much improved today, i believe the focused efforts in this direction are beginning to bear some fruit)
2. Analyzed the test and repeated the ones i got stuck on or got wrong.
3. Read through some SC rules.

Plan for tomorrow:
1. Focus on Quant (50 questions)
2. Read up on the AWA section. I did a search and found this post by chineseburned. I plan to follow that for the test :))

6 to go!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Good luck! seems like you will definitely achieve your goal! Don't forget to post your debrief :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Lazy Days 4 and 5: Very light on studying

1. Did another 40 questions from the gmat prep quant document.
2. Focused on SC rules and some quant formulae.
3. Gave another cursory look to the AWA. Have not written a single one yet.
4. I have been amusing myself to no end with dinners; AND the LORDs have been a big distraction too ;)

Plan for tomorrow: The match ends today (i hope we save the TEST), alas i can concentrate on the task at hand!!!

1. Write a couple of AWA essays just to get the hang of it and to get used to the typing speed.
2. Review error log of Quant questions done in the last few days. Time to reinforce the learning.
3. Again review some SC rules. (Discovered the Whiplash flashcards, I quite like them :))

The motivation seems to be wearing out for some reason. I have to stay positive. A walk in the park followed by a nice long warm shower should do the trick. And off to bed then.

Au revoir.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
arcticundersiege wrote:
Lazy Days 4 and 5: Very light on studying

1. Did another 40 questions from the gmat prep quant document.
2. Focused on SC rules and some quant formulae.
3. Gave another cursory look to the AWA. Have not written a single one yet.
4. I have been amusing myself to no end with dinners; AND the LORDs have been a big distraction too ;)

Plan for tomorrow: The match ends today (i hope we save the TEST), alas i can concentrate on the task at hand!!!

1. Write a couple of AWA essays just to get the hang of it and to get used to the typing speed.
2. Review error log of Quant questions done in the last few days. Time to reinforce the learning.
3. Again review some SC rules. (Discovered the Whiplash flashcards, I quite like them :))

The motivation seems to be wearing out for some reason. I have to stay positive. A walk in the park followed by a nice long warm shower should do the trick. And off to bed then.

Au revoir.

Last days mate, if you lose of your enthusiasm right now, all the prep will go down the drain. Just a last push and there's victory. I am sure you'll do really well !!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for the motivation and advice. I take the GMAT tomorrow and i feel really confident going in to the test. Will post an update after my exam. :)

Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Good Luck!!!! Remember to be the three C's - Calm, Confident, and Collected!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
arcticundersiege wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys.

I feel quite reassured now. Unfortunately i haven't maintained any error logs but i do have a list of important math concepts that i keep reviewing every now and then.

Just to put things in perspective, i have created a focused study plan for the next 9 days to focus on my weak areas (quant) and strengthen Verbal. It is just to keep me motivated till GMAT Day :)

I will try and extract the maximum out of a limited set of questions in the next 9 days.

Days 1 to 5 (Concept reinforcement) - Timed drills of 25 questions each covering PS, DS, CR and SC and analysis of each question from the GMAT Prep documents that i had mentioned.

Days 6,7,8: GMAT Prep Test 1 (twice) and GMAT Prep 2 (once) and analysis of tests (Do AWA in all 3 tests); review error log (great idea by the way) of questions done in days 1 to 5 along with some essential Math and SC Rules.

Day 9: Relax, watch a movie and pray :)

Day 10: Tame the GMAT :)

Can u pls. share the link for gmat prep probs specially Quant..M giving gmat in 7 days.,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I suggest that you master the MGMAT Quant flashcards--not an impossible feat to pull off in 7 days. And likely to help you out in the DS section.

And as always maintain an error log, even if it's going to be only a few days old.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
GMAT Club Bot