Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
OjilEye wrote:
OhDenny wrote:
Congrats to those invited, and good luck to those still waiting! I got my invite in late October/early November last year, so keep on keepin' on.

When I was perusing last year's threads and I saw how many declared the waiting period to be so difficult, I thought to myself, really?

And yet here I am, seeing the first wave of interview invites go out, and my heart slowly sinking at every new email I get on my smartphone that's not from Yale. Ha! smh...

Hahaha...feeling the same way! I'm excited for everyone who has interviews and still hopeful that it's in the cards for me too.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Likewise to the 2 posters above me.. I have that sinking feeling and I told myself I wouldnt get like this. And every email I get from a friend or coworker today pisses me off. It has me wondering if it comes in waves or they just send them out 1 at a time as they like you.

I mean, there is no way they could have read 1500 apps in a week right? Someone reassure me, feeling so insecure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
skm wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
OhDenny wrote:
Congrats to those invited, and good luck to those still waiting! I got my invite in late October/early November last year, so keep on keepin' on.

When I was perusing last year's threads and I saw how many declared the waiting period to be so difficult, I thought to myself, really?

And yet here I am, seeing the first wave of interview invites go out, and my heart slowly sinking at every new email I get on my smartphone that's not from Yale. Ha! smh...

Hahaha...feeling the same way! I'm excited for everyone who has interviews and still hopeful that it's in the cards for me too.

I haven't received an invite yet either, but I'd think that you really needn't worry until mid November if you haven't received an interview invite yet. No way that they've made it through that many apps in one week. Regardless, congrats again to those head to New Haven.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q170 V156
GPA: 3.51
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
skm wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
OhDenny wrote:

exactly the same as me. Hoping I will be one of the next invitees.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 292 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
I got my invite yesterday in the afternoon and I submitted on Saturday September 22nd. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OhDenny, my brother goes to SOM also... Now EVERYONE should know who I am haha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MAJMMM wrote:

I think I met you and your brother when I visited SOM in April!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
skm wrote:
MAJMMM wrote:

Did we give you a ride to the train station????? It was either you or 2 other girls haha, glad to hear you are applying though, whoever you are!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MAJMMM wrote:
skm wrote:
MAJMMM wrote:

Did we give you a ride to the train station????? It was either you or 2 other girls haha, glad to hear you are applying though, whoever you are!

No, but we were in the morning class visit together and ran into Dean Snyder while walking around the building - similarly glad to hear that you ended up at SOM!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
Likewise to the 2 posters above me.. I have that sinking feeling and I told myself I wouldnt get like this. And every email I get from a friend or coworker today pisses me off. It has me wondering if it comes in waves or they just send them out 1 at a time as they like you.

I mean, there is no way they could have read 1500 apps in a week right? Someone reassure me, feeling so insecure.

The worst is finally getting an email from Yale - and realizing it's just their School of Management Newsletter!

In terms of the process, each application gets reviewed by two independent readers, either of which can request an interview. Even if this doesn't happen, all applications are still reviewed by the committee as a whole - and an interview can be requested at that time as well.

So it can happen after the first read, second read, or AdCom review - which are all happening at different paces too, as I'm sure some applications haven't even been touched yet.

Good luck guys - you got this!

Now back to paper-writing...

-B
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Also, don't be afraid to reach out to one another and use each other as resources - I chatted quite a bit with OhDenny and MAJMMM during the application process last year and they were both immensely helpful.

-B
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
PD2012 wrote:
Dbalks wrote:

The worst is finally getting an email from Yale - and realizing it's just their School of Management Newsletter!

In terms of the process, each application gets reviewed by two independent readers, either of which can request an interview. Even if this doesn't happen, all applications are still reviewed by the committee as a whole - and an interview can be requested at that time as well.

So it can happen after the first read, second read, or AdCom review - which are all happening at different paces too, as I'm sure some applications haven't even been touched yet.

Good luck guys - you got this!

Now back to paper-writing...

-B

Agreed! I got an email from Yale yesterday that said...

"Hello from the Yale School of Management! I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to invite you to......

.....upcoming multi-school receptions... "

Sigh. That was a rollercoater of emotions in a 5 second span.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
For those of you that got invites already, did you notice a change in your application status on the app status page? Maybe a line that says invited to interview or scheduled an interview? I'm terrified of having an email go to spam and missing the interview invite :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
silviya wrote:
For those of you that got invites already, did you notice a change in your application status on the app status page? Maybe a line that says invited to interview or scheduled an interview? I'm terrified of having an email go to spam and missing the interview invite :lol:

It doesn't hurt to check! Your status would be updated if you were invited to interview. And I had an experience last year where the Admissions office e-mailed me in November asking why I hadn't responded to my interview invite, which had gone into my work's spam servers. Don't drive yourself crazy by checking three times a day, but once a week might not be a bad idea.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
silviya wrote:

My status was updated with a link (or button?) to click to schedule an interview (or something like that). This was under the "recent activities" area
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any reapplicants to Yale this year ?
I have submitted my application but haven't heard from them yet .... did any reapplicant get an interview call ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
Send PM
I am a reapplicant too. Still waiting to hear something.

mbajack247 wrote:
Any reapplicants to Yale this year ?
I have submitted my application but haven't heard from them yet .... did any reapplicant get an interview call ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts