Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.38
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Qtrip - congratulations on the interview! I'm an Indian applicant as well. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Wharton yet, so I'm curious to know - how filled up did the slots in Mumbai look?

str1der wrote:
qtrip wrote:

Qtrip - are you interviewing in Delhi or Mumbai? Any idea of the number of slots available in Delhi? Also, whats your background? Thanks!

I will be interviewing in Mumbai. My background is in Sales & Trading. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
Any news today? Seems pretty quiet so far.

Posted from my mobile device

It is my understanding that the invitations will be sent out it batches, so I am guessing there will be no news till next week?

Does anybody know if they send denies before November 9th? It sound very crappy that they keep you waiting with your hopes up if they already know you are not going to get an interview...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GRE 1: Q158 V164
GPA: 3.84
WE:Underwriter (Consulting)
Send PM
mb031182zy wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

Does anybody know if they send denies before November 9th? It sound very crappy that they keep you waiting with your hopes up if they already know you are not going to get an interview...

I don't think we'll see any denies before Nov. 9th. In the letter we received after submitting our applications they state that candidates no longer being considered for admission will be notified "at that time" (i.e. Nov. 9th).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Aeneid wrote:
mb031182zy wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:

I don't think we'll see any denies before Nov. 9th. In the letter we received after submitting our applications they state that candidates no longer being considered for admission will be notified "at that time" (i.e. Nov. 9th).

Yes this is my understanding as well. Additionally, there was a fairly comprehensive summary of what was discussed in last night's chat on clearadmit's blog: https://blog.clearadmit.com/2012/10/onli ... more-35102
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Can anyone comment on the scholarship scene at Wharton??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Any more calls issued over the last day or so? Specifically for Indian applicants?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Nov 9th is a Friday... We probably should expect some invites today right?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
adriangso wrote:
Nov 9th is a Friday... We probably should expect some invites today right?

Who knows, just dont let it ruin the weekend if no one hears anything...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
Do you think they'll open up more interview dates soon? I have to register in the next two days and the only open slots are Nov 7 and 8th, which I don't think I can make it for.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
mj22 wrote:
Do you think they'll open up more interview dates soon? I have to register in the next two days and the only open slots are Nov 7 and 8th, which I don't think I can make it for.

In that situation, I would wait until later today -- if more invites go out this afternoon, more slots might open up.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.51
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
mj22 wrote:

In that situation, I would wait until later today -- if more invites go out this afternoon, more slots might open up.

They should send invites 14 days before the interview to help us save on travel costs :P
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Francesc wrote:
mba2014hopeful wrote:
mj22 wrote:

They should send invites 14 days before the interview to help us save on travel costs :P

I personally really agree with this sentiment. To schedule a Skype interview within a week or two is one thing, but to expect people to fly/train/bus across a country or at least to a different state in the span of a few weeks is pretty stressful on the applicants' sides. Obviously we're all more than happy for the opportunity but the $$ and odd days off of work (when you may not be open about your app process) certainly adds up. I think especially with "rolling" invites like Wharton's when you don't know when to expect the invite are more difficult -- places like Duke tell applicants ahead of time exactly what dates and in what cities interviews are held. I appreciate that because even if I don't get an invite, at least I had the time to block off certain weeks/weekends to go to NC /endrant

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Real Estate (Venture Capital)
Send PM
mj22 wrote:

Or the contrary is possible... On Monday they'll send more invites and open up more slots
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
I must agree with the above - letting you know 14 days before an interview in a different country (or continent) is problematic, to say the least.
Finding good air-tickets, getting days off at work, getting ready for the interview - and all of this while most of us are writing other schools' applications as well...

One thing I don't understand - you're able to set up dates for interviews, even before you got an invitation? Where can you see available dates?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
I must agree with the above - letting you know 14 days before an interview in a different country (or continent) is problematic, to say the least.
Finding good air-tickets, getting days off at work, getting ready for the interview - and all of this while most of us are writing other schools' applications as well...

One thing I don't understand - you're able to set up dates for interviews, even before you got an invitation? Where can you see available dates?

I mentioned the very specific case of Duke where they tell you all the dates for invites, interview days, admit days, etc... It's all available right on their website! I wish other schools were that open.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Guys, quick question... I would like to apply in Round 2 and started the application..Unfortunately, for job description essay I cannot copy and text from a word file into the online application mask? Was ist for you also the case? Is there any way to do it?

Many thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
BankerRUS wrote:
Guys, quick question... I would like to apply in Round 2 and started the application..Unfortunately, for job description essay I cannot copy and text from a word file into the online application mask? Was ist for you also the case? Is there any way to do it?

Many thanks

Try using Internet Explorer. That was the only way I could do it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts