Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Status:Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 314 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Re: Welcome to the NEW GMAT Club [#permalink]
I love the new site, but I'm getting server/Obj errors when I try accessing the GMAT Score Calculator converter. Is there a new link for this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulation on getting the new look and features published!
I am still amazed at the dedication and efficiency the whole admin team is putting into this great forum.

bb What would be the easiest for any suggestions/ questions on the new layout and functionnality?
This thread or dedicated threads covering the different aspects of the updated GMATClub?

Here are some comments/ critics after a quick browsing (they are more about the UI / UX):

#1 - like the general theme. Cleaner and more modern looking. The color combinations greys - blues and pops of orange works nicely. Guessing I should thank the guys at DeeP?

#2 - there is an inconsistency between the different pages below the dark blue/ greyish header
There are 2 blue bands underneath the header on the home/ market place/blog pages. Don't really like it or see why you would need the difference.

#3 - Can't remember whether this was possible in the previous layout, but I couldn't find how to view my own posts?
Seems that an icon on the left side on the right of the 'My Profile' link and icon would be beneficial.

#4 - The +1 Kudo orange button seems to be wider than the others ones (Follow / Send PM) or maybe it's the Follow / Following ones that are not the same width?
In any case, would keep the width consistent for all states of the buttons.
When the kudo is awarded, why not have a grey button rather than just a link saying +1 point awarded. Someting similar to the Following grey button.

#5 - Icon for the 'GMAT Test User' in the profile area. I though you had an icon similar to the 'GMAT Tool Kit User'?
The new icon doesn't really match. Not sure if the new CAT Tests would need an updated icon but still with the same theme.

#6 - 'Doc/ Thread Icons in the forums. I was a bit confused at first and the color difference between the blue (New Posts) and Grey (No new post) is a bit hard to see.
Maybe use some of the orange/ grey color combo?
Ultimately figured out the announcement/ pinned / topic / hot topic but they were hard to differenciate at first. Maybe a tad small...

#7 - 'KUDOS' and 'EXPERT REPLY' text in the header. Those are too small.

#8 - Sorting using the headers. I really like the ability to do that.
2 comments:
8a/ not really obvious at first - maybe a double arrow up and down in the non sorted state to indicate the functionality?
maybe use a white double arrow and orange up or down arrows
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2375 ... n-question
to see what I mean.
This would solve visual issue you have when switching between the 'Kudos' vs 'Kudos v'.

8b/ Sorting the data is obviously pulling data from other pages etc...which unfortunately make the column widths vary.
Could the width of the first columns Icon / Kudos / Expert be fixed?

Those comments will likely make me seem crazy... Don't worry I'm fine...just detailed oriented!

Great job again on pulling this off!
Greg
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello. I have studied for the old version of Gmat.However, I don't understand if there are distinct differences between the old and new gmat.Can you shed light on this matter?I study the 16th version of Barron's. Is it approriate for the new gmat or i should buy a new book?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-15-2012
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
its really good.......GMATCLUB gona rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
GreginChicago wrote:
Congratulation on getting the new look and features published!
I am still amazed at the dedication and efficiency the whole admin team is putting into this great forum.

bb What would be the easiest for any suggestions/ questions on the new layout and functionnality?
This thread or dedicated threads covering the different aspects of the updated GMATClub?

Here are some comments/ critics after a quick browsing (they are more about the UI / UX):

#1 - like the general theme. Cleaner and more modern looking. The color combinations greys - blues and pops of orange works nicely. Guessing I should thank the guys at DeeP?

Thank you. Probably them :)

Quote:
#2 - there is an inconsistency between the different pages below the dark blue/ greyish header
There are 2 blue bands underneath the header on the home/ market place/blog pages. Don't really like it or see why you would need the difference.

Yes, we will be working those out in the next 2 months - there is a huge amount of work involved in the User Profile.

Quote:
#3 - Can't remember whether this was possible in the previous layout, but I couldn't find how to view my own posts?
Seems that an icon on the left side on the right of the 'My Profile' link and icon would be beneficial.

We have added it back. Thank you.

Quote:
#4 - The +1 Kudo orange button seems to be wider than the others ones (Follow / Send PM) or maybe it's the Follow / Following ones that are not the same width?
In any case, would keep the width consistent for all states of the buttons.
When the kudo is awarded, why not have a grey button rather than just a link saying +1 point awarded. Someting similar to the Following grey button.

Thanks - will look into it!

Quote:
#5 - Icon for the 'GMAT Test User' in the profile area. I though you had an icon similar to the 'GMAT Tool Kit User'?
The new icon doesn't really match. Not sure if the new CAT Tests would need an updated icon but still with the same theme.

We have changed it. Thank you.

Quote:
#6 - 'Doc/ Thread Icons in the forums. I was a bit confused at first and the color difference between the blue (New Posts) and Grey (No new post) is a bit hard to see.
Maybe use some of the orange/ grey color combo?
Ultimately figured out the announcement/ pinned / topic / hot topic but they were hard to differenciate at first. Maybe a tad small...

Yes - agree and working on a larger version.

Quote:
#7 - 'KUDOS' and 'EXPERT REPLY' text in the header. Those are too small.

Yes, and we are looking for a better solution right now though this is what it is for now.

Quote:
#8 - Sorting using the headers. I really like the ability to do that.
2 comments:
8a/ not really obvious at first - maybe a double arrow up and down in the non sorted state to indicate the functionality?
maybe use a white double arrow and orange up or down arrows
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2375 ... n-question
to see what I mean.
This would solve visual issue you have when switching between the 'Kudos' vs 'Kudos v'.

Thank you. I like the idea of arrows.

Quote:
8b/ Sorting the data is obviously pulling data from other pages etc...which unfortunately make the column widths vary.
Could the width of the first columns Icon / Kudos / Expert be fixed?

Thank you. Yes.

Quote:
Those comments will likely make me seem crazy... Don't worry I'm fine...just detailed oriented!

Great job again on pulling this off!
Greg

Thank you very much!
Anything else, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I clicked 'confirm' to convert from the old test format to the new test format but got some error message. Now I can't access either format :( What's going on???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I need OG 13 can please some one help me ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
anshbond wrote:
I need OG 13 can please some one help me ??

https://www.amazon.com/The-Official-Guid ... th+edition

You're welcome.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It provides 24 hours pick and drop luxury services.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
24 hours cars on rental services available.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
There are many companies available who provide car rental services .
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CAT
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-02-2013
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
how to get access to all gmat club tests?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone!
thanks a lot nice udates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 861 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I used to be an old and regular member of the GmatClub. I took the GMAT in 2005 Dec, and got a decent score (730). However, due to personal and professional reasons, never got to do my MBA. 7 years later, I am planning to get back. I guess it is never too late to take it, as long as you have the drive and motivation in place. But, how times have changed. GmatClub has changed it's interface radically, and so has the format of the exam itself (the new IR section). I will be an active participant of this forum, so you will hear more from me.

Thanks
DMD

EDIT - Forgot to mention that my GMAT scores have long expired... so it back to square one for me.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72862 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Darth_McDaddy wrote:
I used to be an old and regular member of the GmatClub. I took the GMAT in 2005 Dec, and got a decent score (730). However, due to personal and professional reasons, never got to do my MBA. 7 years later, I am planning to get back. I guess it is never too late to take it, as long as you have the drive and motivation in place. But, how times have changed. GmatClub has changed it's interface radically, and so has the format of the exam itself (the new IR section). I will be an active participant of this forum, so you will hear more from me.

Thanks
DMD

Welcome back!
I think your Avatar may have gotten lost over the years so if you have a chance, please upload a new one.

Good luck with the new wave of prep and again, welcome back!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I found your forum site more user-friendly and fantastic. Keep it up guys.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Thank you for free grammar book. I am sure it is excellent material.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3