Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 520 Q27 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 440 Q33 V13
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Depressed, Losing Hope: 520-> 520 (3 mos. of studying) [#permalink]
Kudos
The good news is your verbal is good. Quant is easy to do increase your score. Get a tutor and do OG 11-12-13 OG reviews and GMATPREP and buy the extra questions. do the gmat practice tests. DO NOT DO QUESTIONS FROM OTHER SOURCES AS THEY ARE NOT REAL QUESTIONS! and Timing is key to success on the GMAT!!!!! Get a Tutor to fast track. No joke! With enough dedications your Quant will increase from 28 to 40+ easily. You can easily get a 650+ cause your verbal is quite good. once Q is 40+ work on Verbal. Get the timing down and BAM! 700! Good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shreerajp99 wrote:
Sorry to hear about it.What were ur practice scores? GMATPREP mimics the actual test very well.Did u give Manhattan tests as well?

Thanks,
Shreeraj

Hi Shreeraj,

That was my mistake actually, I only did two GMAT Prep two times, in the last 4 days before my exam. My scores were 570. I did not do the Manhattan GMAT CAT tests too...another mistake, should've taken advantage of them. I really took a long time trying to "master" the content, but in the end, I didn't practice testmanship enough.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dc1234 wrote:
The good news is your verbal is good. Quant is easy to do increase your score. Get a tutor and do OG 11-12-13 OG reviews and GMATPREP and buy the extra questions. do the gmat practice tests. DO NOT DO QUESTIONS FROM OTHER SOURCES AS THEY ARE NOT REAL QUESTIONS! and Timing is key to success on the GMAT!!!!! Get a Tutor to fast track. No joke! With enough dedications your Quant will increase from 28 to 40+ easily. You can easily get a 650+ cause your verbal is quite good. once Q is 40+ work on Verbal. Get the timing down and BAM! 700! Good luck

Thanks for the advice and the motivation :) I will really consider the tutor too, as I have limited time. I'm going back to work and I want to be efficient at studying this time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shanmugamgsn wrote:
Oh i'm really sorry man...
As you said you were lucky enough to prepare for GMAT with dedication. But when it comes to score GMAT it was unfair to u..

You had gut to leave ur job and prepare for ur GMAT. Hats off for that.
ya when all your effort was ruined it will hurt u..
But dont get depressed try again...

Even i'm in same boat..
I quit my job 3 months before dedicated to GMAT, at least this time will hit it hard...

dont lose ur hope... Only hope will take you higher...

Thank you! I'm really glad, I had the courage to share my story. I'm really happy I've come to learn about GMAT club and get all these encouragement :) I'm now trying to go back to work but I'm not giving up on GMAT. I just need to work harder and smarter this time. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts