Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: LBS '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: LBS Masters in Management 2014 [#permalink]
Thanks for that piece of info. So the earlier I apply, the higher are my chances of getting through right? What about toefl or ielts for international students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
bump
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Anyone interview yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Hey guys,

I've applied for the Sep-2013 intake. I submitted my application on 10th of Jan. Does anyone have any idea how long does it usually
take for LBS to shortlist for the interviews?

My Profile:
GMAT:720(Q:50,V:38)
Undergrad: Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur (GPA:2.9/5)- the low GPA is a concern but was mainly due to me falling sick repeatedly during my 2nd and 3rd year. But as the college is one of the top 4 in my country, I feel that should help.

anyone else who has applied yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It should take about a month. If you explained that low GPA in the optional essay, you should get an interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is it advisable to study in London given UK's current situation? I have also applied for HEC Paris and wanted to know which would be a better option.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
After being waitlisted for a few weeks, I finally got in. Not sure if I will attend, though...

raghunathb1411 wrote:
Is it advisable to study in London given UK's current situation? I have also applied for HEC Paris and wanted to know which would be a better option.

LBS always ranks above HEC. Considering Europe's current situation, why would studying at LBS be worse than studying at HEC? That being said, both are excellent programs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am thinking along the lines that HEC mim will take 2.5 years atleast and that may give enough time for the job market to improve.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Hey everyone,

Good luck on your applications from a former MiM student. One piece of advice though: unless you have an exceptional circumstance, like a severe illness, I wouldn't recommend making excuses for low(er) GPAs, GMAT scores, etc. I'm a bit disappointed to see all the excuses going on in this thread. There will be many days at LBS or in your future careers where you'll feel unwell, tired, or just plain unmotivated but will be expected to perform at your best. LBS wants students who reflect the school's values, and this attitude does not fit into those values at all. To be fair, being able to promote yourself well MAY be enough to get hired at SOME companies. But once you start working, references and promotions will depend on being able to back this up with a strong performance and work ethic every single day, not just the days when you're feeling in top form. Time spent making excuses could be better spent improving your skills, or, in an interview, highlighting your strengths instead of areas of weakness :-)

ETA: Please use proper spelling and grammar when contacting anyone in a professional capacity, such as alumni. My colleagues and I often receive ill thought out emails from prospective students that are addressed to the wrong person, overly aggressive or expectant in tone, or full of spelling and grammatical errors. If you would not write this way on your LBS application, please don't write this way when you contact alumni. It shows a lack of respect for the LBS community, which is the heart of the school. We are very happy to help prospective candidates but are unable to take applicants seriously if they can't conduct themselves in a professional manner. If admitted to LBS you will receive access to a directory of all alumni and it is very important that the school does not admit students who will abuse this network or conduct themselves in a way that makes the MiM program look bad.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@KAS I had back to back bouts of malaria followed by an appendicitis surgery. But you're right, I should not make excuses. Ill just focus on the fact that I have learnt from my experience to cope with tough situations and if I face them again, ill be ready to handle them better.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hello,

I'm not going to apply this year but I have a question:
How good is the MiM of LBS ? I haven't been able to find anything about it in the FT rankings.
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ement-2012

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I'm preparing to apply LBS MIM 2014 now. I started quite late since I just comfirmed I can graduate this summer. (1 year ahead)

My Profile:
24/M
Several languages: English, French, Chinese, Finnish. A little bit Bengalese.
GMAT:680(Q:49,V:34), gonna retake next week
Undergrad:
Aalto University School of Business (Helsinki School of Economics), major strategy, minor marketing. Finish in 2 years (normally 3 years).
GPA:4.58/5
Work experience:
started my own biz for 3 times(failed 3 times :D), then joined a founding team of a startup last May (succeed!). Managed several big projects.
Extracurricular:
Fine. VP of a school club, some social activities. I can't find extra time for this since I need to take care of the company and my GPA :) I think I did great job on this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JustMsk wrote:
Hello,

I'm not going to apply this year but I have a question:
How good is the MiM of LBS ? I haven't been able to find anything about it in the FT rankings.
https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ement-2012

Thank you!

The reason it isn't ranked is because rankings only take programs that have completed 3 batches. Predicted to be on the top once it is ranked in the 2013 rankings

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
raghunathb1411 wrote:
The reason it isn't ranked is because rankings only take programs that have completed 3 batches. Predicted to be on the top once it is ranked in the 2013 rankings

Thanks for the answer. Good luck with your application!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I ended up declining LBS' offer. Good luck to those attending next year!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
KAS1986 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Good luck on your applications from a former MiM student. One piece of advice though: unless you have an exceptional circumstance, like a severe illness, I wouldn't recommend making excuses for low(er) GPAs, GMAT scores, etc. I'm a bit disappointed to see all the excuses going on in this thread. There will be many days at LBS or in your future careers where you'll feel unwell, tired, or just plain unmotivated but will be expected to perform at your best. LBS wants students who reflect the school's values, and this attitude does not fit into those values at all. To be fair, being able to promote yourself well MAY be enough to get hired at SOME companies. But once you start working, references and promotions will depend on being able to back this up with a strong performance and work ethic every single day, not just the days when you're feeling in top form. Time spent making excuses could be better spent improving your skills, or, in an interview, highlighting your strengths instead of areas of weakness :-)

ETA: Please use proper spelling and grammar when contacting anyone in a professional capacity, such as alumni. My colleagues and I often receive ill thought out emails from prospective students that are addressed to the wrong person, overly aggressive or expectant in tone, or full of spelling and grammatical errors. If you would not write this way on your LBS application, please don't write this way when you contact alumni. It shows a lack of respect for the LBS community, which is the heart of the school. We are very happy to help prospective candidates but are unable to take applicants seriously if they can't conduct themselves in a professional manner. If admitted to LBS you will receive access to a directory of all alumni and it is very important that the school does not admit students who will abuse this network or conduct themselves in a way that makes the MiM program look bad.

Not sure if serious or..

I really hope you are kidding though.
In case not, good luck becoming master of the universe, I wish you all the best.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts