Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
arjunbt wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Arjun,

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar enough with the MSIM program to comment.

Linda,
Thanks for your time, other than MISM I am also considering Arizona Carey, Texas A&M, Michigan Broad and Purdue Krannert.
do I stand a chance for these colleges ? Is there anything in my profile that you feel I have to improve?

Thanks,
Arjun

Arjun,

For these programs' MBA programs you have a competitive profile. In terms of improving it, you didn't mention any community servicesince college. That strikes me as somewhat of a weakness. To the extent that all of your work has been in India with Indians, you lack a certain diversity of exposure, but your work experience otherwise sounds quite strong.

Best,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
Arjun,
For these programs' MBA programs you have a competitive profile. In terms of improving it, you didn't mention any community servicesince college. That strikes me as somewhat of a weakness. To the extent that all of your work has been in India with Indians, you lack a certain diversity of exposure, but your work experience otherwise sounds quite strong.

Best,
Linda

Linda,
Yeah since college I couldnot serve any community due to my work schedule and frequent travel to South Korea, Samsung HQ. But I have taught basics of computers to few students in school for deaf and dumb, I am not sure to what extent I can showcase it.
And coming to international exp other than indians I have worked with Engineers from Samsung Isreal, Samsung UK, Samsung Korea, Samsung Telecommunications America but I never travelled to any of these countries other than South Korea.

Again thanks for your time and suggestions.

-Arjun
Send PM
Expert Reply
arjunbt wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Arjun,

Best,
Linda

Linda,
Yeah since college I couldnot serve any community due to my work schedule and frequent travel to South Korea, Samsung HQ. But I have taught basics of computers to few students in school for deaf and dumb, I am not sure to what extent I can showcase it.
And coming to international exp other than indians I have worked with Engineers from Samsung Isreal, Samsung UK, Samsung Korea, Samsung Telecommunications America but I never travelled to any of these countries other than South Korea.

Again thanks for your time and suggestions.

-Arjun

If you have traveled frequently to Korea for work and worked on projects with engineers from Israel, Korea, and the UK, then you should be able to write about multi-cultural experience and you do have international exposure.

Best,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Linda for your inputs. Your guidance has helped me immensely to finalize on the colleges.
Thanks again.

-Arjun
Send PM
Expert Reply
arjunbt wrote:
Thanks Linda for your inputs. Your guidance has helped me immensely to finalize on the colleges.
Thanks again.

-Arjun

YOu're most welcome. Thanks for the feedback.
GMAT Club Bot