Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [0]
Send PM
Re: Debrief: 640 to 720 in 3 weeks + useful pre-exam tips [#permalink]
I think their simplicity is what makes them unique. Are you applying this year? you could ask admission consultants for a free profile evaluation

ask-admission-consultants-124/?fl=menu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 296 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Quote:
The IR of the MGMAT is much tougher than the actual exam. Be sure they give you a calculator for the IR. My first sitting they did not give me one and I had to waste time with the computer calculator pressing buttons with the mouse

did you get a physical calculator
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
vikram4689 wrote:
Quote:
The IR of the MGMAT is much tougher than the actual exam. Be sure they give you a calculator for the IR. My first sitting they did not give me one and I had to waste time with the computer calculator pressing buttons with the mouse

did you get a physical calculator

First time I took it mid-July they didn't provide one.
2nd time round -10th of August - they gave me one saying it had just arrived a few days earlier. The girl at reception was going to let me keep it for the whole test had I not returned it myself after the IR section. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GPA: 2.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congratulations Stephmat!

I am trying to improve so that I may cross the barrier of 700. I have completed MGMAT guides but, I think that I am not getting much out of them in case they are really good. I have heard about GMATPill and the frameworks that it teaches. Since you have used one pill of Sentence Correction, please let me know that whether it was worth. I am asking this for two reasons: -
1). Most of us know what nouns, adjectives and various parts of speech are and what is subject verb agreement. Does the SC pill teaches something/anything different from these concepts? I am able to crack the questions of moderate difficulty with these skills but, will GMATpill help me (assuming that I will get the most out of it) to break the barrier of 700?
2). I am quite skeptical because the entire course is quite costly since I am from India. The current price of the course is $357 that comes out to be INR 20,000/- if I pay by credit card. So, I want to invest in something really good considering the fact that I have already invested in MGMAT and taken the GMAT twice

Your response and/or advice will really help me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1329 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ObsessedWithGMAT wrote:
Congratulations Stephmat!

I am trying to improve so that I may cross the barrier of 700. I have completed MGMAT guides but, I think that I am not getting much out of them in case they are really good. I have heard about GMATPill and the frameworks that it teaches. Since you have used one pill of Sentence Correction, please let me know that whether it was worth. I am asking this for two reasons: -
1). Most of us know what nouns, adjectives and various parts of speech are and what is subject verb agreement. Does the SC pill teaches something/anything different from these concepts? I am able to crack the questions of moderate difficulty with these skills but, will GMATpill help me (assuming that I will get the most out of it) to break the barrier of 700?
2). I am quite skeptical because the entire course is quite costly since I am from India. The current price of the course is $357 that comes out to be INR 20,000/- if I pay by credit card. So, I want to invest in something really good considering the fact that I have already invested in MGMAT and taken the GMAT twice

Your response and/or advice will really help me.

GMAT pill's methodology is different it has 10 frameworks for the SC section you could get some info about their course (not all) from the e-book.

https://www.gmatpill.com/ebook/GMAT%20Pill%20E-Book.pdf

Another good thing about GMAT pill and which probably no other course in the world provides is at the moment its lifetime membership so you can access it even 5 years down the line. Plus if there are any updates in the pill like new videos will get added to your account no additional charges.
Example, there was an upgrade in the quant section with new combination / permutation videos I got access to them without having to pay anything extra.

As for the cost most of other courses cost around 1000 USD only e-gmat which is only verbal costs similar to that of the entire GMAT pill. If your only looking for verbal then it will cost you around 247 dollars.

You can try out some their questions from their practice pill platform. Just create a login.

https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... -questions

some videos that might help you

RC passage video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDws-pAm ... ature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEr-wSRx ... ature=plcp

Some SC /quant / IR videos and explanation samples over here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj74q2-2 ... ature=plcp

click +1 kudos if my post helped.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder