Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q154 V160
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I had submitted a recommender's name when I started my application but that recommender backed out later since she didn't have time to write the reco for me so I then submitted 2 other recommendations. However due to the Goizueta system you cannot delete a recommeder so it is now showing in OPUS as 'Initiated' which means Incomplete.

How do I sort this out? I have written to Goizueta about the same but I have not received any reply and neither has the status changed. I am hoping they just waive it since I have submitted 2 recommendations as required by the school.

Anyone else have any such experience or know what to do about it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview during Super Saturday. Quite alot of people attended this event. Alot from Atlanta and New York area. Just posting some of the questions I was asked during my interview in hopes that other interviewees will find it useful.

(NO specific order)
Walk through your resume in about 4-5 minutes (with questions here and there)
Why Emory?
Tell me about a challenge you faced, what did you learn?
Tell me about a team experience.
-What are your plans post MBA (LT and ST)
-tell me about a time you received harsh feedback,
Tell me about a recent article you read that interested you and why.
Which clubs would interest you?
Why not just look for your ideal position in banking instead of attending bschool since you are staying in same industry?
Q’s for interviewer? (left about 15 minutes in the end to ask various questions)

One curve ball was that I was interviewed by two people instead of one. An alumnus and a current student. Was kind of intimidating at first but they were very friendly and also shared their insight on the program throughout my responses so that helped. I want to assume that the student was shadowing the alumnus since there were multiple interviews occurring and some candidates had only one interviewer while others had two.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:
A question for the first round applicants.

I submitted my second round app last week. Initially, OPUS was showing five items (GMAT,TOEFL, Essays, Resume, Transcript) as initiated. Now, it is showing two items (GMAT,Interview) as initiated. Does this mean that i have been invited to interview or it is just normal? I suspect that it is the later.

Thank you.

Hey guys, i have submitted my application on 11/29 and today 12/11 i still see "GMAT SCORE - Initiated"... does anyone else see the same status? what does that mean? I received an official mail from Pearson that Emory University got Official score on October 1, 2012. Any suggestions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:
A question for the first round applicants.

I submitted my second round app last week. Initially, OPUS was showing five items (GMAT,TOEFL, Essays, Resume, Transcript) as initiated. Now, it is showing two items (GMAT,Interview) as initiated. Does this mean that i have been invited to interview or it is just normal? I suspect that it is the later.

Thank you.

Hey guys, i have submitted my application on 11/29 and today 12/11 i still see "GMAT SCORE - Initiated"... does anyone else see the same status? what does that mean? I received an official mail from Pearson that Emory University got Official score on October 1, 2012. Any suggestions?

I also see only my GMAT score missing. Strange because same was sent to Goizueta by GMAC on November 8. I reached out to the adcom and they replied that I would be contacted on e-mail if a certain element in the application was missing. So, I am assuming that they are still in the status updation process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Are there any round one admits who are having trouble with OPUS? More specifically, the acceptance and honor code agreement still appears on the to-do list even after completing it (multiple times) on the admitted students website.

For round two folks - I wouldn't worry too much about the OPUS/website stuff. From what I experienced in round one, the admissions team is on top of their game in contacting applicants if something is missing or if they need for you to clarify anything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, another question

So when do you think the invitations for interviews will be released for R2 applicants (Deadline was almost two weeks ago - 11/30)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
ZuluMong wrote:
Are there any round one admits who are having trouble with OPUS? More specifically, the acceptance and honor code agreement still appears on the to-do list even after completing it (multiple times) on the admitted students website.

For round two folks - I wouldn't worry too much about the OPUS/website stuff. From what I experienced in round one, the admissions team is on top of their game in contacting applicants if something is missing or if they need for you to clarify anything.

I'm experiencing the same problem, and my to-do still lists the honor code and agreement as pending after having completed it. But I think as long as you recieved a confirmation mail after completeing the honor code, and your Initial deposit has dissapeared from the list the minute you paid up, you are good . Like you mention, I would'nt worry about OPUS much. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Received an application complete notification today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys

Anyone here who have submitted on R2 deadline(11/30) got interview invitations?

Just got invitation from McCombs 8 days after the deadline, so wondering how long it takes here...

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
Hey guys

Anyone here who have submitted on R2 deadline(11/30) got interview invitations?

Just got invitation from McCombs 8 days after the deadline, so wondering how long it takes here...

Thanks in advance

I think that invitations will be sent withing next 2 weeks (until Christmas).
BTW - are U 1Y or 2Y applicant?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
2 Years Full-Time MBA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
By the way, i still have GMAT SCORE - INITIATED ... Anyone who submitted on 11/30 has same thing??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
By the way, i still have GMAT SCORE - INITIATED ... Anyone who submitted on 11/30 has same thing??

This likely means they hav'nt recieved your GMAT, or have yet not matched it to your application profile. You can expect a mail from them if they are having any trouble finding your GMAT scores.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Emory (Goizueta) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Hello all,

Having finished our first and third semesters, we're flying out to various locations around the world for the winter break and some of the student ambassadors will be hosting coffee chats with prospective students.

Please see the link below for the list of locations available and go ahead and register for the one you'd like to visit.

https://goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fullti ... chats.html

See you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Melodania wrote:
shmirill wrote:

This likely means they hav'nt recieved your GMAT, or have yet not matched it to your application profile. You can expect a mail from them if they are having any trouble finding your GMAT scores.

Hi Meladonia,
congratulations!

I applied on Nov 30. can u tell tentatively when we can expect interview invites...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Melodania wrote:
shmirill wrote:

Today is 12/18, still have GMAT SCORE - INITIATED... didnt get any email from them. Two days ago i have sent an email to MBA Admission, still now answer... really dont know what to do. I guess i will send another one today to Pam.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
Melodania wrote:
shmirill wrote:

Today is 12/18, still have GMAT SCORE - INITIATED... didnt get any email from them. Two days ago i have sent an email to MBA Admission, still now answer... really dont know what to do. I guess i will send another one today to Pam.

Hey guys,

I received an incomplete app e-mail yesterday stating I should clear any pending items in the checklist by Friday. I called and clarified the problem with them (I had added an extra recommender by mistake and the Emory app doesn't allow you to delete a recommender directly) and received a Completed app e-mail within an hour. When I called the lady at admissions kept me on hold for a bit just to make sure nothing else was missing before we ended the call just so that I wouldn't have to follow-up again.

So my advice to you is wait for the incomplete application e-mail. I'm assuming they are going through the applications now and checking the missing documents. If there is a problem they'll send the e-mail. Once they do clarify it with them and you should be perfectly fine.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts