Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mvikred wrote:
Hi All,

Can any of you shed some light on TOEFL requirement by McCombs?

Despite having an undergraduate and post graduate degrees in English, does one have to take TOEFL??

Have a look at this link --->

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... tions.aspx

under this look in Application material and check if your country falls under country list mentioned by McCombs for TOEFL waiver. If you are not convinced even after this , I would suggest you to call or drop an email to the adcom members and tell them about your case. It might be possible to get a waiver if you can get a letter from your Undergrad or Post grad institute stating that your medium of instruction was english , though it sounds really weird that it would not be for a degree in English :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fawad1982 wrote:
Done with my interview today. it was with an alumini in my city, very conversational in nature. She was very kind in not letting me feel at any point of time that it was admission interview. The interview wasn't blind, she was aware of my profile and resume. Good luck to everyone else.

Would request you to mention a debrief of your interview if you are comfortable so that perspective students have some idea about the interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
crackHSW wrote:
fawad1982 wrote:
Done with my interview today. it was with an alumini in my city, very conversational in nature. She was very kind in not letting me feel at any point of time that it was admission interview. The interview wasn't blind, she was aware of my profile and resume. Good luck to everyone else.

Would request you to mention a debrief of your interview if you are comfortable so that perspective students have some idea about the interviews.

Apart from expected talk about tell me about yourself, why MBA, why mccombs, what do you expect from mba and what will you give, I was also asked about one misconception my colleagues, friends usually have about me, what I don't like about my work and what will be the biggest non academic challenge at mccombs.

The interview was very informal and conversational. Please feel free to ask if you want to anything specific. Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey everyone,

Don't know why I ended up back on GMATclub, maybe it's because I'm trying to do anything to avoid completing this assignment due for class tomorrow :-D

Anyways, I am currently a first year student at McCombs, and have just finished the first quarter of core classes. I may not be able to get to your question super-quick, but I can try to answer any inquiries in regards to the admissions process (that I know of, official questions should probably go to MAC), school life in general, Austin, etc. (e.g. anything). Give me a shout if you wish.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
crackHSW wrote:
JohnnyNoMoney wrote:
Hi, what's the difference between interviews by alum vs. admin board members? Is there a difference? Thanks!

I am not sure how the interviews conducted by different people could vary , ultimately any person who tries to interview you would try to gauze your fitness for the school. Though I have read on forums few people being rejected after being interviewed by 2nd year students , but as such I am not convinced with the argument that a adcom member > alum > 2nd year student in terms of your chances of being selected. The school also looks for your availability and would try to give you the best possible option for your interview. Having said that I would still recommend you to try your best to get and interview from the adcom members(if possible).

Interviews with Alumni are only conducted off-campus. Interviews with an Admissions Board Members are done on-campus at McCombs. These interviews are conducted by 2nd year students that are members of the Admissions Committee (MAC). Both types of interviews are weighted equally and the same questions are asked in each. You should choose your type of interview based on your availability.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
crackHSW wrote:
mvikred wrote:
Hi All,

Can any of you shed some light on TOEFL requirement by McCombs?

Despite having an undergraduate and post graduate degrees in English, does one have to take TOEFL??

Have a look at this link --->

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... tions.aspx

under this look in Application material and check if your country falls under country list mentioned by McCombs for TOEFL waiver. If you are not convinced even after this , I would suggest you to call or drop an email to the adcom members and tell them about your case. It might be possible to get a waiver if you can get a letter from your Undergrad or Post grad institute stating that your medium of instruction was english , though it sounds really weird that it would not be for a degree in English :D

If you are a resident of a country where the main language is not English, a TOEFL is typically required. Please visit the link posted above, as well as the following link to better understand if you are required to submit a TOEFL score: https://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/test_scores.html

If you have further questions, please email TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business, Operations
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Can a student or someone from the MAC explain the notification process really quick? Do the notifications come out on the date listed on the website or is that a no later than date?

I feel MSB is my reach school, but having already been offered admission at the two schools lower on my list has definitely built up some confidence, so I'm going for it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
narmstro wrote:
Can a student or someone from the MAC explain the notification process really quick? Do the notifications come out on the date listed on the website or is that a no later than date?

I feel MSB is my reach school, but having already been offered admission at the two schools lower on my list has definitely built up some confidence, so I'm going for it.

Decision notifications will be emailed on the date posted on the website. Some time zones may receive the notification the day prior.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Duke, Emory, UNC Chapel Hill
GMAT 2: 600 GMAT 3: 710  Q50  V37
Send PM
Hi,

Can any share your interview experience for McCombs?
What questions were asked and any general tips?

Thanks!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
crackHSW wrote:
I am not sure how the interviews conducted by different people could vary , ultimately any person who tries to interview you would try to gauze your fitness for the school. Though I have read on forums few people being rejected after being interviewed by 2nd year students , but as such I am not convinced with the argument that a adcom member > alum > 2nd year student in terms of your chances of being selected. The school also looks for your availability and would try to give you the best possible option for your interview. Having said that I would still recommend you to try your best to get and interview from the adcom members(if possible).

Can’t speak for McCombs admission. I always thought it would be better to interview with SY or alum, because you can have a more engaging conversation. Students and alums can give you a better glimpse of life during and after MBA. This allows you to build a more personal connection through questions. With AdCom, they do not have that perspective, and the conversation feels more transactional. Maybe it is just my personal preference. A proxy of your preference could be job interviews. Do you like to interview with HR or with the direct manager?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
do any of u know the inside process for mccombs interview invite process? Like usually when will the bulk of invites go out for this year? Have they already gone out? And if the pRocess is
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arjungupta wrote:
Hi,

Can any share your interview experience for McCombs?
What questions were asked and any general tips?

Thanks!

Please refer my previous post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 928 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I am international applicant.
I submitted my application on 16th oct.
The next day I received an email - Texas MBA: Post Submission Information

However , when I login to WIO website , it still shows
"Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin."

please help
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Crmson10 wrote:
Does anyone know if all or even the majority of interview invites have been sent?

I second this question!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are we going to hear anything from mccombs before notification date? I had submitted app on 16th, got invite on 19th and did my int on 24th. It is so quite since then, this wait is killing me :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Just wondering if I'm the only person that hasn't received the interview invite yet. I checked my status online and it still says "In Review" :?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts