Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I was surprised to see it and thought it may have been a decision. But its good that they are reminding people so that candidates don't try to game the EA system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
blaze2012 wrote:
I was surprised to see it and thought it may have been a decision. But its good that they are reminding people so that candidates don't try to game the EA system.

Yes got the same e-mail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Slider wrote:
Who are the other EA candidates who got a jolt through their system when they saw the email today with the subject "The Duke MBA - Early Action"??

what are you talking about. Did Duke send out an email to all the EAs? I didn't see anything on my email...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
AresZhu wrote:
what are you talking about. Did Duke send out an email to all the EAs? I didn't see anything on my email...

It seems to be a gentle reminder that Early Action is binding (their bold not mine).
What I'm wondering - is why is the email subject so ambiguous? My heart stopped because I thought it was an early admit (as I'm sure everyone elses did)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
canadianchamp wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

It seems to be a gentle reminder that Early Action is binding (their bold not mine).
What I'm wondering - is why is the email subject so ambiguous? My heart stopped because I thought it was an early admit (as I'm sure everyone elses did)

yep. the subject sucks... lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I also recived the email, but expected it would be a ding email, given i did not get any interview invitation.

So can I assume I would not be admitted if I am not invited to interview so far.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Not necessarily. You can be waitlisted and invited to interview with R1, R2, etc. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
Not necessarily. You can be waitlisted and invited to interview with R1, R2, etc. Good luck!

do the waitlisted candidates only get to hear back on the next cycle's interview notification date, or they may be called for an interview anytime.

For e.g. Nov 28 is R1 interview notification date. EA waitlisted candidates only hear back on 28th or before/after that date as well (depending upon the information they provide to the adcom) ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
Submitted! officially done with round 1. Good luck!

A special good luck to the EA's next week!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Kudos
submitted as well!! Hope I'll never have to do another app again :)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
jumsumtak wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

do the waitlisted candidates only get to hear back on the next cycle's interview notification date, or they may be called for an interview anytime.

For e.g. Nov 28 is R1 interview notification date. EA waitlisted candidates only hear back on 28th or before/after that date as well (depending upon the information they provide to the adcom) ?

Your status would update when the next round's results are available. I think the only time you can hear back at any time is if you're waitlisted after round 3 and into the summer.

VP
VP
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

Your status would update when the next round's results are available. I think the only time you can hear back at any time is if you're waitlisted after round 3 and into the summer.

Okay let me re-phrase my question:

What about the interviews (not results). Can waitlisted (without interview) candidates be called for an interview anytime other than the notification date for the next round.

For eg. on nov 28 r1 folks get interview invites. And a waitlisted candidate then in early december provides an updated information (gmat score/promotion etc.). So can the adcom call him/her for an interview to be considered for r1 decision date?

I ask this because unlike r1 folks, waitlisted candidates will be providing information continuously throughout the round. Does my question make better sense now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Duke Kellogg
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Good question.

It is my understanding (and i might be wrong)..that if you do not get an interview in the EA round and get WL, you can still be invited to interview during the interview window...Unlike the open period, i believe it's a week in december and a week in feb for R2.

But yes..if you are WL during EA it is by no means game over. With a good WL strategy, you can get that interview and the decision. I'm sure quite a few people have done it that way...from EA WL to converting a round 2 admit...

jumsumtak wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

[/quote]
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
For R1, you'll either be invited or not invited to interview on Nov 28.

Then on decision day in January you'll find out if you were accepted (for those who interviewed) or if you're waitlisted/rejected (for both those who interviewed AND for those not invited to interview in Nov).

If you're WL in January and have already interviewed, you wait until you get a decision - either during the R2/R3 decision dates or later on anytime in the summer.

If you were WL without interview on the January decision date, then you can be invited to interview on the R2 invite day. You can also not be invited again and then you'll have to wait until the R2 decision date to see if you remain on the waitlist or if you're rejected.

Continue the pattern for R3.

While you can submit additional information anytime after you're WL, you will only receive status updates on the invite or decision dates, unless it's after R3/the summer months as all the official deadline dates would have already passed by then.

Does that help?

VP
VP
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:

While you can submit additional information anytime after you're WL, you will only receive status updates on the invite or decision dates, unless it's after R3/the summer months as all the official deadline dates would have already passed by then.

Yep. This was what I was looking for. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
even i did not recieve any mail from Duke.
Does it mean something??

I am also an EA applicant..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
That's strange, I got that email too. I assumed every EA applicant gets it since the content is not specific.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts