Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Booth ranked no. 1 in the latest (and rather quirky) 'The Economist ' rankings! Cheers to that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
KillerApp wrote:
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?

Is 10/31 the mid decision date or the day that interview invites start? If 10/31 is the mid decision day (which seems too soon if apps were just due on 10/2) then invites will start a couple of weeks prior to that. However, If they posted that invites START going out on the 31st, then that's your answer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
KillerApp wrote:

Is 10/31 the mid decision date or the day that interview invites start? If 10/31 is the mid decision day (which seems too soon if apps were just due on 10/2) then invites will start a couple of weeks prior to that. However, If they posted that invites START going out on the 31st, then that's your answer.

Oct 31st is the date interview invites will go out. Directly from the email:

Quote:
All applicants will receive an invitation to interview, or will be denied without an interview on the mid-decision date. We will release decisions via our online admissions system at 9:00am.

Sounds pretty clear to me that no invites will go out prior to the 31st, everybody will hear something on that date.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
KillerApp wrote:

Oct 31st is the date interview invites will go out. Directly from the email:

Quote:
All applicants will receive an invitation to interview, or will be denied without an interview on the mid-decision date. We will release decisions via our online admissions system at 9:00am.

Sounds pretty clear to me that no invites will go out prior to the 31st, everybody will hear something on that date.

Oh wow! That's interesting. Last year there was a 2-3 week window in which invitations went out (but they informed us of the start and end dates). I guess it keeps applicants from twisting in the wind for weeks while waiting for an invite if all decisions go out on one day. Good luck to you all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [4]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
In case you all are wondering, the admissions office just posted a blog update about how round 1 will move forward.

Highlights:
Interview Invitations will be released at 9:00 AM CST on October 31st and applicants will see "Invited to Interview" or "Denied" on the online application system.
Interviews will take place Nov 5 - Nov 30 Monday through Friday on campus. Saturday, November 17th will also be an on campus interview date.
Select dates are available at the Booth campus in Beijing and London.
Off-Campus Alumni interviews can be arranged.

Check out the Booth Insider Blog for more details!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
In case you all are wondering, the admissions office just posted a blog update about how round 1 will move forward.

Highlights:
Interview Invitations will be released at 9:00 AM CST on October 31st and applicants will see "Invited to Interview" or "Denied" on the online application system.
Interviews will take place Nov 5 - Nov 30 Monday through Friday on campus. Saturday, November 17th will also be an on campus interview date.
Select dates are available at the Booth campus in Beijing and London.
Off-Campus Alumni interviews can be arranged.

Check out the Booth Insider Blog for more details!

Thanks..

A link for others who are interested:
https://forums.chicagobooth.edu/n/blogs/ ... r&entry=71
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hi All,

Quick, and probably silly, question. Given that I submitted round 1 (8 days ago), is it too late to try to amend my optional essay, or submit an additional document to provide a better explanation? Reading over my app now, I feel I did not do a great job explaining something, and have provided a clearer explanation in my subsequent apps. Like any nervous applicant, I’m becoming increasingly concerned that this may somehow detail my application. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kcw984

Originally posted by kcw984 on 10 Oct 2012, 08:58.
Last edited by kcw984 on 10 Oct 2012, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Any response you will find on the website regarding that question will say no, you cannot edit your application. At this point, I think your only hope is to ask Booth (call or email), but I think the answer will still be the same (no). I found things I would like to change on my applications too, but if they let everyone do it it would be a huge mess, and frankly, not fair. A deadline is a deadline, and that is not to say I'm not in the same boat as you, but I understand their rules.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Any response you will find on the website regarding that question will say no, you cannot edit your application. At this point, I think your only hope is to ask Booth (call or email), but I think the answer will still be the same (no). I found things I would like to change on my applications too, but if they let everyone do it it would be a huge mess, and frankly, not fair. A deadline is a deadline, and that is not to say I'm not in the same boat as you, but I understand their rules.

Totally agreed with you - I think everyone has things that could have been done better, but the deadline is there for a reason... although I totally get the point.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
And that is why you should not keep reviewing your application after it's been submitted. You will only find things you want to change and drive yourself crazy. In the grand scheme of things it might be a bigger issue to YOU than it is the to the admissions committee, who may find what you already submitted to be more than adequate.

Let it go and try not to stress out til interview invite day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
are there less applicants this year compared to the last year?
i don't see as much discussions as I can see on last year's forum around this time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
pkdy wrote:
i don't see as much discussions as I can see on last year's forum around this time

seems to be a theme on a lot of the schools' boards this year so looks like applicant numbers may still be dropping (or GC's popularity)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Jts320 wrote:
pkdy wrote:

seems to be a theme on a lot of the schools' boards this year so looks like applicant numbers may still be dropping (or GC's popularity)

It is possible that a reason for the drop in discussions this year is due to the change gmatclub has made to its website. Because of the way we can update application status in our profile, a lot of the status update posts have disappeared.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
So I just got a 20% raise at work. Do I let Booth (and the other schools that I have already submitted applications for) know? Do I just call the admissions office?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Congrats on your raise! The consistent answer I have read is that when you are invited to interview, you can update the adcom with those types of changes at that time. Of course, you can always ask Booth yourself, but I suspect that is the answer you will get!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
There`s less posting here because thread activity is directly correlated to how close the interview dates are. HBS thread is thriving, GSB getting bigger as few interviews trickle out. For Booth we have to wait until the 31st...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts