Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight [#permalink]
Thanks a bunch bmillan01 for the advice. :)
Stupid question alert:: If I stick with Manhattan CR and skip Powerscore CR, will I 'miss' any concept or important stuff if I am aiming at 700+ ? (I know it might have sounded far fetched too considering the time I have left but I would want to give it a shot nonetheless)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Send PM
harshvinayak wrote:
Thanks a bunch bmillan01 for the advice. :)
Stupid question alert:: If I stick with Manhattan CR and skip Powerscore CR, will I 'miss' any concept or important stuff if I am aiming at 700+ ? (I know it might have sounded far fetched too considering the time I have left but I would want to give it a shot nonetheless)

I have not read MGMAT CR so can not comment, but because of lack of time better spend your time reading MGMAT CR + Official Guides + Gmatprep only for CR.
Do not waste the precious time deciding whether to take new book. Many people have scored well using Mgmat CR too.

Powerscore CR is indeed a very good book, but Mgmat wouldn't be so below if not at par.

Good Luck and do share your GMAT experience.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Kudos
harshvinayak wrote:
If I stick with Manhattan CR and skip Powerscore CR, will I 'miss' any concept or important stuff if I am aiming at 700+ ?

Manhattan provides a comprehensive CR book, so there's no need to worry. While I personally believe that Powerscore has a superior product, it's not worth spending an extra 30 dollars and waiting a couple of days for it. And as gurpreetsingh advised, the time to start CR is now.

harshvinayak wrote:
I know it might have sounded far fetched too considering the time I have left but I would want to give it a shot nonetheless

I bring up this next issue because you were tempted to do something drastic toward the end of your studies. Hopefully, this restlessness is an isolated case and doesn't extend to other areas of your prep. But just to be on the safe side, here we go:

Though your dilemma with Powerscore and Manhattan is understandable, the timing does concern me somewhat. I don't mean to accuse you of anything, but perhaps this is just pre-test nerves. A certain level of anxiety is expected and normal; we all experience it as the test day approaches. And there's certainly nothing wrong with tweaking one's study plan here and there. But please don't let any doubts creep into your outlook or cause you to take risks in your study preparation. Equipped with Manhattan guidebooks, all you need is dedication to earn a solid score. :wink:

And please see here for more information on anxiety: gmat-anxiety-99374.html
SVP
SVP
Send PM
harshvinayak wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Do not waste the precious time deciding whether to take new book. Many people have scored well using Mgmat CR too.

Makes sense. Thanks Gurpreet :)

I don't want to confuse you more but do remember one thing postponing only costs 50 USD and it is nothing compare to a good stellar score on the card. So if you think you are short of time then you might postpone, if feasible. Else even if not confident of preparation still give the exam as if you have done each and every question ever created. :lol:
Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,I am new to this forum and need your help to choose the right test series.Should I purchase MGMAT SC book with 6 test free or whole package of test from the website?Will the quality and the accuracy vary for the tests?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bmillan01 and gurpreet. :) I completely agree with, and appreciate, your concerns here. Just that Im silly enough to prepare and to take the test in a month's time I feel I am a little less privileged to count it off as normal test anxiety, as someone with months of preparation would. Though the test day can be pushed (which I have already done :D ) I still want to take a hit from it and see how things go. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ansh007 wrote:
Should I purchase MGMAT SC book with 6 test free or whole package of test from the website?Will the quality and the accuracy vary for the tests?

Hey ansh007! Though I guess I am as 'new' as you :D I can certainly say that the online tests that you get access to by purchasing any of the individual strategy guides from MGMAT are the same ones which you speak of (as part of the whole package from the website). If you are just aiming for the tests I believe it would be a wise call to just purchase the SC book, as it gets you access to an additional SC question bank. Ofcourse you can always pay extra to get access to all the 9 question banks :D but the 6 CATs will be the same.
Hope it helps.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
E Gmat Updates:

Since I m short of time I would like to summarize my updates in few sentences.

CR, RC -> The emphasis of E-gmat on prephrase and understanding the structure of the passage is of utmost importance , and I really see how it is working well while practising. But sometimes non natives does have a problem of comprehension. So make sure you comprehend the CR/RC properly.

SC: E-gmat stresses on meaning and structure. Meaning is so important that the other errors become very easy to spot when you are able to get the gist of the sentence.
So far I have seen that if I m able to understand the meaning of the sentence, my Accuracy percentage is higher than that in other case.
That is why gmat often creates so confusing sentences with very unusual nouns that we are distracted from the meaning of the sentence.

if we are not stressing on meaning of sc and prephrase of cr/rc, we are at a big loss. So guys try to include it in your study strategy.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
So Guys hows it going for all? I m retaking my gmat in a week. I need wishes of you all :)
I can not do any more prep now so only thing that can save me is pray.
Prep , pray and prey all are part of Gmat. I need just pray now !! :lol: Bad joke I know

BTW pls check this list of posts started by egmat user. Egmat has put great articles.

search.php?keywords=&author=egmat&sc=1&sf=firstpost&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&search_tags=any&t=0&submit=Search
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Why everyone so quite? Have you guys quit your dream? Come on....Fight the beast.

Fight the beast and die like a warrior :) ....... coming to the point.. howdy all ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Gurpreet,

You have talked about "Weekend club tests".. Can you give me some information on this and as for your strategy, a very good and wise one and as far as you really stick to it, it will bear fruits,

Cheers mate!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jakelong1 wrote:
Hi Gurpreet,

You have talked about "Weekend club tests".. Can you give me some information on this and as for your strategy, a very good and wise one and as far as you really stick to it, it will bear fruits,

Cheers mate!

It actually means - weekend's would be spent on club tests that means Gmatclub Tests.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Send PM
Hi Gurpreet,

I know I am late , but I suppose this is great platform for me to improve my pathetic 24 verbal score.I am pretty average in SCs , and very bad in CR and RCs.

I am ready to invest as much time as it needs to improve my score I am aiming for 700 + , So I need to put in a lot of efforts and ready for that challenge.Just need guidance.

Starting with RCs: which all fiction books shall I start with daily , Shall I start practicing one RC daily or wait for some time increase my reading skills and then start.?

CRs:- I am again starting Powerscore CR and last time I did not take it seriously will make it my bible for next one - 2 months . I am thinking of practicing LSAT CR questions which I think are tougher than GMAT.

SCs:-- Before the test day I thot SC is my strongest area, and I was really delusional ..Will read Manhattan SC and Aristotle SC grail Again.

I scored Q47 so hopefully can delay the Quant prep till d time I start scoring V35 + consistently ...
Please advise or suggest any thing I am missing or wrong in my approach... I am also a non native speaker being from punjab and Engineering college I am typically a student who crams every shot loads on my way before the exam and vomit it out on the test day ..But unfortunately GAMT doesnt work that way.....

I am taking 1 nd half months as target from this weekend hopefully will write a better debrief this time

Thanks
Abhinav

Hope is a good thing abhinav, good thing seldom dies 8-)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Update : UCLA dinged me without interview :)

I had spend my all efforts on one school as I was short of time and my gamble was not fruitful. Never mind Life moves on!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hi folks,

Just joined this forum, and I am pretty impressed. It shall be great to contribute and at the same time learn.

My mock GMAT scores are
GMAT1: 550
GMAT2: 590

Looking forward for your help wrt Verbal section.

PS: ENGLISH is not my native language.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

English is not my native language and I'm wondering if the OG13 only should be used as a solving question book? Ive got the MGAMAT books, OG13 and OG Verbal so there should not be any problems with the material.

I am also going to read a couple of books while i study the MGMT SC, CR and RC.

As you can see by my question, this is my first time doing the GMAT test.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15