Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request and school reccomendations [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bradenpan wrote:
Linda - thanks for the comment

first off: I updated my graduation date to the correct year: 2007 (I entered college in 2003, apparently I was struggling yesterday).

Re: GPA - no extenuating circumstances and no distinct trends. I did have a 3.3 in my major. Honestly, I didn't really go to class that much in college, I wasted the time away goofing off with friends. While it was a great time, I do wish I had made more of an effort on the educational side. I think (or at least hope) everything else shows that I'm intelligent and I've matured since then so (hopefully) schools won't see it as too much of an issue.

Brad,

You're welcome. Thanks for clarifying.

Again, you need to address that GPA. Say it was due to immaturity. That you wish you had taken your coursework more seriously. Point to your professional progress and PMP as evidence that you have matured and know how to apply yourself.

For more ideas on handling a low GPA, please see https://blog.accepted.com/2012/06/13/mba ... ad-grades/ .

I still think you should apply to the programs you have targeted with the possible exception of HBS and MIT. Then add a couple of programs that support your goals and may be so wow'ed by everything else that they will overlook the GPA. Consider Cornell Johnson, UT McCombs, and UCLA Anderson.

If you would like help with your MBA application, please let me know.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request and school reccomendations [#permalink]