Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
People who havent been invited to interview: take this with a grain of salt - since i have also not being invited to interview - if at this point you havent been invited to interview then start concentrating on prepping up for interviews with other schools or start preparing new apps for other schools.

From what has been stated in the past posts, the applicants with the strongest applications, or better "fit" applicants I should say, have already been invited at this point (specially for US & Indian candidates) - yes their might still be some new invitations coming out during the next weeks but these are truly the exception and not the norm.

Dont lose hope but this is no time to be discouraged, take this as the benefit of applying in the EA round and having the possibility of applying to other schools if Tuck doesnt work out - be realistic, proactive and dont give up this early in the admissions process.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:

One more thing I must mention which she spoke about was that she is returning from India on 19th. Post that, the committee will convene to start making decisions for EA round. I think it is then that more invites will come out as they may feel the class is not turning out the way they want it to or they haven't found enough good quality candidates. Either way, she said that by thanksgiving they are pretty much done with decisions and only a few, if any, more decisions are left to be made. Their attention by then has diverted to Nov round.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

This gives me hope till next Friday, after that it will be more or less over. Tuck was my first choice among all the schools and I tried my best to convey the same through the essays, guess that not being able to initiate applicant interview at Hanover might be the deciding factor.[/quote]

Hi icecube6000

Trust me not visiting Hanover cannot be held against you. I am saying this only after talking about this issue at length with several international students and alums from Tuck. None of them (I talked to) visited the campus before getting in. Personally, as an Indian, I think its almost financially impractical for Asian candidates to travel to the US just to interview (w/o knowing the outcomes). However, at the same time, I think its incredibly important for candidates living the US to travel to Tuck, shows seriousness and what not.

May be I am wrong, but I would still say dont blame yourself. Visiting the campus helps but I wonder what % of non-US based International candidates ever visit and get admitted.

Should stop rambling now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys. This is a question on the Financial Aid Applications.

The PDF provided on the website cannot save responses. Am I supposed to fill it in one go, take a print, scan and then send to financial aid office ? Or am I doing something completely wrong here! Also, should I just attach the "brief biographical essay" in the email ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
ashinvi wrote:

The PDF provided on the website cannot save responses. Am I supposed to fill it in one go, take a print, scan and then send to financial aid office ? Or am I doing something completely wrong here! Also, should I just attach the "brief biographical essay" in the email ?

The red is exactly what I did. Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
ashinvi wrote:

The red is exactly what I did. Hope that helps!

@kingfalcon - Thanks. That helps
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Few updates from Tuck Mumbai Reception ( 2 Tuck alumni and 1 adcom member were present)

1) All invites for Indian applicants are NOT yet over, so a little hope remains for EA round applicants
2) The adcom member said that she cannot say for certain that 50-60% of class fills up in EA and R1, bcoz quality of applicants differ every year and thus even if you apply early , u cannot make it if your application isn't strong enough. So apply when ur scores and essays are good enough.
3) 2-3 ppl had their interview before the info session (they were invited for SKYPE interviews, which were later converted to face-to-face interviews) since the Tuck reception was taking place in India
4) She explained about the various finance options-scholarships in 1st and 2nd yr, low interest loans, co-signer free loans etc
5) She said that she provides feedback and tips to improve one's application to all those unsuccessful applicants who wish to re-apply,but one has request for it at the end of the admissions cycle in April. She has called many applicants in the past telling them what component of their admission application wasn't good enough and what can be done to improve.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM

Originally posted by gtvisa2002 on 14 Nov 2012, 15:44.
Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 18 Jan 2013, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Agreed, sitting around waiting for interview invitations/offers of admission is the worst part of the process for me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Had a dream last night about Tuck results coming out and it wasn't a good one. I guess it's my mind projecting into the future, taking into account the fact that I haven't been invited to an interview this late into the EA round. Haha!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [2]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
gtvisa2002 wrote:
Another month for EA decisions!
This is a looooong wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqg_-wXnuU
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM

Originally posted by gtvisa2002 on 14 Nov 2012, 20:21.
Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 18 Jan 2013, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Consortium application submitted. Now the waiting game.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
FYI, there is a scheduled at BTG, just saw this in my Twitter Update.

Quote:
App. questions? #Bschool concerns? Chat TODAY from 12pm - 1pm ET with #tuckshool AdCom on Beat the #GMAT; ow.ly/fhSYk.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any International, non-Indians, students invited to interview? Invitations have slowed down lately.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Sharpie, there were some applicants from other countries who got invited to interview, but a common thing they share is that there was an admissions event held in thir country.

I think the question should be: Any international applicant who does not come from a country where Tuck admissions event were held/will be held who were invited to an interview?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi everyone, I attended the Tuck reception in Bangalore and thought I'd share some pointers. Some of these may already be known to you:

1. EA invites are still coming out, geography no bar. This year, the EA volume is up by 30% and Allegra mentioned that the adcom is stressed out, trying to wrap up everything before the decision day. Her advice to applicants was to wait and not assume the worst.

(Personally, I feel that since they haven't finished reading the apps, you cannot assume that they've covered all apps from country X or Y. I don't think it is correct to assume that if you didn't get an invitation that coincided with a reception, you're scrood.)

2. As str1der previously mentioned, almost 60% of the class is decided from the EA and November rounds.

3. They don't care about multiple GMAT attempts, whether the scores trended up or down. Just have a good score(s) in one of them.

4. Allegra mentioned that she uses a + and - column while reviewing applications. So if your GMAT is low, like in the 500s or 600s, she would put that under the minus column. But this alone does not qualify for a ding. They look for other compensating strengths or evidence that you have worked on these weaknesses. One exception would be military candidates, who have either the GPA or GMAT low, but generally have great profiles. Tuck loves military candidates and recruiters love them too.

5. For those who applied in the November round, expect interview invites to come out 6 weeks from 11/7.

6. The one thing she stressed the most were the career goals. I think she talked about it at least 3 or 4 times. If your career goal is lofty, then Career Services steps in to determine whether they have the resources to place you in that role after your MBA. So it is very important that you state a strong case for your goals.

7. They don't expect Indian candidates to have stratospheric GMAT scores. It's just that they're so used to seeing these scores from India. They don't think 680-710 is bad at all. However they will be concerned if your verbal or quantitative score is low, or if your AWA is below 4.5.

Hope this helps!
Pru
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
wow! Apps in EA up by 30%? That's stupendous. Such a competitive pool then. Making me more nervous.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts