Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: McDonough '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q710 V670
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: McDonough '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q710 V670
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Need advice:GMAT coaching centres in Bangalore,India [#permalink]
[quote="arunpanda22"]Checkout ivy-gmat in kormangala. Just google ivy-gmat. You will get the address. He is supposed to be hard taskmaster but gets you a fab score on gmat

hi,

Have heard set of conflicting reviews about this place and the tutor there... :?
can anyone provide any more info abt this plz..
TIA.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
You can look for Manhatten Review in Bangalore...I have taken Gmat classes there and I would recommend that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Try out ivy@gmat its one of the best in bangalore i would say .U can expect improvements of around 100 points to say the least.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
ivy@gmat is good only for people who already in 600 700 zone
do some self study usinng MGMAT 10 Strategy guides and solve some OG 12, VR2, QR2 Q's before jjoining IvyGmat otherwise u r going to waste ur time and money :-(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
CrackVerbal is another team to check out in Bangalore.

If you are open to online coaching courses, then you'll find a a bigger choice --> here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
I am planning to take jamboree test series. Can anyone share their experience with jamboree regarding their material and tests?
Manager
Manager
Status:SLOGGING : My son says,This time Papa u will have to make it : Innocence is BLISS
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,

If verbal is giving u jitters, i would strongly suggest CrackVerbal@Bangalore.The founder n the master chef Arun aka PsychoD is just magical.will put u in the right gears to take the V bit bxn ur teeth.

Happy Gmating.

Rgds Susmit

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Kudos
I have not been active on Gmatclub - something I hope to change soon :-D

I just wanted to let you know that I am active on Pagalguy and here are some reviews from my students:
https://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and- ... alore.html

Please note that these are not people with 1 posts (essentially ids formed 1 day before the post) nor are they hearsay (I heard is good kinds).

Having said that remember a few things before choosing any GMAT Prep course:

1) Make sure you attend atleast 1 demo class. It is not a question of money alone but your precious time. You don't want to end up spending weeks in a coaching which is not adding value. The faculty should have taken GMAT and should speak sense (which you can figure out after a 3-4 hour class).

2) Ensure that the reasons for joining a GMAT prep course are right. IMO there are 3 reasons for anyone to do it (a) teach you stuff you cannot learn from a book (b) ensure you are on the straight and narrow (c) support you right till the day of your test. If even one of these are not met then its not worth your time.

3) Talk to other students while you are taking the demo class (assuming this is a live course and others have paid up). Sometimes talking to them can give you a good perspective of what to expect. And what not to :)

That is my $0.02 about it!

Arun
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Would like this opportunity to introduce ourselves. The intent is not to spam and so, request moderators to alert us, if this is not allowed.

We run a world class GMAT coaching center in Bangalore. We have had phenomenal success during the last year and the testimonials of some of our successful candidates are available at https://EducationAisle.com/testimonials.html

As Arun has mentioned in his post above, do consider attending a Demo class at the institutes you are considering, to help you make a more informed decision. After all, it is your future and stakes are high.

For more information about us, please visit us at https://www.EducationAisle.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8796 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
I'm from Mumbai and I tried one local GMAT coaching class about six months ago and felt it was useless. I paid 25k INR and pretty much quit after two weeks or so. (Also work pressures built up and I had to postpone my GMAT study plans to May anyway but this is besides the point) .If you're really bent on coaching I would suggest going for some reputed online course such as Manhattan GMAT, Magoosh, GMAT Pill, Knewton, and Kaplan. Plus at GMAT Club you will get all the self/peer coaching that you'll need!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
macjas wrote:
I'm from Mumbai and I tried one local GMAT coaching class about six months ago and felt it was useless. I paid 25k INR and pretty much quit after two weeks or so. (Also work pressures built up and I had to postpone my GMAT study plans to May anyway but this is besides the point) .If you're really bent on coaching I would suggest going for some reputed online course such as Manhattan GMAT, Magoosh, GMAT Pill, Knewton, and Kaplan. Plus at GMAT Club you will get all the self/peer coaching that you'll need!

Hi macjas, now a days, many coaching centers offer money-back guarantee, in case students feel short charged in any way. So, that would at least take care of the 25k cost that you mention in your post.

However, more than the cost, it is the time and the opportunity that is of essence to students and so, performing some due diligence (such as attending Demo class, conversing with students of the institute etc.) generally helps. I am sure you did your homework too, and am sorry it did not work out for you.

However, I am a part of a training center and with due respect, take exception to your purported extrapolation that GMAT coaching classes are "useless".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8796 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
EducationAisle wrote:
macjas wrote:

Hi macjas, now a days, many coaching centers offer money-back guarantee, in case students feel short charged in any way. So, that would at least take care of the 25k cost that you mention in your post.

However, more than the cost, it is the time and the opportunity that is of essence to students and so, performing some due diligence (such as attending Demo class, conversing with students of the institute etc.) generally helps. I am sure you did your homework too, and am sorry it did not work out for you.

However, I am a part of a training center and with due respect, take exception to your purported extrapolation that GMAT coaching classes are "useless".

If you read my post carefully, I suggest that the one specific class that I enrolled in was useless. I wasn't talking about ALL coaching classes. I apologize if it seemed to you that I was attacking all coaching classes.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi macjas, ok..time for some GMAT CR (Critical Reasoning):

Your stimulus says:

Premise: I tried one local GMAT coaching class about six months ago and felt it was useless.

Conclusion: If you're really bent on coaching I would suggest going for some reputed online course.

What is the assumption?

Answer: The only correct choice has to be: GMAT coaching class are useless:).

p.s. See what being a GMAT faculty has done to me :wink: .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi macjas, ok..time for some GMAT CR (Critical Reasoning):

Your stimulus says:

Premise: I tried one local GMAT coaching class about six months ago and felt it was useless.

Conclusion: If you're really bent on coaching I would suggest going for some reputed online course.

What is the assumption?

Answer: The only correct choice has to be: GMAT coaching class are useless:).

p.s. See what being a GMAT faculty has done to me :wink: .

funny... I won't say that coaching classes are useless ..but I will prefer an online course because it can be highly customized
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
arun@crackverbal wrote:
I have not been active on Gmatclub - something I hope to change soon :-D

I just wanted to let you know that I am active on Pagalguy and here are some reviews from my students:
https://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and- ... alore.html

Please note that these are not people with 1 posts (essentially ids formed 1 day before the post) nor are they hearsay (I heard is good kinds).

Having said that remember a few things before choosing any GMAT Prep course:

1) Make sure you attend atleast 1 demo class. It is not a question of money alone but your precious time. You don't want to end up spending weeks in a coaching which is not adding value. The faculty should have taken GMAT and should speak sense (which you can figure out after a 3-4 hour class).

2) Ensure that the reasons for joining a GMAT prep course are right. IMO there are 3 reasons for anyone to do it (a) teach you stuff you cannot learn from a book (b) ensure you are on the straight and narrow (c) support you right till the day of your test. If even one of these are not met then its not worth your time.

3) Talk to other students while you are taking the demo class (assuming this is a live course and others have paid up). Sometimes talking to them can give you a good perspective of what to expect. And what not to :)

That is my $0.02 about it!

Arun

Hey Guys,

I decided to study for GMAT a month back. Did a thorough internet search. Bought/downloaded all the books whose names were associated with 700+ tag. Being an NIT Durgapur alumnus, maths is something that runs in my veins, I decided to start with SC. Soon I realized colloquial English skills are not that toned to pick up the correct option in 90 seconds, for that you need someone who knows how to do that. Got few references for Crack Verbal. 1 Demo class was all I needed and I joined Arun's class immediately. I completed my SC trainings from him(CR & RC) are left, I can see a considerable change in my acumen for choosing the correct option. This guy knows what he teaches, I, as a non-biased, independent source, an aspirant for 750+ gmat score, suggest , you all can join CV without doubt. The package has a lot more to offer than meager weekend classes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Go for Aim Global Education in koramangala. Perfect place to learn for Gmat.Cheers!!!!

Originally posted by tenzin123 on 11 Nov 2013, 02:13.
Last edited by tenzin123 on 11 Nov 2013, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2