Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.

Daedalus3 wrote:

I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
[/quote][/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
[quote="anonymous2012"]Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.
[quote]

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
11 people reported interviews, 7 of them reported GMAT's. And the avg GMAT Club member's GMAT was 719 that is applying to Ross. My point was not to be harsh (and I apologize if it came off that way), but that data definitely is not indicative of a higher quality pool in the 1st wave of interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Interview invite!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
query007 wrote:
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?

On October 23, 2012
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Daedalus3 wrote:
anonymous2012 wrote:

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.

one more data point to analyse - 750 :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Guess no trickling down of invites anymore.. Gotta wait for Nov now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Daedalus3 wrote:
anonymous2012 wrote:

Peace.

one more data point to analyse - 750 :)

You can add my 750 to the 'invited' data set.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Consulting, IT, GM
Schools:LBS
 Q49  V25 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
GPA: 3.92
WE 1: 3 years in accounting (part-time during education)
WE 2: 5 years in IT-consulting (full-time)
Send PM
Got my invite yesturday. That was surprisingly quick. )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Received an invite on 10/23 as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm a class of 2014 Rosser and I'm here to help.

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Rosser2014 wrote:

You've all brought up some good points so far, but I'd like to calm all your nerves.

For the Indians, I wouldn't worry too much. Ross is very Indian friendly, we have a history of that.
For the GMAT theory, trust me 750 is definitely not a key reason to get interviewed.
The interviews generally come in waves, and the thing with Ross is you are a chance until you get a ding letter - which can be way after initial interview invites go out. So take it as it comes - Ross is awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.

what is your guess on the percentage of your class that has a gmat between 650 and 630?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Rosser2014 wrote:

Is there any criteria at all, to split candidates into 2 waves ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
query007 wrote:
Rosser2014 wrote:

Is there any criteria at all, to split candidates into 2 waves ?

I think its mostly to distribute workload for adcom. But then again they might focus locally first, by interviewing ones who are closer to US and in the next lap go for distant applicants. Not that your location would have any bearing on getting an invite.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Just realized that there has been a hattrick of 007 ending username responses :P

bond007 -> query007 -> ash007 :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
ash007 wrote:
Just realized that there has been a hattrick of 007 ending username responses :P

bond007 -> query007 -> ash007 :D

that is too cool. we are all meant to be in Ross then
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts