Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 02-02-2013
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51448 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 02-02-2013
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Re: Should I purchase anymore books? [#permalink]
Thanks for the advice everyone - I have already taken the GMAT once. I was not happy with my score because in two parts I ran out of time and had to start guessing on the last 5 questions or so. Quant is my weakness, but even on verbal I had to rush my last 3 questions. I have horrible test anxiety as well. I guess what I'm looking for is something that helps me to recongize what type of question is being asked and how to execute it. On my first GMAT test i'd see a question and freak out and end up wasting a good few seconds trying to figure ok what do I do!!! I think what I have failed to do during preperation is to learn the types of questions that are on the GMAT and realize oh this is the process I need to use.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
If test anxiety is what bogs you down, you can take a look at this post by bmillan01: gmat-anxiety-99374.html . You can also refer to the MGMAT GMAT Roadmap for additional help.

As Souvik has aptly put it, books are what you make out of them. 'Technically' speaking, you already have sufficient resources to help you take the 'G' out of GMAT (look who's talking :P ) but what worked for someone can not necessarily be generalized. You've got to figure that out for yourself, but in order to do so you need to first start working on what you have at hand. If you are having trouble with the types of problem tested, you need more practice. MGMAT books cover all types of questions, and then you can practice from the PR or OGs. Take CATs in timed environment too and that will help substantially as far as timing and anxiety are concerned. Another advantage of being a GMATClub member is, hold your breath (but for not too long :P ) TADAAAA : viewforumtags.php (types, you said? :wink: )

Lets keep practicing :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
I feel that most important thing that GMAT books do is teach concepts. The MGMAT books will be great for this. Once you understand the material, you need to practice, practice, and practice. I think that your money could be better spent on question banks. Also, whenever you do practice problems make sure to always review the explanations even if you get the question correct. This will help your recognize what the questions are really asking.
GMAT Club Bot