Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 838 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS '15 (I)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
sid05 wrote:
dcxshhf wrote:
Did everyone get an email from Dee after the interview? If yes, how many days after the interview did you receive the email? I interviewed last week, but still haven't got it.

I didn't receive anything after the interview other than the 'What's Next' email sent out last week.

I haven't received the "What's next" email either...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
what day did you interview? i got the email on nov 20
Intern
Intern
Send PM
balgeary wrote:

I interviewed on Nov. 23rd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
dcxshhf wrote:
balgeary wrote:

Yup, the Whats next email was sent on 11/20. Weird though, as the email language made it seem as if all interviews had been completed..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KillerApp wrote:
dcxshhf wrote:
balgeary wrote:

Yup, the Whats next email was sent on 11/20. Weird though, as the email language made it seem as if all interviews had been completed..

Wonder if they will send another round of emails to people interviewed after Nov. 20th. Can someone please share the email content? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
dcxshhf wrote:

Wonder if they will send another round of emails to people interviewed after Nov. 20th. Can someone please share the email content? Thanks.

Brief summary of the email:
Here's what we can expect on noon Boston time on 12-12-12.
1) No phone calls on the decision date from HBS. You will get an email saying that a decision has been made and will direct you to the website where you will check the status.

2) Decision will be one of the following:
a) Maybe: there's a waitlist coordinator who will answer questions you have, etc
b) Sorry, but no: it's not you, it's HBS. Making a class is hard & it's not about rank-ordering applicants. Dee will have open hours to give feedback.
c) Yes: yay! Students and Interviewers will contact you after the decision date.
---> Admit Welcome is 17-18 January (save the date!)
---> You'll get access to prematriculation website immediately

To the others who received the email - Did I leave out anything important?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
looks about right. the "no" sounds like a high school break up :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
balgeary wrote:
looks about right. the "no" sounds like a high school break up :P

Haha - agreed! I purposely opened the email so I could be sure to get the flavor of her language. That is almost word for word how she puts her "sorry, no" category.

Ugh - COME ON 12-Dec. I wish I had a time machine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Given paucity of discussion topics - did anybody else have two interviewers? What did you think of the dynamic and any potential impact on feedback?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Sigma26 wrote:
Given paucity of discussion topics - did anybody else have two interviewers? What did you think of the dynamic and any potential impact on feedback?

yes, I had a silent observer. From what I could tell, all the interviews on campus at that time had two people in the room.

I have decided that this must be the real test: can your hold your sanity through the time between interview and decision? I have been replaying the interview over and over in my mind, beating myself up over things I should have said and questions I could have answered better. Example: until last weekend, I had completely forgetten about all the great lessons learned from my side-startup that I meant to bring up - I could have brought them up as a response to the question "what is something you are surprised we didn't ask?" or in my reflection essay, but they completely escaped me!

Seriously, this is torture. The 12th can not come fast enough
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
My observer contributed to the conversation a couple times. Was he/she totally silent for the rest of you?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sid05 wrote:
My observer contributed to the conversation a couple times. Was he/she totally silent for the rest of you?

Mostly silent - contributed once unsolicited, then was the one to answer when I had the chance to ask them a question. I asked if there has been a noticiable culture change given the greater STEM emphasis over the last few years and the interviewer had her answer it.

It caught me off guard at first having a second person in the room, but both her and the main interviewer made a lot of eye contact between their furious note taking so it wasn't too bad once the questions started.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hunterashmore wrote:
Sigma26 wrote:

yes, I had a silent observer. From what I could tell, all the interviews on campus at that time had two people in the room.

I have decided that this must be the real test: can your hold your sanity through the time between interview and decision? I have been replaying the interview over and over in my mind, beating myself up over things I should have said and questions I could have answered better. Example: until last weekend, I had completely forgetten about all the great lessons learned from my side-startup that I meant to bring up - I could have brought them up as a response to the question "what is something you are surprised we didn't ask?" or in my reflection essay, but they completely escaped me!

Seriously, this is torture. The 12th can not come fast enough

I think we could be the same person. I didn't have a side start up, but have thought of SEVERAL items I wish I had mentioned either in the interview or in the reflection. It makes the waiting even worse.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
no observer for me. only one person to witness my incompetence :). maybe that's a plus!

the worst about waiting is that i don't have the motivation to really do much with my round 2 apps...i should probably start cranking
Manager
Manager
Send PM
balgeary wrote:
no observer for me. only one person to witness my incompetence :). maybe that's a plus!

the worst about waiting is that i don't have the motivation to really do much with my round 2 apps...i should probably start cranking

Yeah, I feel you on R2. I need to pull together my MIT app since I wont have much time between the 12th and 27th, but I am honestly just exhausted...and I am not looking forward to having to repeat the whole process all over again...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
These comments make me feel a lot better. I too have been replaying the interview over in my head over the past few weeks and kicking myself for not mentioning certain things in my answers. I actually told the interviewer I thought they were going to ask me about a time I disappointed or let someone down, and then of course they asked about it. So now my constant worry is that between the essay and interview I've given them too many negative stories about myself.

Had an observor as well. Wasn't expecting it, and it threw me off a little bit because they never made it clear if I was suppose to be addressing just the interviewer or both of them.

14 more days. Ugh.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
schroedes wrote:
These comments make me feel a lot better. I too have been replaying the interview over in my head over the past few weeks and kicking myself for not mentioning certain things in my answers. I actually told the interviewer I thought they were going to ask me about a time I disappointed or let someone down, and then of course they asked about it. So now my constant worry is that between the essay and interview I've given them too many negative stories about myself.

Had an observor as well. Wasn't expecting it, and it threw me off a little bit because they never made it clear if I was suppose to be addressing just the interviewer or both of them.

14 more days. Ugh.

Wow it feels like all of us here are on the same wavelength... pretty similar experience with 2 interviewers; and have been replaying the interview every minute of the day :)

Hold on tight guys!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts