Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Need motivational advice please! [#permalink]
Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate the input!! And I actually got up early today and did some math before work. Maybe I'll do some verbal to get back into the game and build up my confidence again :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
You need a strong foundations for quant. you could try these free video solutions from OG, quant review etc

https://www.gmatquantum.com/

The explanations are very good haven't tried his course but from the explanations provided I'm sure it would be very good.

This story might help you

sometimes-quant-can-t-get-you-there-117669.html
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63648 [0]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
I don't know whether this helps at all, but I think you're actually in much better shape with a 22Q/35V than the other way around! You can absolutely learn the math if you put the time in, and it's just a question of how much pain you have to endure to get there. Sometimes, it can be incredibly difficult to raise a verbal score from a 22 to, say, a 35 or a 40... so maybe you're in better shape than it seems!

One of my students was really struggling to stay focused on his GMAT studies, so he stapled MBA brochures above his desk for inspiration. (He was a weird dude, and also stapled brochures above his toilet and on the ceiling above his bed.) Maybe that would help? :-D

And I completely agree with HImba88: you probably do need to work on the basics, but try to give yourself some variety so that you don't burn out. Do some GMAT questions from time to time, try to use a variety of different math books, and maybe even do a practice test when you really can't stomach the books anymore--at the very least, it can be easier to get motivated to take a test than to stare at yet another math book.

Good luck with everything. We're all looking forward to the debrief when you tell us that you earned a 720!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Having been working on my prep for just less than a month I can definitely agree with the statement someone made on this forum (can't remember who). You will have moments when you feel really stupid compared to everyone else and have days when you feel like this GMAT will be a breeze but really you are just somewhere in between. So put in the hard work and it will work out! (that's what I am telling myself anyhow)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts