Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 3.84 UGPA Ivy; 327 GRE [Q:163,V:165] Chances?? [#permalink]
Thanks for the response, Ward! Don't plan on retaking GRE [Verbal should be about 96-7% and Quant should be in the high 80's].

In undergrad I took two econ classes and two logic classes, but that's the extent of the quant background. If I were to take a class would you suggest Finance (over say Statistics/Accounting]?

Definitely plan on working on other aspects of my resume before applying next year. I want to stick in Marketing, and Sloan/Columbia/Fuqua/Yale are on my radar.

Would love other suggestions of schools too.

Thanks again--

Clint
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
clint845 wrote:
Thanks for the response, Ward! Don't plan on retaking GRE [Verbal should be about 96-7% and Quant should be in the high 80's].

In undergrad I took two econ classes and two logic classes, but that's the extent of the quant background. If I were to take a class would you suggest Finance (over say Statistics/Accounting]?

Definitely plan on working on other aspects of my resume before applying next year. I want to stick in Marketing, and Sloan/Columbia/Fuqua/Yale are on my radar.

Would love other suggestions of schools too.

Thanks again--

Clint

If you have time, you may want to take a quant class. I don't really know how schools view the GRE and I know there are still a few holdouts (I think Booth still doesn't) that won't take it. At any rate in terms of which class, Stat & Finance are probably the most quant oriented, and if you think you can do well, not only will that help your application, but that will also help you when you get to school.

Personally, I took accounting and stat. Accounting looks good too, and I found it much easier than Stat. If you're at all worried about possibly not doing well in a course, then maybe take Accounting.

If you were applying this year for Round 2, I'd say don't bother with taking a class. but since you have a year, you have time to take one and do well on it. I'd say it's even less important if your job is already quantitative (not sure what type of marketing you do.)

In terms of other schools, lots of schools are good at Marketing. If you have a specific industry or type of marketing in mind, that would help. But for general marketing, Kellogg is well-known for it's marketing prowess. And having gone to Wharton for undergrad, I can say that Wharton's marketing professors are really good too (a former Wharton marketing professor is now the Dean at Sloan.) But really any of the top schools will give you a good marketing education, so I think your choices will either depend on whether you can be more specific about your goals and also what you are looking for in a school in terms of culture, fit, activities, etc. If you can visit schools either now or in the Spring, go ahead and do it. If you qualify, I would also look into the Diversity Weekends that many schools host. I went to the one at Sloan and fell in love with Sloan in the process.

Definitely work on adding things to your resume--whether it be a professional organization, community service, sports, your own business interests or whatever fits in line with your passions.

I'm not an admissions consultant, but I'm just telling you what I think.
GMAT Club Bot