Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Said (S) Judge
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Ask Saïd Business School Admissions [#permalink]
debayan222 wrote:
Is Saïd Business School Adcom still active in this thread...?

Moderators-can you please confirm...?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
OxfordSBSAdmissions wrote:
Welcome to the official Saïd Business School Ask Admissions Thread!

The admissions team at Saïd Business School, Oxford University, would like to welcome everyone to this thread and offer an opportunity to ask questions about our one year MBA programme, Executive MBA programme or any other course run by the School. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

The Oxford MBA is a one-year top ranked MBA course comprising an intensive series of stimulating lectures, energetic seminars and small group work, which can take students anywhere in the world.

Feel free to ask us any questions about the programme, application process or our entry requirements.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Oxford University
Saïd Business School

Popular Links

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxAU88LxLis[/youtube]

Connect with us

[list]
[*]Facebook
[*]Twitter
[*]Youtube
[*]Oxford MBA blog
Isn't worth it. I hate oxford lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Greetings everyone,

First of all, my case may be a bit confusing for a lot of people, and my background story is also very interesting:

So, upon the last few days of my high school, I was notified by Universities that I applied to, that I do not fulfill the English language requirements. My high school average was really good and I was going for medical studies. My guidance counselor failed to mention this to me that I require 3 high school english courses (I came to Canada in grade 11 and they did not feel the need to put me in ESL, so I just took grade 11 and 12 english and scored pretty high).

Anyway, I wrote my TOEFL and in the meanwhile, went to a local university that took me in based on exceptional case (but not a very good school). I never wanted to be there so I didn't care much about studies and after my TOEFL score was in, I applied to school in Michigan and got in. But by that time, I had wasted some good amount of time (3 semesters) with below par grades (2.0 GPA)

Once in US, I switched to Engineering and did not do great in the beginning, but then picked it up and made it to Dean's list twice (3.89 once and 3.57 the second time). I believe my last 2 years average is 3.4 although overall is 3.01

After school, I have been working as a Consultant for more than 4 years now (in a multi-national management consulting company - mid sized) and have been consulting for major OEMS in Auto and Aviation industries.

My question is, what will I require in order to get into a top tier MBA school. Is my GPA good enough? With that GPA and about 4+ years of Consulting experience, how much GMAT score will I require? I am assuming something in north of 750? A thing to note is that I got promoted 3 times in 4 years
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Oxford Said Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Oxford Said Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Oxford Said Forum for all fresh things related to the Oxford Said MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts