Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 02-10-2013
GPA: 3
WE:Editorial and Writing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation & College hunt [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Further queries are good. We like further queries!!!
:)

1. This experience will be as relevant or as irrelevant as YOU make it. Meaning, okay, we know that it's not as good as leading a team of 10 bankers! ;), but still, if it has granted you experience that will be useful on your way towards your goals, then it IS relevant.

2. For the most part, school do NOT want you to convert, but to send your ORIGINAL grades.

3. If you like :). But seriously, I can't tell you where to apply. I can only suggest ideas. If the school attracts you, then sure!

4. that is true! In that case you can look a bit lower on the list. I think BU and BC are not bad options. John Hopkins. Baruch. Hofstra. There are many many more... so I suggest first you take a look at what schools are out there and get back to us.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey!
I contemplated and felt that I might try getting into a course related to Healthcare like Master of Health Administration, Master of Public Health and MBA in Healthcare. In Mass Communication sector I do not see much scope of getting a job and Healthcare is of my interest too. I feel I can add my passion of Writing into Healthcare and excel in things like Digital Health!

Do you think Im making sense? With a B.Engg degree in Food Technology and 2 yrs work experience in content writing, now applying to Master of Health Administration?
Please mention some universities where I could apply. I thought of few at Florida and Texas. Not in top 20 but between top 30-50 according to US news rankings!

take care...

JonAdmissionado wrote:
Further queries are good. We like further queries!!!
:)

1. This experience will be as relevant or as irrelevant as YOU make it. Meaning, okay, we know that it's not as good as leading a team of 10 bankers! ;), but still, if it has granted you experience that will be useful on your way towards your goals, then it IS relevant.

2. For the most part, school do NOT want you to convert, but to send your ORIGINAL grades.

3. If you like :). But seriously, I can't tell you where to apply. I can only suggest ideas. If the school attracts you, then sure!

4. that is true! In that case you can look a bit lower on the list. I think BU and BC are not bad options. John Hopkins. Baruch. Hofstra. There are many many more... so I suggest first you take a look at what schools are out there and get back to us.

Best,
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
In such a program you can definitely get into a school with interest and without previous experience in your industry, but likewise you will need to show where your passion comes from, and at least the PROMISE of success in this industry. As for schools, again it will depend on your GRE and test scores, so you would need to get that out of the way first.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey!
I scored 610 in my GMAT.
Aspiring for - Master of Public Health (MPH) & MBA in Healthcare Administration.
1) Which schools do you feel I have a chance of getting into (Fall'2013)?
2) How about Canada? like University of Toronto?

Thanks a ton :)

JonAdmissionado wrote:
In such a program you can definitely get into a school with interest and without previous experience in your industry, but likewise you will need to show where your passion comes from, and at least the PROMISE of success in this industry. As for schools, again it will depend on your GRE and test scores, so you would need to get that out of the way first.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well there are a lot of schools out there! And it all depends on your goals... your MPH + MBA desire will limit things already of course!

You could start looking into schools like Stonybrook, John Hopkins, BU. There are many many more, though, so don't limit yourself to these. But do kep in mind that they are challenging programs to get into, and when you look at schools, as a first rule of thumb, you don't want their average GMAT to be much higher than the score you actually got (or if you DO want to apply to those schools, think about retaking the GMAT, which I would suggest anyhow, given the time you have, and the possibilities for improvement)

I hope this starts you off!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
Would you please read my SOP mentioned below and give your valuable feedback? Would be huge help! Thanks :)

SOP – Points
Course – MBA/MS-Healthcare Management
A one page, double spaced, typed essay outlining the applicant’s academic interests and goals.

1. My association with Healthcare began when I was born to a doctor. I grew up watching him heal patients and give sweets to their children. My father organizes medical camps and provides low cost treatments to the poor. This has inspired me to pursue a career in Healthcare, and work especially for the underprivileged. Once I gain relevant work experience, we would team up with more doctors and start our own Public Health NGO.

2. While pursuing my Engineering is Food Technology, I got wide exposure to various aspects of Food Science, Nutrition, Quality Analysis, and Biochemistry. I understood how food affects our bodies and how important it is to manage our dietary intakes. I want to couple my background in Food Science with Healthcare Management and work on diseases like malnutrition, obesity, diabetes, and heart problems.

3. Once, I suffered from depression and took to spiritual awareness to heal myself. I pursued a course called Post Graduate Diploma in Value Education and Spirituality, under the leadership of Brahma Kumaris. I learned that our emotional health is nourished by values, meditation and spiritual practices. A masters program in healthcare management would give me a platform where I can explore this subject and use it to heal masses suffering from psychosomatic diseases and depression, anxiety, anger, frustration, blood pressure problems etc.

4. When I worked with digital media companies as Creative Writer and Copywriter for 2.5 years, I wrote articles, blogs, managed social media forums and content on a mobile site. I strongly believe that the Healthcare industry must tap the mobile media. A poor man should be able to dial a number and enquire about what his symptoms could probably mean, which hospital could offer him a low-cost treatment etc. Common man can be educated about health by using the mobile media effectively.
I want to study management subjects like Marketing management, Organizational behavior, Financial management, Accounting, and Strategic management which are covered in your curriculum. Deeper knowledge into these subjects would help me initiate mobile health projects in future.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, I wouldn't do this here in the forum, but I will definitely be happy to help. Luckily we do offer a free review of an essay (or SOP). The best would be to either fill out a profile evaluation on our website: www.admissionado.com
or you can send the SOP with a note about who you are to info@admissionado.com (and just say you got referred from this here forum)
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts