Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [2]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Manhattan GMAT ADVANCED QUANT [#permalink]
Kudos
I would refer a link to you and this thread has question topic wise and difficulty wise. Also, most of the questions are answered by Bunuel, a man known as legend on this club. Trust you don't need any other resource after this.
gmat-ps-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-127957.html
a similar one exist for DS also.
ds-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-128728.html
If you have a problem with the understanding of a particular concept, go through the gmatclub math book.
gmat-math-book-87417.html
Hope this helps.
:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [2]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
I scored a 44 on GMATPrep and in the 2 Manhattan CAT'S I've taken so far I've scored 36 and 39. What I've noticed is that I sometimes have difficulty answering the 700-800 range questions,I either take way too long trying to solve them or I have no clue as to how I should solve them.So I thought of working out problems from this book might help me get accustomed to the 700 level questions.

I was looking for concept wise classification(as in Number Properties,Geometry,etc) of the questions from the problem set,since they are all mixed.

Hi MissJay,

1. 44Q translates to around 63 percentile ! (refer to https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/gmat-scores ... means.aspx). Few years back Q44 would be equivalent to 70 percentile. Manhattan Advanced Quant is more useful, If you know all the quant concepts tested on GMAT and you are scoring around 70 percentile ( that is Q46 in recent times.)

Get your concepts gripped in the first place. I was below average at Quant at first, but these resources immensely helped me and boosted my confidence as of today.

2. Bunuel is a legend and made several contributions to GMAT Club, especially GMAT MATH Book and several problem sets in his signature. So, with the concepts at your back, Do as many problem sets as possible mentioned in Bunuel's signature.

3. Complete quant problems from OG13. use Manhattan OG Archer for better explanations to quant problems in OG13. When you workout quant set from OG13, follow an order like this.

Set 1: 1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,81,91 ...
Set 2: 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 52, 62, 72, 82, 92 ...

This ensures , in each set you get to do problems of several difficulties like easy, moderate and hard and learn from them.

4. Take an Mgmat test. Review the test to see where you are facing the problem like 700-800 difficulty level, or a particular topic such as geometry , so that you are making mistakes even in 600-700 range pertaining to that topic or is DS taking a toll on you ?
Identify your weakness in detail and now grab the Advanced book to work on them.

Alternatively, if I were you, I would learn all the concepts from Mgmat or veritas books,
    and to further raise my quant score I would do 8-10 Gmat club Quant tests and learn from them. It is highly renowned and acclaimed resource on GMAT Club.
    Even further, I would get access to Gmat prep question pack 1 ( It has 115 PS and 115 DS problems). Many members such as Gurpreet singh who took the GMAT recently indicated that the quant questions in gmat prep question pack nearly resembled that of actual GMAT.

Let me know if this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rajeev!

Thanks for all the resources.I will surely use them to improve on my quant.

Quick question,are the GMAT club tests CAT'S? I saw bb's review and it says no(this was from 2010),but on the actual page where you can buy the tests it seems like these are CAT based.

Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM