Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:30 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink]
I didn't send any update only confirmation...i guess they only answer if you send extra info
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I also received confirmation but I didn't send any update.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
wow.. this thread is dead dead dead in the bush... pump it up!

Just say hi ppl. maybe there are only three ppl left on the list lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah nobody talks anymore! How are you doing? Only three days to go...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I wonder how many people are still on the waitlist. Any idea if there might be calls going out on Friday?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hell, because of this **** LBS waitlist, I am still struggling to motivate myself for this year's app season...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
this will remain the most stressful 5 months of my life.... (yes, rejection doesnt hurt me... indecision does..)

Per my previous analyses, most of us WILL BE dinged in 2 days... Nothing more painful than that for me

And hopefully LBS handles this better next time... for instance these guys apparently have been reading our files every one month..... Cant they simply have a ranking system and make a decision on September 1st (3 days after class start)...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am not feeling any stress right now about the upcoming decision.

I figured that it is not the end of the world, (or maybe it will be in few months ......2012.........)
But I probably will not apply next year to this school, just dont really respect the way they treat candidates. I am hoping that they actually want me for next year, and I am going to reject the offer rite before the deadline for tuition down payment. lol

Please pray for my dream come true~~~~

FrozenTongue wrote:
this will remain the most stressful 5 months of my life.... (yes, rejection doesnt hurt me... indecision does..)

Per my previous analyses, most of us WILL BE dinged in 2 days... Nothing more painful than that for me

And hopefully LBS handles this better next time... for instance these guys apparently have been reading our files every one month..... Cant they simply have a ranking system and make a decision on September 1st (3 days after class start)...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I agree i started writting essays for other schools but inthe end stoped cause without knowing about lbs... So in the end it isn't just the ding in mid september but also the fact that you can't focus in anything else.

To me it seemed that last year there were more dings than in 2010, but that's only the impresion i got from reading the threads...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do you guys really think we are all gonna get dinged in friday???

I still had hope but maybe i am being naive!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dont worry too much,

I think we will either all get dinged or all get in!

and I envision the latter

capataz3 wrote:
Do you guays really think we are all gonna get dinged in frinday???

I still had hope but maybe i am being naive!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hehehehe that's what i like to thinks too but maybe it would be too good to be true.

I have heard that in a talk offered by admissions last year someone asked about the waitlist and the people that waiting almost a year to get an answer from the school. They said they knew it was a problem and that it wasn't going to happen again but here we are...

I think it's really bad for the school because it giges a bad image...i have friends that are not going to apply after seing what has ahppened to me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
I was just going through the thread and made a list of us who could possibly still be on the waitlist (although some haven't confirmed their status in a while)

Iceman1312
AlexanderSA
espee
Sculler
capataz3
someone79
fdo
FrozenTongue
duffman26
nacyrio
vintron
alinata
LatinAmericanMBA
theghostwhowalks
mbamission1987

That's 15 ppl! Assuming even if 10 confirmed their willingness to attend next year's class, at least some of us should get admits. If I don't get in, I will definitely send them a long stinker email on how ridiculously their waitlist is managed (hoping that wont be required though).

Anyways best of luck guys!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nice rant session... LBS deserves it. :p..

Over that check the following post in LBS 2012 thread:

farjad00 wrote:
Hi Guys,

A while back I was going through London Business School's website and I noticed that details on HSBC Loan program, which used to be there are not there anymore. Out of concern I emailed them around 11 days back inquiring about the arrangement and today (yes after 11 days!!!) I got this reply:

Dear Dalai Lama,

Unfortunately, the HSBC Loan Scheme is currently unavailable due to technical issues. Please refer to the ‘financing your course’ section of our website in order to find more information regarding alternative sources of funding:

https://www.london.edu/programmes/financingyourcour...

Kind regards,

Then I went through the 'alternative sources' mentioned on the website and I concluded it would only work for you if:

a) You are company sponsored
b) You are a US, UK or an EU student
c) You have got a stash of cash

Since I don't fall into any of the above I am actually concerned about the issue (not that I have got an admission offer but still) and anyone who was planning on making use of the HSBC arrangement should be as well I guess. Would love to have your thoughts on it especially any round 1 admits....

Also, what exactly does "currently unavailable due to technical issues" mean or imply? Me is lost....YELP!!
Manager
Manager
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
duffman26 wrote:
I was just going through the thread and made a list of us who could possibly still be on the waitlist (although some haven't confirmed their status in a while)

Iceman1312
AlexanderSA
espee
Sculler
capataz3
someone79
fdo
FrozenTongue
duffman26
nacyrio
vintron
alinata
LatinAmericanMBA
theghostwhowalks
mbamission1987

That's 15 ppl! Assuming even if 10 confirmed their willingness to attend next year's class, at least some of us should get admits. If I don't get in, I will definitely send them a long stinker email on how ridiculously their waitlist is managed (hoping that wont be required though).

How is this possible? Hasn't the LBS term started already? Man, that's some patience you guys have! I thought only INSEAD played with the WL applicants but till keeping you in the WL till mid-september will definitely spill over to the next app cycle!

Bravo folks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The guys still on the waitlist are all waiting for next year's admission decision, as LBS already informed us over two weeks ago this year's class has already started.

BUT, I do have a good feeling about this, QE3 is coming today~ and EU meeting tmw morning, cooperative actions from EU and US - rescue LBS's funding shortage!!!!~~ Let's boost this economy to inflation, lol

AVbyT wrote:
duffman26 wrote:

Iceman1312
AlexanderSA
espee
Sculler
capataz3
someone79
fdo
FrozenTongue
duffman26
nacyrio
vintron
alinata
LatinAmericanMBA
theghostwhowalks
mbamission1987

How is this possible? Hasn't the LBS term started already? Man, that's some patience you guys have! I thought only INSEAD played with the WL applicants but till keeping you in the WL till mid-september will definitely spill over to the next app cycle!

Bravo folks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got a ding

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7