Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation-(720/8yrs) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Vips0000 wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Vips0000 wrote:
Hi Linda,

I come from the largest pool of MBA aspirants i.e. Indian/IT/male (age 29) and need your help in evaluating my profile.

1) GMAT score: 720 (q49, v38) - (AWA/IR scores awaited; a little disappointed with this score, can retake if you advise.)
2) Total work ex: 8 yrs in various roles in two renowned IT companies (4 yrs each)
3) Certifications: PMP, CSQA (Now expired) and FLMI level 1
4) Graduation: From one of the top engineering colleges in India. 73% (First class with distinction - due to tougher scoring, criteria for distinction in my college was 70% compared to 75% in other indian colleges)
5) International exposure: 30% of total workex. worked in South Korea and currently working in Singapore.
6) Extra curricular+ community service: Not muh to mention here. Organized a few project parties in my first company. part of cricket team for small duration (before moving to a new location). participated in team-sports events in my second company (won some tournaments). Dint get much opportunity in India to do any community work, however did some volunteer work in Singapore as plenty of opportunities are available here.
7) Areas of Interest : Primary : Management consulting, Secondary : Strategy, General management
8) Won several awards and certificates of achievement during my 8yrs career from my employers and appreciations from clients.
9) Colleges to apply :
a) Duke
b) Darden
c) Haas
d) INSEAD
e) HEC Paris

What I realize here is that my GMAT score and the pool that I come from could be a big disadvantage for me and my little (or close to nil) extra curricular and community service experience add to this.

I would really appreciate your inputs on my profile and on my chances (far, stretch,strong) at the colleges mentioned. Also, I would request you to suggest some additional colleges where you think I could be a good fit, with chances to get a decent scholarship (a huge factor) considering my profile. (I understand application/essays and recommendations are important factors but since I'm just done with my GMAT, would appreciate if you could provide your inputs based on the above mentioned information.

Thanks,
Vips

I do not recommend a retake. Haas is a stretch, but you have a competitive profile for the other schools on your list. I'm not optimistic about scholarships at these programs. You may also want to consider Ross and Cornell. If you would consider ISB, it might be a great fit for you in terms of cost and as a feeder school to management consulting.

Best,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the feedback.
ISB could've been an option but today is the last day for the application for indian applicants. :-( Considering that I did not have sufficient time to work on app, I excluded this from my list.
Do you reckon any other college similar to ISB in terms of cost and opportunity in MC.

Regards,
Vips

You may want to look into IMD or IE, or perhaps Cornell Johnson and UCLA in the U.S.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: profile evaluation-(720/8yrs) [#permalink]