Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I have submitted my application for round 1.
i was having problem searching for the school code for my college (just one of the state university of new york). Since the school code was not a required field, i just entered the name of the school and leave the school code blank.
now for whatever reason, i try to go back to the application and search for my undergrad school, it is right there...
do you suggest that i should contact the admission office to have them update the school code? or it is just something really minor and i should just leave it the way it is?

thanks!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
tr1ckythe0ry wrote:
I have submitted my application for round 1.
i was having problem searching for the school code for my college (just one of the state university of new york). Since the school code was not a required field, i just entered the name of the school and leave the school code blank.
now for whatever reason, i try to go back to the application and search for my undergrad school, it is right there...
do you suggest that i should contact the admission office to have them update the school code? or it is just something really minor and i should just leave it the way it is?

thanks!!!

I think if it were an issue, they'd contact you. I was having odd issues with their app in general. For some reason I couldnt update the industry a certain company I used to work for was in. So now... it says that a well known commercial bank is an internet company... I'm assuming they'll be able to figure it out... I hope
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
loismba wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
Mine still reads

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
Submitted Date: 10/16/2012 9:59:00 PM EST

Same here - still in the "submitted" status.

Okay I'm starting to doubt that I'm actually 'under review.' Maybe I'm looking at mine wrong!

Mine says:
Application Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: */*/2012

But then underneath that it says:
Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically.

What do you guys have?[/

Originally posted by Mamag7b on 23 Oct 2012, 14:02.
Last edited by Mamag7b on 19 Dec 2012, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
loismba wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
Mine still reads

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
Submitted Date: 10/16/2012 9:59:00 PM EST

Same here - still in the "submitted" status.

Okay I'm starting to doubt that I'm actually 'under review.' Maybe I'm looking at mine wrong!

Mine says:
Application Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: */*/2012

But then underneath that it says:
Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically.

What do you guys have?

I just have the "submitted" part - submitted day of deadline.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
skm wrote:

Yep, same here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
nullvoid325 wrote:
skm wrote:

Yep, same here.

Same for me. Any idea when Johnson starts sending the interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
RajatSrivastava wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:
skm wrote:

Yep, same here.

Same for me. Any idea when Johnson starts sending the interview invites?

Based on last year threads, we should see a few invites go out next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Hello fellow Johnson applicants! I've decided to join in on R2 and I'm pretty excited! Can anyone share a link to an article or thread that highlights life in Ithaca?
Director
Director
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
Hello fellow Johnson applicants! I've decided to join in on R2 and I'm pretty excited! Can anyone share a link to an article or thread that highlights life in Ithaca?

Cornell has a page dedicated to this

https://www.cornell.edu/visiting/ithaca/ithaca_life.cfm
Manager
Manager
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

ah yes.. I saw that earlier. Apologies I wasn't very clear. Most of what I have seen on official admission pages and sites are essentially fluff to me. They all say the same thing and that page basically looks like a tour guide's brochure. I was looking for a more first-hand account of a recent Cornell grad or perhaps anyone who visited Ithaca for an interview on what their impressions were, how student life really is, the nitty gritty details.. I'll keep looking but thought I'd ask.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

ah yes.. I saw that earlier. Apologies I wasn't very clear. Most of what I have seen on official admission pages and sites are essentially fluff to me. They all say the same thing and that page basically looks like a tour guide's brochure. I was looking for a more first-hand account of a recent Cornell grad or perhaps anyone who visited Ithaca for an interview on what their impressions were, how student life really is, the nitty gritty details.. I'll keep looking but thought I'd ask.

Nice to see you on this forum as well! :)

I'll be heading up to Ithaca for Johnson Women in Business in a couple weeks so will write about my impressions then. A recent grad can probably provide the more specific information you're looking for. As a native of upstate NY, I will say that it is a beautiful place, but I am somewhat biased.
Director
Director
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

Agreed. Let me know if you stumble across anything more authentic. As a native NYer (not upstate) I am bias against that area... So I'd love to hear first accounts from MBA students, or even other grad students not in their early 20s. I'm not as much worried about it being isolated or anything... but just how "collegey" it is...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
I had a nice time on my visit, but at the same time it was more of a day trip. But to answer the orignial question about Ithaca, Cornell has a connect with Johnson section of their website. It has a list of names of current students who are willing to talk anything Johnson with you. I sent a couple of emails over the summer, and most students were responsive the same day. Ask them whatever you want to know, they are a good resource and candid.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
I don't have that part.

...but now I do! Looks like the wheels are in motion.

"Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically."
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
I am actually too scared to go into the Johnson Portal and look to see what it says
Manager
Manager
Send PM
skm wrote:
OjilEye wrote:

Nice to see you on this forum as well! :)

I'll be heading up to Ithaca for Johnson Women in Business in a couple weeks so will write about my impressions then. A recent grad can probably provide the more specific information you're looking for. As a native of upstate NY, I will say that it is a beautiful place, but I am somewhat biased.

Likewise skm! Any word from SOM? (actually... maybe best to keep that kind of talk out of this thread, ha).
But definitely let us know how the event goes and your impressions on Ithaca! I'm sort of kicking myself for not having applied in the 1st round; I'm really liking Cornell's essay prompts.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
I had a nice time on my visit, but at the same time it was more of a day trip. But to answer the orignial question about Ithaca, Cornell has a connect with Johnson section of their website. It has a list of names of current students who are willing to talk anything Johnson with you. I sent a couple of emails over the summer, and most students were responsive the same day. Ask them whatever you want to know, they are a good resource and candid.

Thanks for the tip Dbalks~
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts