Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
Send PM
Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink]
hi - can you share the policy for re-applicants ?

Any special points that you think one should consider while reapplying

Thanks in advance
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We don't have a specific policy around re-applicants however we do have some recommendations! If you're applying again, I'd recommend submitting a brand new application. Depending on the timing of your previous application, we might still have your transcripts, please check with mba@rotman.utoronto.ca to see if we have your transcripts, ask to transfer them to your new application.

Ask for feedback. Speak with the admissions person and get some feedback on the areas that require improvement.

Get new references. I am not sure when you applied before but even it was a year ago, there must be some changes in your profile. If you are under the same supervisor and if you plan on using the same person(s), have a chat with them and update them on your current situation.

This year the Rotman School has gone through immense changes in terms of the curriculum, application questions, size etc. Get a refresher, research, check our new website and learn more about the school. Speak with an ambassador to learn more about the school.

We have lots of YouTube videos, take a look at them. You can also check out our admissions blog, you can find lots of good tips!

Hope this helps. You can always reach out to me at gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca Happy to discuss more specifics to your new application.

Good luck! Claire
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi,

can you throw some light on your new initiative - video essay ?

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RotmanMBA wrote:
Hi Versatile,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure you can submit your GMAT score later than the deadline. We will complete our review once we have all the documents and you will be contacted accordingly.

Good luck! Claire

Hi,

Is there any difference that i apply in 1st round without GMAT score and submit the score later on

and

I receive the gmat score and apply during second round ?

thnaks
Send PM
Hi Wayahead123,

Thanks for your inquiry. The video essay is a pilot project for this year. As you know the business school essays have become quite generic and we have started to see each candidate write about similar things. At the Rotman School, we try our best to get to know our candidates better, soft skills are very important for us. We are hoping our candidates will have a better opportunity to express themselves.

On the application form, you will be provided with a link for the video essays. Once you start the video essays, you have to complete both of the questions, you cannot exit after the first question. The questions do not require any preparation, they will be around your hobbies, extra-curricular activities and such.

I think this is a great opportunity for candidates to show case what they cannot on paper. We are looking for well-rounded individuals and we believe we will have a better understanding of our applicants.

Hope this helps, please feel free to reach out anytime, you can also email me at gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca

Thanks again for the inquiry. Good luck!

Claire
Manager
Manager
Send PM
wayahead123 wrote:
RotmanMBA wrote:
Hi Versatile,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure you can submit your GMAT score later than the deadline. We will complete our review once we have all the documents and you will be contacted accordingly.

Good luck! Claire

Hi,

Is there any difference that i apply in 1st round without GMAT score and submit the score later on

and

I receive the gmat score and apply during second round ?

thnaks

Hi,

Yr comment on this point please

thanks
Send PM
Hi Versatile,

You can start your application anytime. In order for the application to be considered "complete" we should receive all the documents: Essays. references, relevant test scores, official transcripts. Once you submit a complete application, your application will be reviewed and you will hear back from us accordingly. You can complete your application after the round deadline, we will still include you in that round, however we cannot guarantee a decision date. If you submit on time, then your decision will be released on one of the decision release dates published online. Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Claire
Send PM
Sorry for the name mix up Wayahead123!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Level 3 Candidate
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello,

I do not have any video essays on my application.
I have 4 essays, and an optional essay.
I am done with the above essays, and am planning to apply in Round 1.
Kindly suggest.
Send PM
Hi Coolsibs,

Your application is fine, most likely you started your application prior to September 2012, therefore the app you started is the old version of our application. AS long as you submit a complete application, it will be considered for round 1. Good luck.

Claire
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Claire,
Thanks for the above info.
Out of panic, I created a new Account and got the 'video essays' set
I have answered the other 2 essays, and the video essays.
I have paid the application fee, and my recommenders have also submitted, which reflects on my Application Page.
But, when I reach the ''Complete Application'', I am not able to submit the Application. The message displayed is "you have not marked all sections of the Application form as complete"

But, I have marked all sections of my application.
Please suggest. It's absolutely urgent because I dont want to miss the Round 1 Deadline.
Send PM
Hi Coolsibs,

No need to panic, I understand and can help you.

Sometimes the system does that. Can you please log on and see if you filled out all the mandatory fields on the application form? If you have filled out all the fields, then I am sure it's just a technical glitch.

I am on a recruiting trip but you can contact my colleague Yoko Malisewzki at mba@rotman.utoronto.ca and let her know, feel free to CC me (gumus@rotman.utoronto.ca) on the email. Regardless when we resolve this issue-I am not expecting no more than 2 days, I can assure you that you will be considered for Round 1.

*Please note that today's Thanksgiving day in Canada, our school is closed.

Good luck,
Claire
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Claire,

Thanks for the help.
Ans yes , "Happy Thanksgiving ''.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
What is the maximum amount of scholarship available for an international student? What qualifies one for the scholarship and does GMAT score a big factor?
I have contacted Yoko, and I am in the process of submitting my application. My major concern is the tuition fee as an international student given the fact that I want to come with my family.

Can I get up to 50% tuition waiver if I score high in GMAT?
Send PM
Hi Elatuyi,

Thanks for your interest in our program. International students can receive up to $50,000 scholarship. We do not base our scholarships decisions on the GMAT, it is only one factor but never is a sole reason to qualify for a scholarship. The competitiveness of the overall application plays a major role in the scholarship decisions. We place significant importance on the work experience and the admissions interview. Every decision is made case by case.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Claire
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Claire.

I have submitted my Rotman Application on 9th October, and I received the acknowledgement mail on 12th October.
When I check my Rotman Application Page, it says that the application is submitted.
But, the status hasn't changed to "In Review".
Kindly suggest whether status change will be communicated by e-mail, or it will reflect in my Application Page.

Regards,
Sibasis
Send PM
Hi Sibasis,

We don't have a status for files that are being reviewed. The best way to find out about your file and the admissions person reviewing your file would be by emailing my colleague Yoko at mba@rotman.utoronto.ca

Good luck with your application! Claire
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts