Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63658 [1]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63658 [1]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: 540...No idea what went wrong. [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow, it sounds like you've been through some rough stuff lately. Sorry to hear about your friend's dad. That's definitely the sort of thing that makes it hard to focus on filling in silly little bubbles.

If anything, it makes me feel even more optimistic that you'll break through on your next attempt, though. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any mention of the GMAT Quant Review and GMAT Verbal Review books in your original post, and I would definitely recommend using those--there's simply no substitute for official questions. And you'll definitely want to purchase the GMATPrep Question Pack, which contains 400 retired questions.

The MGMAT tests are worth doing, but it's really hard for any test-prep company to perfectly copy the style of the test. Since your verbal score is already really high, you might want to stick with the official questions in the resources mentioned above, and maybe supplement with a little bit of LSAT for a good CR and RC challenge. And then use the MGMAT CATs primarily for quant. And when you practice, really be hard on yourself about the careless errors... if you can eliminate those, I'm sure that you'll be more than fine.

Please kick the crap out of the GMAT next time, and please tell us all about it afterward. Good luck with everything!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,
You are right, I havent used either the quant review or verbal review. I will try and look for those as well, though my biggest problem is the cost, but I will figure it out. thank you for all the advice and I will kick the GMATs Butt next time and tell you a beautiful story..
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts