Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.65
WE:Brand Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: IMD '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
My guess would be that "by Sept 01. Cut-off time is 22:59, GMT + 1" means exactly as it sounds - 21:59 GMT time on September 1, 2012. So tomorrow is the cutoff day and precise time depends on your location. Moreover, I'm sure that people over there at IMD would be able to solve the issue if you submit the application within reasonable time after the deadline (I'd guess something like 12h or 24h would still be manageable), though they won't give you any extra second during the inpromptu presentation at the asssessment day (they do use Swiss time concept there, and I do believe it is the proper way). ;-)

Hashbash wrote:
Slightly freaked out with the Sept 01 deadline. Does 'application should be submitted by Sept 01. Cut-off time is 22:59, GMT + 1' mean should be submitted by 23:59 on Aug 31 or by 23:59 on Sept 01? URGENT
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@vd9 Phew. Thanks. That was a real scare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I applied to IMD R4 and got the call for the interview 3 days ago for either 14 or 21 Sep.

Does anyone have a idea about how to do prepare for the interview and any examples of the short presentation and the type of cases studies.

I'm new on the forum and I can say it has very useful info - so thanks a lot guys
Manager
Manager
Send PM
African wrote:
Hi all,

I applied to IMD R4 and got the call for the interview 3 days ago for either 14 or 21 Sep.

Does anyone have a idea about how to do prepare for the interview and any examples of the short presentation and the type of cases studies.

I'm new on the forum and I can say it has very useful info - so thanks a lot guys

For the interview itself, I'd say it's pretty much like any job/MBA interview. Just be advised they have really well read your application. My interview pretty much consisted in going beyond the content of my application: what were the ethical implications of it, ...

My case study consisted of 3-4 years balance sheet of a company, with a 5 minute presentation on a few questions such as: what is your opinion as to what is going wrong in the company and what should be done to set it back on track, ... Later on, as a group, we had to go further on and make a recommendation once more assumptions were given. There's not much you can prepare, except to have had a nice sleep beforehand. The main hurdles I saw were:
- The super strictly timed presentation
- if you're not the one presenting first, it may be disturbing to have to present just afterwards the same conclusions (or less acute conclusions) than the previous presenters
- During the group presentation, you may be challenged personally by the interviewers if you start defending (as part of the group) a point of view opposite to the one you presented alone beforehand...

Good luck
Marc
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:IMD
Send PM
African wrote:
Hi all,

additionally - if you go back to this same blog for last year - 2012, you are going to see some detailed inputs regarding the interview....dont stress too much about the impromptu - a lot of people who dont have a pure business background (myself included) tend to get stressed with the impromptu business case but they are simply testing your ability to look at data and come up with an inference (almost like the critical reasoning section in the GMATS), your communication/presentation skills and ofcourse your confidence and overall business acumen. make sure you read and re-read the prepared case study and think about all the possible questions/details.....what helped me was to analyze the case with someone from the same industry and other friends to think of different perspectives, etc...

i know this may sound very cliche, but the lesson I learnt was to be myself and be comfortable with my overall presentation

good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Concentration: International Business
Schools:IMD
Send PM
Kudos
lookingatx wrote:
R3 Applicant; offered a place on the waitlist. :-( Worst day of my life.

Do we have any folks here who are in a similar situation?

i can imagine how that feels...i was waitlisted and later admitted but it was a the most agonizing wait of my life...my only advice is:

1. obviously you should try to schedule that follow up call with Lisa to understand where you scored HIGH and where they thought you were lacking...this will also help you develop an approach to strengthen your application...during the call, try to reiterate your interest to Lisa...she is very easy going and honestly a great person to talk to

2. if you have spoken to IMD alumni/students before or during your application, now might be the time to use their help to push your app but again it depends on how connected you are with them for them to do that "Favor" for you

3. think of creative out of the box ways to approach IMD and constantly keep on Lisa's radar...

im sorry this is the case but keep positive and im sure things will work out....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 219 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Any ideas whether the R4 calls for interview are completed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
pawan82 wrote:
Any ideas whether the R4 calls for interview are completed?

I am not sure whether IMD has sent all the interview calls for R4 applicants but a few R4 applicants have received the calls. I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Lorina wrote:
Thank you guys for all the updates! I got confused with the interview dates regarding locations so I'm adding this information for R2.

So this is how the current tally look like (those who have more information please feel free to update it).
*R1: only in Lausanne, right?
- March 8th - out of 7: 7 accepted (2 confirmed, 5 declined the offer)
- March 23rd - out of 6: 5 accepted (5 confirmed), 1 unknown
- March 27th - out 5: 2 accepted (2 confirmed), 2 waitlisted, 1 unknown
- March 30th - out of 4: 2 accepted (1 confirmed, 1 declined the offer), 2 waitlisted
-April 3rd - out of 7: 2 accepted (2 confirmed), 5 waitlisted
Total - out of 29: 18 accepted (12 confirmed, 6 declined the offer), 9 waitlisted, 2 unknown

*R2
- May 11th (Lausanne) - out of 7: 3 accepted (1 confirmed, 1 declined, ...), 3 waitlisted, 1 unknown
- May 15th (Lausanne) - out 8: 4 accepted, 1 waitlisted, 3 unknown
- May 22nd (Lausanne) – out of 8: 3 accepted, 2 waitlisted, 2 denied, 1 unknown
- May 24th (SGP) - out of 9: 5 waitlisted, 2 denied, 2 unknown
- May 25th (SGP) - out of 8: 8 unknown ?!
- May 25th (Lausanne) - out of 8: 2 accepted, 6 unknown
- May 27th (HK) - out of 8: 3 accepted, 5 unknown
- May 29th (Lausanne) ??
- June 1st (Lausanne) - out of 8: 3 accepted, 3 waitlisted, 2 denied
Total (incomplete) - out of 64: 18 accepted (1 declined so far), 14 waitlisted, 6 denied, 26 unknown

*Total R1 & R2 - out of 93: 36 accepted (29 confirmed? 7 declined the offer so far), 23 waitlisted, 6 denied, 28 unknown

Missing data: confirmation of additional interview dates, outcome of May 25th interview (how many interviewed, accepted etc), how many accepted candidate confirmed the offer for R2, and 28 unknown status.

R 3
-August 7th out of 7: 6 accepted
-August 14th out of 6: 3 accepted(unknow their final decision), 1 waiting list, 1 unknow, 1 been rejected
Out of 7 interviewed on Aug 10, 5 admitted, 1 wait listed and 1 rejected.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear All,

Any clue how many seats already occupied and how many are waitlisted ? Some of the Aug and Sept interviews are pending - so roughly 30 seats should be available.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NS1234 wrote:
Dear All,

Any clue how many seats already occupied and how many are waitlisted ? Some of the Aug and Sept interviews are pending - so roughly 30 seats should be available.

Thanks

Hi,

I count 56 people on the official portal. I believe this figure includes only those who have made the first deposit (to guarantee their seat on the programme).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Is anybody attending IMD interview process on September 28? Since I will be there on that day, I would like to know the fellow comrades. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Qwerty
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
qwertytime wrote:
Is anybody attending IMD interview process on September 28? Since I will be there on that day, I would like to know the fellow comrades. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Qwerty

Hi

Me too, same date. What is your profile? Anyone else here for the same date? Its good to know each other before we actually meet :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
sheeljaitley wrote:
qwertytime wrote:

Qwerty

Hi

Me too, same date. What is your profile? Anyone else here for the same date? Its good to know each other before we actually meet :)

sheeljaitley,

You can email your coordinator and ask to be put in touch with others in your group if you are willing to organise a get-together. That's what one bright guy from our group (Sep 17) did and we all met for dinner/drinks the night before, which helped on the assessment day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As far as I am aware the intervies for R4 applicants started on 7 September and are running on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I applied on 1 August at 23:05 and received a call on Friday, 24 August at around 17:20 (a surprise!). For the interview I took the first possible date, which was 7 September. I felt so tense from 24 August all the way through today that I didn't even feel like sharing my experience. I know that some of the other candidates employed the same tactics. (And we followed this thread wondering why no one is posting!)

I asked Marine to forward my contact to other candidates for the interview so 4 of us met the evening before the interview. I strongly recommend it, a bit of familiarity helps in reducing the tension. After all, your profiles are likely to be quite different and none of the other candidates is a threat to you.

Finally, my call came today at 18:23 CET. I am in, yaaay. I am a female from Slovenia with strong results in academia and project manager experience. I doubt that anyone can match my profile. :) I heard only from one other candidate, I think he got a call shortly after I did.

For your lists:
- September 7th - out of 6: (2 accepted, 4 unknown).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
dakooldude wrote:
Hi guys,

Have been away from this forum, because I had my assessment day in on the 15th May, and was travelling in france after that. Although I must say, I didn't enjoy the beautiful weather of the south, because my thoughts were mostly elsewhere, worrying about whether IMD will accept me or not.

I got a call from them today at 0830 (swiss time) and they have offered me a place. Now next challenge: funding.

Anyway, this forum has been really helpful and let me add to all those great posts that people have posted describing their assessment days in 2012 and 2013.

1. Impromptu case: No need for preparation. You can just practice a bit on transparency and try making 3 slides for short cases. The case would be a really one-page case and anyone will be able to give recommendations. Really very simple, just monitor time and be organized on paper and on slides. tips:
a) Don't make more than 3/4 slides, for you'll run out of time (5 min. and yes they'll stop you.)
b) Tell them what you are going to tell them, Tell them, and Tell them what you told them (always have a summary slide which synthesizes all you say).
c) Every one will have the same problem, so unless you are going first, don't repeat the problem, will save you some time.
d) There is a men's room near the interview rooms. In your break (after the preparation and before the presentations) go there and practice in front of the huge mirror; time yourself. Practice gives confidence, and confidence improves performance.
e) The group will have to come back and will be given additional info. Please work well together. No need to assert your point strongly to the group. If you guys come up with a brilliant plan because of you, but you were obnoxious to one or two people, you won't get through. Team-work is the name of the game.

2. Big Case - you'll be given a case which will be discussed by an IMD teacher to see how you interact with the group and simulate a real class. This I think is the easiest part of the day. Tips:
a) Pre-prepare - I don't think we shouldn't pre-prepare, as some people advised. Google google and then google. You'd find some thing or the other. If you know a bit about the history of the case or what happened next, it will only improve your understanding and you'd definitely be able to contribute.
b) Just relax. You will be with many people and focus will only be on you when you are speaking
c) When speaking be polite, find a good chance to speak, don't cut-off any body; basics really.
d) Add your perspective on the matter, your personal spin. e.g. In my city/country this happens and so this company won't perform well. It will add variety to the discussion.
e) You will be asked to do a few tasks in groups. Here is where you need to watch out. Be a team player! Courteous, kind and allowing. Draw in somebody who is not speaking (brownie points there)
f) Finally, speak little, but speak sense and add something new or build on somebody else's comments

3. Interview - Standard is the word here. Although I had one at the end of the day and it was anything but standard; quick, and a pressure kind: Everybody wants to do this these days, you are over-confident etc. But don't worry, rest of the gang had a standard interview. why MBA/IMD sort.
a) Again, prepare.
b) Use the loo if you want to, to practice
c) I listed the stories that I wanted to share and matched them with questions i could anticipate.
d) I used a SARR template (Situation, Actions I took, Result and Reflection); It just makes your stories concise and to the point. Add the learning bit to it, just tells the other person that you are somebody who reflects on his actions/successes/failures.
e) Be yourself, and be confident. They are just testing you. Try to warm up your speaking, by narrating your stories or your history, or your CV with the participants on that day, so that you are warmed up and will fire away from the start in your interview.

Good luck to all.

Oh yes, we had 8 people; in true IMD style: a Pakistani (me), a brazillian, an israeli, a swiss, a polish, a russian, a greek, an american. (Latest news: 4 selected, 1 waitlisted, others - don't know)

dakooldude, this is one of the most comprehensive post I have come across. As an interviewee attending the interview process on Sep 28, this post will help me a lot. I must say you are cool and you are a dude. Hats off to you!
NOTE: We need a hats-off or tip-of-the-hat smiley :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Tamala wrote:
As far as I am aware the intervies for R4 applicants started on 7 September and are running on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I applied on 1 August at 23:05 and received a call on Friday, 24 August at around 17:20 (a surprise!). For the interview I took the first possible date, which was 7 September. I felt so tense from 24 August all the way through today that I didn't even feel like sharing my experience. I know that some of the other candidates employed the same tactics. (And we followed this thread wondering why no one is posting!)

I asked Marine to forward my contact to other candidates for the interview so 4 of us met the evening before the interview. I strongly recommend it, a bit of familiarity helps in reducing the tension. After all, your profiles are likely to be quite different and none of the other candidates is a threat to you.

Finally, my call came today at 18:23 CET. I am in, yaaay. I am a female from Slovenia with strong results in academia and project manager experience. I doubt that anyone can match my profile. :) I heard only from one other candidate, I think he got a call shortly after I did.

For your lists:
- September 7th - out of 6: (2 accepted, 4 unknown).

Congratulations Tamala!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts