Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 540 Q43 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Confussed with II GMAT attempt score .... help plsss!!! [#permalink]
@Highdiving - thanks for pointing out wat cud be wrong and I agree it is something to do with exam environment. As I find myself more of gazing thru paper while on GMAT , but while doing mocks I cud reason the answers well ...

@ msvel2304 - I think that was the mistake I did... Cudnt take GMAT prep exams... As I thought I have covered the questions from the GMAT prep question banks available on GMAT club ... But I liked the strategy to do these anyways ... as I feel GMAT verbal is something very different on GMAT exam n as we see in other resources ...

I am planning to do power score verbal bible, before I hit mock test again. Also considering the option of e-GMAT ... Which one is better ??

Apart from this what you wud suggest Fmy for improving nxt attemp ?? Is one month enough to see significant improvement ??

Kuddos to inputs so far :) :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Your plan sounds fine. Find your weak topics and work on them. Use OG to improve and stay away from unofficial sources. E Gmat, i guess, uses official problems only to teach you. Try to improve your stamina, it plays a vital role in determining your verbal score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I think GMAC has revised the GMAT scoring algorithm. I noticed the difference even on the GMAT Prep exam. I took one before June 2012 and one after and i though the Verbal score was much lower than i had expected (3-5 points less than MGMAT).

Even i have gone back to the basics, especially for CR & SC. I've started reading the GMATClub Verbal book and Powerscore CR Bible. Just wish CR Bible had more problems.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
qweert wrote:
I think GMAC has revised the GMAT scoring algorithm. I noticed the difference even on the GMAT Prep exam. I took one before June 2012 and one after and i though the Verbal score was much lower than i had expected (3-5 points less than MGMAT).

Even i have gone back to the basics, especially for CR & SC. I've started reading the GMATClub Verbal book and Powerscore CR Bible. Just wish CR Bible had more problems.

While many test prep companies are close to GMAT style in quant, only GMATPrep gives an accurate estimate when it comes to verbal ability, no other test prep mocks are as close to GMAT, even MGMAT.
GMAT Club Bot