Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
aspiringmbawoman wrote:
Hi,

I'm curious as to whether or not I should disclose I have ADHD on my option essay. I was recently diagnosed in the past year. My undergraduate GPA and GMAT are good, but not fantastic. My concern is mainly about some holes in my transcript and one of the GMAT sessions where I essentially bombed. I think having this as an undiagnosed condition, while it did not hinder me from having a successful career, does explain for some blemishes in my academic accomplishments.

Thank you.

Hi aspiringmbawoman,
I understand your concerned. There is an optional essay (#6) in the application form where you can express your concerns or provide additional explanation about yourself. If you feel like this is something you wish the admission committee to know, then essay #6 is were you can tell us about your condition.

Kind regards,
Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I read your reply whether INSEAD will admit someone who just finished college. I am wondering what if someone took a gap year before graduation from college and worked for 1 year. will you consider his application then? thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Camille,
I am planning to apply for January 2014 class of INSEAD. But I am little apprehensive about the economic scenario due to Euro crisis.
It would be great if you can share some information on the impact of euro crisis on placements in INSEAD.
Bloomberg : "Euro-Region Unemployment Rate Rises to Record 11.4% on Crisis" . This has made me to think again about my decision to apply. What will be the impact of rise in euro unemployement rates on career prospects for INSEAD passouts.

Regards
Amit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

I am looking for a consulting career in the Financial services space post an MBA. Can you please throw some light on career prospects in this domain post an Insead MBA?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi, I have applied on 3rd Oct 2012, there is a section for additional recommendations, I had a query whether this is a requirement and if not can we submit an additional recommendation after submission....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi, INSEAD website says I need to submit my original degree to complete my application. Can I submit an attested photocopy instead?
Also, is it alright if it reaches to you couple of days after deadline? Needless to say I will upload softcopy for your reference in the mean while.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi adcom,

It has been less than a year since I graduated from iim Calcutta with a PGDM. I aspire to move into strategy consulting and grow in the field. I believe INSEAD is the right school for me. I think applying now would place me on the right career path at the right time.

I understand the problems with reapplication and want to score on my first time. Are you willing to consider my application given that I recently completed my first mba? I have four years experience and a good profile otherwise.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Dear GMATClub community,

Sorry i haven't been great at replying to your posts this past 2 months. October and November are our busiest months of the year. To all who have submitted their application for Round 2 yesterday, thanks for your interest in our school :-) I wish you the best of success for the process and hope to get the chance to welcome you on the Fontainebleau campus one day!

Camille
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Camille. I have a couple of questions please.

* Is there a link where I can check the time schedule for courses? I would like to understand better how a typical week would look like.
* Can you comment on the typical number of points that are needed to bid for a campus exchange. In my case, I applied for September entry in Singapore and I would like to gauge my chances of spending P3-5 or P4-5 in France.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi camille

I work with one of the Largest automobile firm in India and for one of the most prestigious groups in the country. I was till recently in a particular profile and have just moved into a new role and hence the amount of info on the role that i would provide would be minimal.how do i overcome this?
Again, my new supervisor knows very little about me yet, and hence can I ask my previous supervisor to recommend me as he has knowm me for over two years now and can give a better reference.

Also, how are people in the sales profession or channel management function looked upon by the Insead adcom? considering you must have applications from bankers, cconsultants and even doctors etc
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Camille,

I am applying to INSEAD for January 2014 and have a question regarding the language policy. My secondary schooling was completed in English, however, I took a second language throughout my 12-year schooling career and this class was taught and tested exclusively in that language. Would the results of my final secondary school exam for this language be acceptable as an entry language or will I be required to obtain a separate proficiency certification?

Thank you.
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
Hi Camille. I have a couple of questions please.

* Is there a link where I can check the time schedule for courses? I would like to understand better how a typical week would look like.
* Can you comment on the typical number of points that are needed to bid for a campus exchange. In my case, I applied for September entry in Singapore and I would like to gauge my chances of spending P3-5 or P4-5 in France.

Thanks!

Hi Ducksworth,
First i'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a great New Year! I wish you great success in your GMAT tests and Business School Applications!!

Alright, let's get down to it!
Question 1: It is difficult to describe a 'typical' week as our students' schedule will look very different if they're in P1-P2 or P3-P4-P5. We have posted on our website a week in the life of 2 students. One in P2 the other in P5 here is the link: https://mba.insead.edu/student_life/

Question 2: Unfortunately, i can't tell you much more about the exact number of points you would need to bit, simply because it's a closed bidding system and the outcome will depend on what other students have bid too... But do not worry as we will provide you all the necessary info you need to make an educated bid as well as previous bidding 'price' for campus exchange and electives.

Warm regards from snowy Fontainebleau!!
Camille
Send PM
vikrav wrote:
Hi camille

I work with one of the Largest automobile firm in India and for one of the most prestigious groups in the country. I was till recently in a particular profile and have just moved into a new role and hence the amount of info on the role that i would provide would be minimal.how do i overcome this?
Again, my new supervisor knows very little about me yet, and hence can I ask my previous supervisor to recommend me as he has knowm me for over two years now and can give a better reference.

Also, how are people in the sales profession or channel management function looked upon by the Insead adcom? considering you must have applications from bankers, cconsultants and even doctors etc

Hi Vikrav,

Congrats on the new position! Of course it is acceptable to ask your previous supervisor to write your recommendation letter instead of your current one. The important is indeed to ask recommendation from someone who knows you well.
Now, you know that INSEAD promotes diversity. Well, this goes beyond nationality and languages, it's also about diversity of background and experiences. We wouldn't want a classroom only full of bankers or consultants or of any unique profession for that matter. There would be no challenge and no fun! We believe our students learn tremendously from their peers and therefore we welcome candidates from all sectors.

Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
nasreenpatel wrote:
Hi Camille,

I am applying to INSEAD for January 2014 and have a question regarding the language policy. My secondary schooling was completed in English, however, I took a second language throughout my 12-year schooling career and this class was taught and tested exclusively in that language. Would the results of my final secondary school exam for this language be acceptable as an entry language or will I be required to obtain a separate proficiency certification?

Thank you.

Hi nasreenpatel,
I'm not so sure i understand your situation correctly. I see you are from South Africa, so let me ask you a question: Which of English or African do you consider your mother tongue?
If African, then the fact you have conducted your university education in English will waive the English language certification
If English, then you need a university major in African (or whatever other language) to waive the language certification. But as a native English speaker, we allow you a bit more time to get back to us with the entry language certification ie you can provide us with this certification after the application deadline. Depending on the intake you're applying check the dates here: https://mba.insead.edu/faq/LanguagePolicy.cfm#englishismynativelanguage
"If you are joining the programme in September, you will need to provide certification of your second language no later than 1 June. If you are joining the programme in January, you will need to provide certification of your second language no later than 1 November. Accepted certifications are listed in the Language Policy."

I hope this answer your question...
Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
pkdy wrote:
Hi, INSEAD website says I need to submit my original degree to complete my application. Can I submit an attested photocopy instead?
Also, is it alright if it reaches to you couple of days after deadline? Needless to say I will upload softcopy for your reference in the mean while.

Hi Pkdy,
I realise my reply comes really late and you certainly figured this out by now... But this is a question that comes back all the time so i think it is worth me answering it :lol:
1- For the application deadline and to be able to start the assessment of your file, we only need the electronic version of your transcripts and diplomas
2- If you are selected for an interview, only then will we request to see your original documents. You can either: Send the originals by post but this could be risky, so you may want to ask your university to send us directly official transcripts and attestation of your diplomas , or finally you can send us certified copies of your documents. Certified copies can usually be done in Town-halls, banks, Notaries offices...

Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
keepitupppp wrote:
I read your reply whether INSEAD will admit someone who just finished college. I am wondering what if someone took a gap year before graduation from college and worked for 1 year. will you consider his application then? thanks a lot.

Hi Keepitupppp,

INSEAD does not have an absolute requirement for years of work experience, although at least two years is strongly encouraged. Participants in our current class have an average of 5.6 years work experience, with the range being between 1.5 and 13.8. Only 3% of our Jan 2013 class has less than 3yrs prof exp, but applicants with less experience who demonstrate exceptional maturity and outstanding leadership through their professional and personal experiences will also be considered.

Best,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
INSEADadmissions wrote:
nasreenpatel wrote:
Hi Camille,

Thank you.

Hi nasreenpatel,
I'm not so sure i understand your situation correctly. I see you are from South Africa, so let me ask you a question: Which of English or African do you consider your mother tongue?
If African, then the fact you have conducted your university education in English will waive the English language certification
If English, then you need a university major in African (or whatever other language) to waive the language certification. But as a native English speaker, we allow you a bit more time to get back to us with the entry language certification ie you can provide us with this certification after the application deadline.
"If you are joining the programme in September, you will need to provide certification of your second language no later than 1 June. If you are joining the programme in January, you will need to provide certification of your second language no later than 1 November. Accepted certifications are listed in the Language Policy."

I hope this answer your question...
Cheers,
Camille

Thanks Camille,

Apologies I wasn't very specific.

My native language is English and my schooling (including university education) was done in English. I have read through the Language Policy and noted that the results of a final secondary school exam can be considered if the exam and schooling were conducted in that language. As part of my pre-university education, I took Afrikaans as a second language for 12 years and this course was taught and tested entirely in Afrikaans. In this case, would the result of my final secondary school exam for Afrikaans suffice as certification for an entry language or will I be required to obtain a separate certification? Furthermore, in the case of the latter, the Language Policy only provides accepted certifications for a limited number of languages - as such, would any state accepted certification suffice for Afrikaans?

Hope this is clearer.

Thanks,
Nasreen
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts