Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
So, looking at previous posts, it looks like most invitations for interviews were sent out within 3 weeks of the deadline? Just wondering when I might hear about an interview for R2 (haven't submitted app yet).
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
sashankmnm wrote:
In the personal info section there is a question that asks for an answer in 140 characters. Does it mean 140 words or 140 alphabets? Am I reading it right?

If you're talking about the part in the personal info. section that states, "Immediately Post MBA," it's asking for 140 "alphabets", if you want to call it that. It includes the number of letters, spaces, and punctuation symbols. For example, my response here was 220 characters, including spaces.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
timetoapply101 wrote:
Hi All - for the letters of recommendation, it looks like the recommendations are submitted after the application is submitted. Does anyone know whether these can be submitted after the deadline? If so, how long after can they be submitted? Any experiences people can share?

Thanks!

All letters of recommendation must be submitted prior to the round deadline, in addition to the application, submitted by the student. If the recommendations are received after the deadline, the application review will be bumped to the next round.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
spouser wrote:
So, looking at previous posts, it looks like most invitations for interviews were sent out within 3 weeks of the deadline? Just wondering when I might hear about an interview for R2 (haven't submitted app yet).

Round 2 Interview Invitations may be received as soon as next week after the Round deadline, however there will be a lull in application review throughout the holiday season.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Aimhigh2012 wrote:
Hi All,

Any chance of getting interview invite now?
Really starting to worry now.

Yes, interview invitations may still be sent out as the review of Round 1 applications are continuing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: NTU '15
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi ,

See there any Indian who applied to R1 without TOEFL score and got a call? Please reply asap as based on the reply I would plan to apply in R2
The website doesn't lists India in the list of countries whose applicants can waive Toefl
Btw I belong to an institute where the mode of teaching is English

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
vibhuti88agr wrote:
Hi ,

See there any Indian who applied to R1 without TOEFL score and got a call? Please reply asap as based on the reply I would plan to apply in R2
The website doesn't lists India in the list of countries whose applicants can waive Toefl
Btw I belong to an institute where the mode of teaching is English

Thanks

Hi Vibhuti,

I wrote to McCombs to waive the TOEFL and they did. They have confirmed that India has been added to the list. I suggest you write to the admissions team and get a written confirmation from them. This will reassure you and tomorrow if the admission comes back to ask you for a score, you have an email to show them why you didnt send them one.

Best,
Sadhvika
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51446 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my app to McCombs and would like to get some inputs on the 2nd essay.

I wanted to know how you are approaching/approached "most +ive impact you have had till date" essay. While I understand that it can either be a professional or a personal story, what is the general consensus ? I am tilted towards a personal story. Also, can the personal story be related to helping a friend (financially and otherwise) who was in a bad situation and how that help had a larger +ive impact (impacting his family, etc) ?

For "+ive impact as a MBA student" I am considering talking about how I plan to contribute towards some of the student groups, etc. Is that the right approach (I know there is no "right" approach :-D but would like to hear your thoughts) ?

And finally for "+ive impact post graduation" can we talk about how the long term professional goal (which will be touched upon in essay 1) will have a +ive impact or does it have to be something else ?

I am on a tight time line and hence would sincerely appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone. I'm going to apply today, 3rd of December, one day before 2nd round deadline, and wanted to ask if any one knows when they will start sending invitations for the interview.

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I'm applying to McCombs round 2. I was just looking over the application instructions one last time and found this line:

Quote:
McCombs does not accept additional documents after you submit your application.

I had been hoping to submit the grade for a class I am taking currently after the deadline, as the class isn't over until mid-month. Does anyone have any experience with this situation at McCombs?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
This might be a silly question but did anyone make a Pinterest account and 'create a board labeled “Why the Texas MBA is for me?”'?. I have never used Pinterest so before I start Pinteresting things I wanted to see what the general consensus was about this creative little twist at the end of the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone

I am trying to fill the application form and see a 140 character "Immediately after MBA" question about where I see myself immediately after graduation from the Texas MBA.

Is this question:

1. Asking us to restate short term career goal in a concise manner or

2. The industry where we want to work or

3. The location within the US or otherwise where we would like to work

Request inputs at the earliest please. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my app to McCombs and would like to get some inputs on the 2nd essay.

I wanted to know how you are approaching/approached "most +ive impact you have had till date" essay. While I understand that it can either be a professional or a personal story, what is the general consensus ? I am tilted towards a personal story. Also, can the personal story be related to helping a friend (financially and otherwise) who was in a bad situation and how that help had a larger +ive impact (impacting his family, etc) ?

For "+ive impact as a MBA student" I am considering talking about how I plan to contribute towards some of the student groups, etc. Is that the right approach (I know there is no "right" approach :-D but would like to hear your thoughts) ?

And finally for "+ive impact post graduation" can we talk about how the long term professional goal (which will be touched upon in essay 1) will have a +ive impact or does it have to be something else ?

I am on a tight time line and hence would sincerely appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.

Yes, the second essay can illustrate a personal or professional story, just be sure that whichever store you choose, it clearly answers the prompt and in the most descriptive way possible. It is also a way for the Admissions Committee to see how you intend to use your time while in school and then after you have received the degree. You are correct in that there is no "right" way to approach each question - just be sure you clearly answer each prompt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm going to apply today, 3rd of December, one day before 2nd round deadline, and wanted to ask if any one knows when they will start sending invitations for the interview.

Thanks in advance

Interview invitations will begin to be distributed next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
candayam wrote:
This might be a silly question but did anyone make a Pinterest account and 'create a board labeled “Why the Texas MBA is for me?”'?. I have never used Pinterest so before I start Pinteresting things I wanted to see what the general consensus was about this creative little twist at the end of the application.

We very much encourage your participation in this activity! In no way will your pinterest board be used as an evaluation criteria alongside your application, however it just a fun way we would like to connect with our applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello Everyone

Yes, the second essay can illustrate a personal or professional story, just be sure that whichever store you choose, it clearly answers the prompt and in the most descriptive way possible. It is also a way for the Admissions Committee to see how you intend to use your time while in school and then after you have received the degree. You are correct in that there is no "right" way to approach each question - just be sure you clearly answer each prompt.

Thank you. This helps.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts