Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: IMD 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I know that one of the candidate sounds defer his offer to next year.

Someone told me before that sometimes WL could be put to admission next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
The portal indeed says 90 but when I actually count the names on it, I find 89!
Maybe still one seat available. One of the new accepted applicant has been waitlisted in round 2 and he received the acceptance only a week ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Iceman1312 wrote:
surprising since the adcom stated that they have their final meeting on friday (16th) to discuss on WL list. Is it possible that some who had accepted earlier (R1/R2) may have dropped out in due course by getting admitted to other schools and not paid their second installment?

The labor market is tough this year, and there are no symptoms of ease on the horizon, according to current class. So may be this may change plans of somebody. By the way, it's strange decision to pay CHF15k and then loose them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Till the end of Oct, everyone should pay off 30K CHF in total. It is not making sense to drop it anyway. There is only one we heard deferred to next year, which means only 89 seats for 2014
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can be sure that there is still one seat available. They may select one from WL.:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No seat available now, we are complete! The WL candidate might have received the info by now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Count on the portal, sounds still 89? But it did show as 90. Probably someone will pay the deposit soon?

mazwaz wrote:
No seat available now, we are complete! The WL candidate might have received the info by now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
There is a little trick ;) after 31-90 there is another page!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
ss268 wrote:
Hi all, I'm one of the applicants who interviewed on 25. May in Singapore, and have been waitlisted. Some technical problem prohibited me from posting here, but here's the result of the assessment day.

- May 25th (SGP) - out of 8: 3 accepted (1 declined, 2 unknown), 5 waitlisted.

Hi,

Quick question..Is there no other place for interview stage except Lausanne. Is S'pore an option or just holds true for one of the stages.?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
neerz wrote:
ss268 wrote:
Hi all, I'm one of the applicants who interviewed on 25. May in Singapore, and have been waitlisted. Some technical problem prohibited me from posting here, but here's the result of the assessment day.

- May 25th (SGP) - out of 8: 3 accepted (1 declined, 2 unknown), 5 waitlisted.

Hi,

Quick question..Is there no other place for interview stage except Lausanne. Is S'pore an option or just holds true for one of the stages.?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

You should rather post your questions on the IMD 2014 thread (imd-2014-calling-all-applicants-142388.html). It is the thread that relates to the current admissions.
But to answer your question, you'll find the answer at the bottom of the IMD webpage on its interviews: https://www.imd.org/programs/mba/admissi ... rviews.cfm . There are interviews in Singapore during some of the rounds.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

Writing to you (and not 2014 thread) as you guys have the experience and would have seen it all. Am planning to apply for 2014 and need your input regarding chances that I have to get into IMD. Also, whether it makes sense to try for IMD. My profile reads like this :

- 9 years of exp by August 2013.
- Did my engineering from best REC/NIT of the country.
- Indian IT male
- 740 score in GMAT (85+ percentile in each section)
- Total 4 years of International experience.
- Multi cultural experience - Have spent total of 2 years in Brazil, China and Mexico. Considering I have obviously worked in India as well (my home country), I have experience of working in emerging economies (3 out of 4 BRIC countries + LaTAM ). Lead teams consisting of citizens of these countries and not Indian folks.
- Entire experience in retail and supply chain (domain wise) and IT software (company wise) . Performed managerial type of roles. Intend to work as consultant in Big 4 OR as manager with a big retailer in future.
- Multiple awards during working experience.
- Very little to offer in extra curricular.

Considering I would have to apply in R2 and have an Indian IT male profile, do I hold a realistic chance to get through..? Is it worth it to write 13 essays, go to Switzerland, spend big bucks (trip to Switzerland and app fees) in such a scenario..?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
neerz wrote:
Guys,
Writing to you (and not 2014 thread) (...)

I guess you decided to post the same post on the 2014 thread after all ;) (cf imd-2014-calling-all-applicants-142388-60.html#p1195561)
neerz wrote:
Considering I would have to apply in R2 and have an Indian IT male profile, do I hold a realistic chance to get through..? Is it worth it to write 13 essays, go to Switzerland, spend big bucks (trip to Switzerland and app fees) in such a scenario..?

IMD provides an official process to answer exactly that question: https://www.imd.org/programs/mba/Assess-your-chances.cfm?
I would recommend that you submit your profile via this system, as it will give you a fair idea of how you would fare, from those very people that have the knowledge, and whether it is worth to spend the time/money on the application.

For what it's worth, I found that writing those numerous essays provided me much insight on my profile, so it was worth the exercise anyhow... and yes, I think your profile may fit IMD.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
noinpac wrote:
neerz wrote:
Guys,
Writing to you (and not 2014 thread) (...)

I guess you decided to post the same post on the 2014 thread after all ;) (cf imd-2014-calling-all-applicants-142388-60.html#p1195561)
neerz wrote:

IMD provides an official process to answer exactly that question: https://www.imd.org/programs/mba/Assess-your-chances.cfm?
I would recommend that you submit your profile via this system, as it will give you a fair idea of how you would fare, from those very people that have the knowledge, and whether it is worth to spend the time/money on the application.

For what it's worth, I found that writing those numerous essays provided me much insight on my profile, so it was worth the exercise anyhow... and yes, I think your profile may fit IMD.

Yup..I did. And I got a reply in affirmative. This is one of the lines by Simone Kuhn "Based on the information you provided in the survey, there seems to be a good fit between your profile and the IMD MBA requirements. We encourage you to submit a full application when ready.". I still thought of asking you guys coz it seemed to be a standard answer and not necessarily considering other factors such as R2, Indian IT male etc.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All IMD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All IMD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All IMD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated IMD Forum to dive into all things related to IMD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts