Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [3]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
sesamemochi wrote:
OjilEye wrote:
Just as I had pretty much given up hope and moved on, I received an interview invite today! Arrived around 1PM EST.
So stoked to be granted the opportunity to tell my interviewer how much I'd love to attend Yale.
There still remains hope! Best of luck dbalks and all, I'm certain there will be more invites on the way~

That's great to hear! Congrats, and good luck on your interview!

Congrats to everybody with invites and good luck to everybody else. Can we just skip this waiting for invites stage and fast forward to the decision date?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
Anyone that has already done their interview on campus have any recommendations on Hotels? I'm taking the train to Yale so I'd prefer for it to be in walking distance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the forum

I am a college student in India and I received my interview invitation from Yale Silver Scholar's today. :-D :-D

Would really appreciate some tips or suggestions regarding the entire interview process.

Thanks !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Chupacabra wrote:
Anyone that has already done their interview on campus have any recommendations on Hotels? I'm taking the train to Yale so I'd prefer for it to be in walking distance.

When I visited Yale I stayed at the Omni. I don't remember a lot of other choices and it was pretty walkable. It's a quaint town.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
OjilEye wrote:
Just as I had pretty much given up hope and moved on, I received an interview invite today! Arrived around 1PM EST.
So stoked to be granted the opportunity to tell my interviewer how much I'd love to attend Yale.
There still remains hope! Best of luck dbalks and all, I'm certain there will be more invites on the way~

So psyched for you, OjilEye! Maybe we'll cross paths? I made my interview for Nov. 29.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to everyone who received invites today!

To those of you who have already interviewed on-campus, can you share your experiences with us? Did your experience differ at all from the Skype interviews previously detailed on this thread?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
lfa wrote:
Chupacabra wrote:

When I visited Yale I stayed at the Omni. I don't remember a lot of other choices and it was pretty walkable. It's a quaint town.

You can also do the Study at Yale or the Courtyard Marriott. There's also the New Haven Hotel, but it's on the other side of the Omni and so means a slightly further walk. There isn't much else that doesn't require a car.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
machichi wrote:
So psyched for you, OjilEye! Maybe we'll cross paths? I made my interview for Nov. 29.

Thanks machichi~!! Perhaps so - haven't penciled in my slot but will soon~!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Chupacabra wrote:
Just got an invite! Need to go buy a coat now...as it is currently ~80 degrees where I live.

Please go buy the warmest coat available wherever you are. The weather's taking a turn towards winter and I think the east coast days of 40/50 degrees are numbered. Granted when you're coming from 80, anything 65 and under is all cold...maybe you should invest in a hat and a scarf too!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Congratulations to the latest batch of gmatclub-ers who received their invites! Good luck, folks! :)
Hope you guys could also update your profiles so we can see how our forum is performing versus the published "interview invite rate".

As it is, we're still at around 18%, so if we take the data from last year there should still be a lot more invites to come out. Good luck to the rest of the folks here who are waiting for their invites!

*this is me trying to pass time while waiting for the decision date* @_@
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Jason,

I think the % would be even higher:
1. As you pointed out more disclosures from fellow gmat-clubbers
2. Some duplications in profiles in the roll-call.

Nonetheless, would be interesting to know and keep a track of interview invites so that we can compare it with 1week nov stats from past year. :)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Has anyone who's visited campus or who's a current student speak to the campus shuttle to/from Union Station? I took it many years ago and you didn't need a Yale ID to take it then. Is that still the case, and if so, where on campus should I get off so I'm closer to SOM? Or should I just take a cab to campus instead? Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
Has anyone who's visited campus or who's a current student speak to the campus shuttle to/from Union Station? I took it many years ago and you didn't need a Yale ID to take it then. Is that still the case, and if so, where on campus should I get off so I'm closer to SOM? Or should I just take a cab to campus instead? Thanks!

Honestly - a cab will probably be your best option. I know, I know, it wasn't my favorite thing to discover either. The shuttle can be spotty from Union Station, depending on time of day, (no, you typically don't need Yale ID - just looking like a student will usually get you on), and it'll probably take you 30 mins to get to Yale Health, which is the closest stop to SOM, (5-7 min walk to admissions at 55 Hillhouse). Cabs from Union Station will be under $10, and get you to SOM in about 10 minutes, perhaps a little less. If you coordinate with another prospective who'll be on your Metro North train, that's $5 each, and then you don't have to worry about weather, timing, etc.

Good luck with the interview!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
OhDenny wrote:
aerien wrote:

Honestly - a cab will probably be your best option. I know, I know, it wasn't my favorite thing to discover either. The shuttle can be spotty from Union Station, depending on time of day, (no, you typically don't need Yale ID - just looking like a student will usually get you on), and it'll probably take you 30 mins to get to Yale Health, which is the closest stop to SOM, (5-7 min walk to admissions at 55 Hillhouse). Cabs from Union Station will be under $10, and get you to SOM in about 10 minutes, perhaps a little less. If you coordinate with another prospective who'll be on your Metro North train, that's $5 each, and then you don't have to worry about weather, timing, etc.

Good luck with the interview!

Thanks, OhDenny!!

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
aerien wrote:

I took the shuttle. I think it stops at Union Station every 20 min or so, and the shuttle does not require an ID.

You get off at Hillhouse Avenue. Just tell the driver you're going to SOM, and he'll tell you when to get off.

Or as another poster said, you can just take a cab too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For anyone considering the shuttle: https://to.yale.edu/ - you can view maps to figure out where the shuttles are and take a look at schedules and stops. Different routes run at different times of the day. Shuttles can occasionally go off-route or stop for driver breaks; you can also do what I did and get on the wrong shuttle and go completely out of your way before you realize where you are. Great if you want a tour of New Haven...not great if you need to be somewhere on time.

If you have extra time, and want to save money, use the shuttle; if you want be absolutely sure of getting there at a certain time, take a cab.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Guys,

A probably dumb question, but I cannot find it on the website. What is the exact address of the Admissions Visitor Centre, where people should arrive for the interview? Is this 135 Prospect Street?
Many thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts