Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 312 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAT
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-02-2013
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Need advice! [#permalink]
Use the mgmat archer and go through every problem in the official guide. The archer will give you the feedback you need as you apply yourself to getting better and better at the test. This will get your timing in order and it will introduce you to progressively harder concepts as you go. Then review your errors in depth and write down the right way to do the problems. These are the keys to improvement. Mgmat books aren't text books; they're texts to help you crack the official guid problems.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am also try to get high result but its very hard to get high result for beginners but I will have to get high result as soon as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Did you complete any practice CATs? If not, you might want to try those to acclimate yourself with the timing/pressure of the real test. Six are included with any MGMAT book. Six tests plus two free GMAT prep tests are more than enough IMO.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HImba88 wrote:
Did you complete any practice CATs? If not, you might want to try those to acclimate yourself with the timing/pressure of the real test. Six are included with any MGMAT book. Six tests plus two free GMAT prep tests are more than enough IMO.

I am going to give the prep test offered By MGMAT this week and also preparing for 600 questions bank from GMAT prep 1 and 2.
Recently, i have mgmat 4th edition strategy series book and i wonder are there a lot of changes in the math section in MGMAT 5th edition? Do you think i should get the 5th edition books or do i have to stay on the 4th edition?
Thanks a lot
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waqasg4u wrote:
I am also try to get high result but its very hard to get high result for beginners but I will have to get high result as soon as well.

Pretty bad story, anyway i wont give up~
What materials do u use?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbajamesbond wrote:
Buddy

my suggestion is to slow down a bit.....mgmat books are really good...spend a lot of time understanding the basics and they practice....During this this you should also try different mocks...once you get around 600..then you should schedule your test....
550 is not difficult at all.....

Hi there!
Would you give me some suggestiongs for preparing for the Verbal section? What's the best books to prepare for?
I recently have OG verbal book , manhattan series and OG 13 verbal part. Are there any specific books that you want me to recommend. I am hoping to raise my score from the verbal part. Damn this exam is killing me! Stress stress stress!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
rajman41 wrote:
HImba88 wrote:

I am going to give the prep test offered By MGMAT this week and also preparing for 600 questions bank from GMAT prep 1 and 2.
Recently, i have mgmat 4th edition strategy series book and i wonder are there a lot of changes in the math section in MGMAT 5th edition? Do you think i should get the 5th edition books or do i have to stay on the 4th edition?
Thanks a lot

Personally, I thought the practice tests were helpful in becoming acclimated with the test. Not sure if you did any before you took the real thing. If I took the test cold without any practice beforehand I for sure would have struggled.

As far as the differences between the editions I'm not sure if I can help you on that one. I got the 5th edition books. I highly doubt that there are any drastic changes between the 4th and 5th editions. And especially not enough changes to justify the cost of purchasing new books.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any one show me the answers of GMAT ASAP! I really need them.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts