Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Part Time programs in California [#permalink]
Kudos
rohitbizschool wrote:
Are you sure about Anderson? I was told electives are offered at Marshall on weekdays by someone currently enrolled at Andersons's FEMBA. But they did not mention about the electives at Anderson so I assumed they must be offered on weekdays as well.

There are definitely plenty of weekend electives at Anderson. I believe you can browse the class schedules on the registrar website. Obviously not every single elective will be available on Saturday, but there should be a lot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
rohitbizschool,

Forte Forum will be in San Francisco on August 29 and you should be able to meet the FEMBA admissions staff there. Check out:

https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x19686.xml
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
691 was the mean for Haas this year so you're slightly above in that regard. If you come from an over represented demographic (think male Indian Engineer) you're definitely going to have some competition.

I do want to add, if you did decide to pursue a change of career, Haas has some great opportunities to get into IB and Consulting even for part-time students. While you'll need to quit your full-time job after your second year, the program office has a pretty rigorous program to help you make the transition.

UCLA also has the flex part-time MBA program with some of the classes online (hopefully I'm not completely mistaken here). While I don't know the full details, that may be a good option for you.

As far as career progression is concerned, an MBA from a prestigious program will only help you get the interview. Landing the job and working your way up the corporate ladder is 100% on you. I work for a very large organization and I've met plenty of people from lower ranked schools who greatly excel at their job. I've also met plenty of people from top schools who do not. It's what you do with your knowledge that determines how successful you become - hopefully this sentence doesn't come across as too cliche :wink: .

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
GZR4DR wrote:
I do want to add, if you did decide to pursue a change of career, Haas has some great opportunities to get into IB and Consulting even for part-time students. While you'll need to quit your full-time job after your second year, the program office has a pretty rigorous program to help you make the transition.

UCLA also has the flex part-time MBA program with some of the classes online (hopefully I'm not completely mistaken here). While I don't know the full details, that may be a good option for you.

At UCLA FEMBA I have met quite a few drastic career switchers who have quit their full time jobs to get internships. I'm not sure what they do after the internship is over, before graduation.

UCLA Flex is half online half on campus, I believe they meet one weekend a month.
GMAT Club Bot