Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.1
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink]
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>
9. Booth: Read #6, this school exemplified it. The women here were not nice at all, especially since the environment felt very cut throat competitive, it made the women even more unattractive. The vibe I was getting from the women can be summed up to being miserable, depressing, suicidal, and irritable. I had a conversation with one of the students at Haas and she pretty much summed it up "Booth's facility is amazing. But it's a real bubble from Chicago, because the students have to be protected from the misery."

I still have UCLA and Marshall left to go, but I can tell you already it's going to end up high on the list. Opinions? haha

I am just wondering what made you say so(refer to the bold part)..from all the sources I have heard is Booth has very much an collaborative environment rather than a competitive one :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>
9. Booth: Read #6, this school exemplified it. The women here were not nice at all, especially since the environment felt very cut throat competitive, it made the women even more unattractive. The vibe I was getting from the women can be summed up to being miserable, depressing, suicidal, and irritable. I had a conversation with one of the students at Haas and she pretty much summed it up "Booth's facility is amazing. But it's a real bubble from Chicago, because the students have to be protected from the misery."

I still have UCLA and Marshall left to go, but I can tell you already it's going to end up high on the list. Opinions? haha

I am just wondering what made you say so(refer to the bold part)..from all the sources I have heard is Booth has very much an collaborative environment rather than a competitive one :?

It might have been the day I was visiting (late May 2012), the class I was sitting in (Marketing Strategies), or the specific class itself, but it was very competitive. Everyone was vying for a chance to speak, and it was an one-up-manship thing going on. My mentor, who graduated from Chicago in '86 says it was the same when he went through there and isn't surprised it hasn't changed much. I've visited 3 schools officially and 6 unofficially, and I think that the official ones are more dog and pony and formal rather than the unofficial ones, those were more honest and true.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
lonesoui wrote:
yogesh1984 wrote:
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>

It might have been the day I was visiting (late May 2012), the class I was sitting in (Marketing Strategies), or the specific class itself, but it was very competitive. Everyone was vying for a chance to speak, and it was an one-up-manship thing going on. My mentor, who graduated from Chicago in '86 says it was the same when he went through there and isn't surprised it hasn't changed much. I've visited 3 schools officially and 6 unofficially, and I think that the official ones are more dog and pony and formal rather than the unofficial ones, those were more honest and true.

Hmm agree on informal visits being more fruitful :) ..thanks for sharing those thoughts & experience.. I guess people feel more comfortable because of non disclosure of grades policy perhaps at Booth :?: ..class rooms may be such competitive at schools most of the times
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Purdue University - EE; RF Design - Telecommunication
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.16
WE:Design (Telecommunications)
Send PM
lol I think Wharton just bumped up in my list. What was so wrong about Yale?...i get the feeling that it might be a funny encounter....U of C seems to have a low ranking in the Women's department according to most people in the forums...lonesui, did you get a chance to visit U Mich?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Whatup780 wrote:
lol I think Wharton just bumped up in my list. What was so wrong about Yale?...i get the feeling that it might be a funny encounter....U of C seems to have a low ranking in the Women's department according to most people in the forums...lonesui, did you get a chance to visit U Mich?

You have to remember, my rankings are based on the city, the undergraduate, and the program itself. Yes, Haas didn't have a lot of beautiful women, and Cal/SF probably all would receive a score of 6/10 overall in good looking women. But like I said, it's the warmer weather (somewhat year round) that helps them out. If Cal/Haas/SF were located in a cold climate area, they would get an overall score of -G/10.

The only programs I've visited are listed in my rankings. Although from rumors I've heard, Fuqua for some reason has the best looking women. Just hearsay of course.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
How would you rank Tuck? I heard that it is a friendly BSchool. But according to your methodology, the local talent pool of Hanover isn't great. The weather is cold, so can Tuck Totties compete with Fuqua Foxes? What is the take of engineering BSchools such as MIT Sloan and Tepper?

lonesoui wrote:
You have to remember, my rankings are based on the city, the undergraduate, and the program itself. Yes, Haas didn't have a lot of beautiful women, and Cal/SF probably all would receive a score of 6/10 overall in good looking women. But like I said, it's the warmer weather (somewhat year round) that helps them out. If Cal/Haas/SF were located in a cold climate area, they would get an overall score of -G/10.

The only programs I've visited are listed in my rankings. Although from rumors I've heard, Fuqua for some reason has the best looking women. Just hearsay of course.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:
How would you rank Tuck? I heard that it is a friendly BSchool. But according to your methodology, the local talent pool of Hanover isn't great. The weather is cold, so can Tuck Totties compete with Fuqua Foxes? What is the take of engineering BSchools such as MIT Sloan and Tepper?

lonesoui wrote:

I can't speak on Tuck, Sloan, or Tepper as I haven't visited them. But Boston's review is located in the Harvard review. Also, as far as Yale is concerned. You guys have to remember that a lot of smart people attend these great undergraduate institutions. There's a negative correlation between looks and brains. As intelligence rises, attractiveness decreases hahaha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
mrsjonstewart wrote:
I think we need to revive it for the '15 hopefuls! I'm a single female so I'm liking my odds :) Good call about mixing it up with other schools within the university. No need to worry about 2 years of awkward interactions if things don't work out.

+1 on that! I just bookmarked this post. Think it's time to get more girls in on this discussion ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 610 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
ROFL..this looks like an old thread but i am curios to know what happened to your hunt ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I just wondered my way to this post and found it very entertaining - well I am a girl, so I m more curious on the comments of guys across different b-schools? (sorry, can't help noticing that the participants of this post is pretty male-domindated :p)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I love this thread lol! First of all, I think any school would be hard pressed to hold a candle to the "talent" at USC/UCLA. Not necessarily the B-school but campus as a whole. I've heard AZ schools have some good looking women. I think you have to look at campus as a whole because more than likely, the MBA pool being male dominated is not a good place to find a relationship (unless you're female). As we all know, competition by many parties for scarce resources drives the price up. However, if you widen your scope to the college as a whole, there can be value to be had. Personally I am only applying to midwestern schools because the midwestern type appeals to me. I have seen plenty of talent at all of the schools I visited.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
This thread is hilarious, and I second Sheva's comment. Since most top b-schools are about 70% male, I'd be interested to see some comments on the male populations across schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [2]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
DefyingGravity wrote:
This thread is hilarious, and I second Sheva's comment. Since most top b-schools are about 70% male, I'd be interested to see some comments on the male populations across schools.

I have visited Berkeley, Stanford, Yale, and Northwestern, so I can speak to them.

Stanford=hot. The most gorgeous guy from my undergrad ended up there. I think the interviewer's rating scale just asks about attractiveness because it's California dreamin' every day.

Kellogg. I thought the girls here were really pretty, and the guys were just ok.

Yale had hot international guys and so-so American guys. I might just have a thing for internationals though....hmmm. Overall though, Yale draws a dorky and mousy type of girl and a jew-fro kind of boy. Not exactly my type for dating, but that's why I'm probably attending Yale (and dragging the boyfriend with me). Hmmm, not that there are many gay people at a school of only 500 people...

Berkeley: the guys here were good looking, not as attractive as Stanford's, but totally worth a second look, or even a second date!

On a side note I visited Harvard as an undergrad, and even if they're hot, they're so into themselves that they're already in relationships...with themselves. Hey, wait, my boyfriend went to Harvard...ugh, I hate this world and its evil irony!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DefyingGravity wrote:

We men are pretty much all the same except different shapes and sizes. . . 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Agentfish36 wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:

are you implying that such generalizatino does NOT apply to women? =P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sheva wrote:
Agentfish36 wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:

are you implying that such generalizatino does NOT apply to women? =P

Er, well, you have a point. But I'd say due to larger sample size the male populations would tend to average out more. . . maybe. . .
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Agentfish36 wrote:
I've heard AZ schools have some good looking women.

I can confirm this. Arizona State is ridiculous, though I suspect it has something to do with the 92% undergrad acceptance rate. #JustSayin'
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  23