Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Re-applicant to NYU Stern Part-time - need advice [#permalink]
Is there any particular consultant you would recommend who -

- has experience with re-applications
- knows the requirements for NYU Stern's Langone (part-time) program
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I cannot help you with specific admission consultant recommendations but please browse the Admission Consultants thread to get a better idea of the consultants active around here. You might want to get in touch with them and get a feel about their experience with this particular school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would you suggest enrolling for any courses at a university or community college that will be considered a plus by the admission com ?
I am thinking of registering for 1 or 2 courses and mention in the essays that I did that to better prepare myself for MBA.

What will be the ideal course, something in finance ? or Marketing ? Leadership ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody applying for Spring 2013 for the Langone program ?
Any re-applicants ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I also got dinged for fall 2012, reworked my whole application including my gmat and applied again for spring 2013 a day before the deadline. There are multiple online resources that are out there that helped me in the reapplication process. But i think the most important factor was raising my gmat score from 620 to 700, as well as being more clear and precise in my essays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pdplink wrote:
I also got dinged for fall 2012, reworked my whole application including my gmat and applied again for spring 2013 a day before the deadline. There are multiple online resources that are out there that helped me in the reapplication process. But i think the most important factor was raising my gmat score from 620 to 700, as well as being more clear and precise in my essays.

pdplink,
I havent applied yet. got a little lazy. do you mind sharing the online resources you found helpful ?
really appreciate your support.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Whenever you reapply to any school, first of all remember that you have to specifically address what is different between your candidacy this year and the year when you applied.
Further, I always recommend that you write a totally new application including writing new essays as what you did in the past did not work and may not show your best work.
Lastly, I would attend every admissions event you possibly can so that admissions can see your interest and commitment to enrolling in the program.

Getting into NYU as a re-applicant is not impossible, but the process has to be handled properly. We have a well developed admissions consulting program and successfully advise many re-applicants who gain admissions to their programs of choice.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
joenorthy wrote:
pdplink wrote:

pdplink,
I havent applied yet. got a little lazy. do you mind sharing the online resources you found helpful ?
really appreciate your support.

Mba mission, Admissionado, and accepted provides a great deal of free resources. It mostly helped me on my essay writing. For the Gmat, I reused the books that I bought. Read through kaplan 2012 and completed all the problems in official gmat and princeton review as well.
GMAT Club Bot